Girls...will epilating chin hair make them thicker? I FEEL LIKE A HAIRY BEAST! Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by Rainbow-Dream)
How would you compare it to waxing? (If you've tried it). I have hair on the sides of my face (kinda like sideburns) and it's not that noticeable but I'd like to get rid of it nonetheless.
It does hurt a little bit, but not much as your in control of it. In comparison to waxing, i would say epilating is better, i have hair on side of my face too, i wan to epilate it, it's very effective
ellakrystina
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by TheOriginalAng)
That sounds ubelievably painful. All I can imagine by that is sewing
The tool they used to grab the hairs is basically a tiny, weeny lasso.
Sound cooler now?
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ellakrystina)
Waxing and epilation will make your hairs thinner, as long as you don't shave in between sessions. I wouldn't epilate your face as it'll really hurt.

My Asian friend gets her upper lip hair threaded, try that.
I just did epilate my chin, wasn't that bad!
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I just did epilate my chin, wasn't that bad!
it also says on the box to use on face
TheOriginalAng
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by ellakrystina)
The tool they used to grab the hairs is basically a tiny, weeny lasso.
Sound cooler now?
Sounds lovely, not that I'd ever have it done, but still
Anonymous #1
my face feels itchy now o.O
Miss_Scarlet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Not sure how it works with chin hair, but waxing/sugaring makes the hair grow back finer and softer.

I have sugaring (like waxing but more expensive and a little bit less painful) done on my bikini area, only had it done once so far but the hair is growing back much softer and finer. Just waiting for it to be long enough to sugar again.

It did hurt, but not as bad as I was expecting.
HellowHellow
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Miss_Scarlet)
Not sure how it works with chin hair, but waxing/sugaring makes the hair grow back finer and softer.

I have sugaring (like waxing but more expensive and a little bit less painful) done on my bikini area, only had it done once so far but the hair is growing back much softer and finer. Just waiting for it to be long enough to sugar again.

It did hurt, but not as bad as I was expecting.
Whats the difference between waxing and sugaring?
LaughingBro
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Probably your diet is causing you to over produce testosterone.
Miss_Scarlet
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by HellowHellow)
Whats the difference between waxing and sugaring?
Google sugaring and you can get more info on it and how it is done, as I am not good at explaining. It is basically a sugar paste made of natural things and although it is made a little warm, so it is more flexible, it does not need to be as warm/hot as wax. May be wrong, but think it is put on and pulled off in direction of hair growth, unlike waxing usually.

Wax sticks to the skin as well as the hair (and a bit can be left sometimes after). Sugar paste only sticks to the hair really, so it is a bit less painful and also better for sensitive skin and none remains on the skin after. Whilst it does hurt (especially the first two bits they do, not going to lie lol), it was not as bad as I expected and I am a wimp.

Waxing is quite a lot cheaper though normally.
Sweet_Heart
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
If bleach didn't work (not sure why it didn't ) then maybe have it waxed?

DON'T shave, and I think epilating there would be pretty weird. Have you ever used an epilator? It was painful for starters, and I had to give it a couple of goes before all the hairs on my leg were removed.

The hair grows back finer than if you shaved there, but it will still be thicker, and you will need to wait for it to grow again before you could epilate again. Basically, I wouldn't recommend it. Fairly sure you're not meant to use an epilator on your face.

Go to a beautician and see what they suggest?
paniking_and_not_revising
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
I get my facial hair lasered. It really helps but isn't really effective on fine hair. It's also a little costly. But I'd sacrifice the money if it means the hair is gone for good.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (543)
37.79%
No - but I will (112)
7.79%
No - I don't want to (98)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (684)
47.6%

Watched Threads