What are your reactions towards 'Men and Women are Equal'? Watch

LJGroom
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
My reaction is that we're not equal otherwise feminism wouldn't exist.
using_the_force
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I'm quite a feminist as I live in a society that degrades women at all times, so it's only natural. Some people can be so narrowminded! However, just as much as those people piss me off, so do the extreme feminists who think women are above men. We're all equal and it's that balance that we're trying to find.

Why should women be penalised at work because of maternity leave? There are two sides to every story! Women have come so far in just a few years! Hopefully it will continue until the balance is finally to scale!
Bagration
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
How contemptible it is to discriminate against someone on the basis of their birth.
MrCharmed
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That is an ideal that we should all strive for. However, it is naive to say that women's rights have come along anywhere near where they deserve to be. Women shouldn't feel content that they 'can' do things that they always should have been able to do, when there are still obstacles in their way that the opposite sex would not face. We should never stop fighting, and never be content, for that that's when progress will cease to be made.
usainlightning
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Equal but different
paella
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They are both human and therefore should be awarded the same human rights, and the same freedoms. That's about it.
py0alb
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by SatanIsAwesome)
It's a retarded statement.
We aren't equal, we are different in some areas.

Men are naturally stronger.
Women are naturally better communicators.
Just two examples.
Your confusing "equal" with "equivalent".
lovely_me
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Time Tourist)
Femininity is not the same as masculinity.
But are they equal?
Seven_Three
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If they were equal there would be niether catagory.

Honestly I would be completely puzzled as to why anyone would think such a thing if I didn't recognise how feminism predominates all discussion on sexuality in the west, it is just taken as a given that when you talk about sexuality you must take a feminist view point, especially if you are a man.
Melancholy
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Equal in what respect? It's very hard to compare broad categories even without having to take into account all the various interpretations of the question.
IQ Test
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I don't think they're entirely equal (ie. biologically), but I vehemently believe that men and women should have equal opportunities.
tazarooni89
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
It's like saying "apples and oranges are equal". Sure, there's no sense in objectively trying to specify one as "better" the other, but they obviously have their differences. I see no reason to attempt to pretend that these differences don't exist, nor trying to cover up the results of these differences.

Obviously there will be a bit of overlap, but as far as categories go, men and women are both physically and psychologically different. Naturally, it will in general make one gender more suited certain tasks than the other. It will make some activities more appealing to one gender than the other. It will make one gender more susceptible than the other to various opportunities or pitfalls in life. And I think in a few cases, it even makes certain rights and responsibilities more applicable to one gender than the other.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (251)
39.04%
No - but I will (44)
6.84%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.31%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (301)
46.81%

Watched Threads