BPTC. (BARRISTER ROUTE)help please Watch

SevenStars
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Fair enough - that'll teach me for reading before I've had a cup of tea. Doesn't change what I wrote though.

You do appear to be a little bit over-anxious for someone who says they already have pupillage.

And the information about Kaplan is still accurate.
pupildesperado
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by LegaleagleA)
Yep I have seen this, thank you.
First six pupillages are extremely unusual, so very well done. Most places these days offer either 12 months or 6 months renewables. I'd love to know where you are going.

Getting onto the BPTC is not difficult. There are nearly 2000 places per year, compared with some 600 pupillages on offer. I'd imagine if - and goodness knows how this could happen in light of the fact that the BPTC providers will be judging the top 2000 against the same criteria by which you've already shown yourself to be exceptional in securing pupillage - you can't find a BPTC provider, the BSB will help in order not to lose your pupillage. They're conscious of the numbers I've mentioned above, and you'd essentially be bed-blocking a BPTC student, with neither of you able to be a pupil at your chambers.
nulli tertius
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by pupildesperado)
First six pupillages are extremely unusual, so very well done. Most places these days offer either 12 months or 6 months renewables. I'd love to know where you are going.
I may be wrong but I think the OP may have given an undertaking not to practise in England and in consequence the Bar Standards Board have allowed him to undertake a traditional unremunerated pupillage.
LegaleagleA
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
Hi,

I have been accepted by City law school and BPTC but have accepted city law school offer. who else is going to city law school ICLS?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed