University of Leeds Accomodation 2011 Watch

This discussion is closed.
King CalZ
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
any info on henry price building please?
99 Red Balloons
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Joining this thread! Still trying to decide which accommodation would be best in terms of location etc.!
Muffinz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by magicalelf)
my boyfriend was at lupton last year, and compared to accommodation ive saw at other unis ive applied to, lupton is sooo nice for the price! but then its a half hour walk to uni, which i dont think is that bad, tho i guess it can get annoying in the winter.
Awesome, you just sold Lupton to me!

I used to walk uphill half an hour for 40 mins to college anyway so 30 mins doesn't seem bad :3
jcockerill1
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm currently looking at Bodington, Henry Price, James Bailie and Clarence Docks, does anyone know the best one? I'm a bit of an out-going man, so would prefer a rowdier accommodation scene.
georgia246
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by jcockerill1)
I'm currently looking at Bodington, Henry Price, James Bailie and Clarence Docks, does anyone know the best one? I'm a bit of an out-going man, so would prefer a rowdier accommodation scene.

Can't help you with Bodington or Henry Price particularly ( although i believe the latter is fairly rowdy) but i can with the others. My brother was in James Bailie and a lot of the people there then (this obviously isn't going to apply to every year) were private school kids and a lot of them rugby boys = lots of alcohol = VERY rowdy. It's also near Headingly which is really studenty and there's a few pubs/bars etc nearby. The person i know who was in Clarence Dock said it's a really nice area but they found it quiet and it had a lot of people who has bf/gf's at home and just wanted a nice place to bring them when they came up. Although i have to add this was a few years ago..
jcockerill1
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by georgia246)
Can't help you with Bodington or Henry Price particularly ( although i believe the latter is fairly rowdy) but i can with the others. My brother was in James Bailie and a lot of the people there then (this obviously isn't going to apply to every year) were private school kids and a lot of them rugby boys = lots of alcohol = VERY rowdy. It's also near Headingly which is really studenty and there's a few pubs/bars etc nearby. The person i know who was in Clarence Dock said it's a really nice area but they found it quiet and it had a lot of people who has bf/gf's at home and just wanted a nice place to bring them when they came up. Although i have to add this was a few years ago..
I see, well thank you for the heads up! I think I shall go for Henry Price, will have a second look at each and decide on costs, en-suite etc.
jenk123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi guys, accepted my offer for leeds next year, was wondering if anyone has any thoughts/feelings/opinions on clarence dock, devonshire, james baillie or oxley!?

cant seem to make my mind up!

thanks!
Lovin
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'v applied for the Leodis Residences. They seem pretty close to the university itself and quite close to all the night life. Not only that I have a thing about having my own bathroom lol
bmt
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Hi all, I'm looking at james baillie and clarence dock atm on friends recommendations.

I wanna be with people I can get on with which is basically those who are up for a pint all the time but I guess most halls would fit that criteria.
elstevens
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Really leaning towards James Baillie though still undecided. It's so exciting! I love Leeds and it seemed like the city offered so much to do in the evenings, so I want to be in a good place for that. Also, self catered is important to me =).
emilymay
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by jenk123)
Hi guys, accepted my offer for leeds next year, was wondering if anyone has any thoughts/feelings/opinions on clarence dock, devonshire, james baillie or oxley!?

cant seem to make my mind up!

thanks!
Hey! What course are you doing? I really like the look of Dev and James Baillie, I'm leaning towards Dev atm. Is anyone going to to accomodation open day on the 26th?
Kimbliboo
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I've gone for Clarence dock. Gorgeous location and really really close to the city center so will save a fortune in taxis on nights out. It's a 25 minute walk from the uni which will be a nice stroll through town in the summer, too. I didn't want to be in Headingley or further afield (like Bodington) and the on campus accommodation seems to be far more expensive than the others for not much more other than the location.
Lovin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
For anyone interested or doesnt know about it yet, there's an accomodation viewing day on the 26th march.
So you can go have a look at your desired choice of accomodation and make your minds up. It starts at 10 I believe and the details are on the website. Just thought i'd let you all know for all who don't know already.
alevels
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeah I'll be going to that as I only got to see on-campus last summer so this should be good.
Ezekiel
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Postgrad student 23 could someone tell me where to live that will have a good mix UK postgrad students ?
jenk123
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by emilymay)
Hey! What course are you doing? I really like the look of Dev and James Baillie, I'm leaning towards Dev atm. Is anyone going to to accomodation open day on the 26th?
I'm doing sports science, what about you?
mmm devonshire looks nice, but apparently oversubscribed? have you visited any of the accommodation? i went round on the open day but completely forgot where i looked!
debating going to the viewing day, i live so far away though so might be a little pointless!
supernova92
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Does anyone know if you go to a post-offer open day, whether you can look at accommodation then as well?
jelly1000
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by supernova92)
Does anyone know if you go to a post-offer open day, whether you can look at accommodation then as well?
They took us to one of the on campus halls (Ellerlsie I believe) but other than that no.
Lovin
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Yeh I really wanna go to the viewing day, applied for leodis but I'v put that on the yougo site and someone's said that the leodis residences are probably being closed down. Does anyone know if this is true?
ajeffreys
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm in Bodington this year. The plus points are that it is very cheap, especially in comparison to the campus halls. Secondly, it has a great atmosphere with 1200 of us here, although I also have great flat mates which helps. I wouldn't recommend catered, as from what I have heard the food isn't so good (I'm self-catered). Negatives are obviously distance, although you get used to this, and it never takes more then an hour. Without fail I've managed to catch the bus half an hour before lectures and get to my lecture on time. Hope this helps a little.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads