A "Creme Egg brownie" recipe. Watch

siani-chan
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
This sounds amazing.. I keep making chocolate tiffin lately but creme egg brownies... :sogood:
Jobud
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 years ago
(Original post by amizzle91)
Haha, I sent the recipe to my sister and she's going to make it... might just have to have a cheeky slice :p:
I like your style

(Original post by limetang)
Sounds interesting. Part of me thinks 'oooooh that sounds really yummy'. The other part thinks 'ewww that sounds sweet sticky and sickly (the bad kind of sweet sticky and sickly)'.
Nah it's not sickly at all, it's rich, but not sickly. The plain chocolate kinda balances it out, so it's all good give it a try
dothestrand
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Ohmigod, these sound so good.
r_u_t_h
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They actually sound FANTASTIC.
ElectronicPanda
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
i got chest pains and an ache in my left arm just reading through the recipe.

Sounds awesome! >o<
ch0llima
Badges: 14
Report 8 years ago
Looks like I'm going back to Tesco tomorrow
Jobud
Rep:
?
(Original post by ch0llima)
Looks like I'm going back to Tesco tomorrow
Creme Eggs are on offer there I think too good plan
Contrad!ction.
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
Might make these as a surprise for my dad tomorrow.

The washing up will make a nice surprise for him, I think.
PurpleNinja
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jobud)
Hey all, I just made some brownies using Creme Eggs, and they're bloody tasty. So I thought I'd share it with you. Creme Eggs only come once a year so bake it while they're around.

Ingredients:
  • 6 Creme Eggs,
  • 450g of plain chocolate,
  • 45g of sugar,
  • 140g of plain flour,
  • 125g of butter,
  • 4 medium/large eggs,
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of salt,
  • 3/4 of a teaspoon of baking powder,

Method:
  1. Set the oven up at 170 degrees Celsius and grease a pan with butter for your mix later.
  2. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
  3. Melt butter, the creme eggs and chocolate together. Best way to do it is using a double boiler.
  4. Whisk in the sugar. Hopefully you should have a silky mix, but don't worry if you don't, it'll smooth out later.
  5. Leave the chocolate mix to cool slightly, then mix in the actual eggs one by one. This is to make sure the eggs don't cook in the mix.
  6. After this, fold in the flour/salt/baking powder mix in thirds.
  7. You're ready to pour your mix into the tray, pour it into the centre of the tray and make sure it's level from corner to corner. If it isn't just drop the tray from a small height to even it out. Then put it in the oven for roughly half an hour.
  8. Leave the brownies to cool on a cooling rack for about an hour, this gives it time to firm up. Then cut up and enjoy like a boss.
  9. Thank me later.
Made these today (Absolutely fabulous!) These brownies managed to retain all the moistness without drying out like most brownies. Indeed, I can assure you I felt like a boss whilst enjoying these brownies.

You should have put down the measurements of your tin down. I put all of my mix into one normal sized cake tin and the edges burnt while the middle still cooked :'( In retrospect I should have put it into two cake tins, and then the volume would have been halved Beacause of this, the time was more like 45 mins.
I was also gobsmaked when I realized the volume of chocolate involved-there was no way that was going to fit in my tiny double boiler :P

But still (Do you have a cooking blog or something? I would totally follow it )
Jobud
Rep:
?
(Original post by PurpleNinja)
Made these today (Absolutely fabulous!) These brownies managed to retain all the moistness without drying out like most brownies. Indeed, I can assure you I felt like a boss whilst enjoying these brownies.

You should have put down the measurements of your tin down. I put all of my mix into one normal sized cake tin and the edges burnt while the middle still cooked :'( In retrospect I should have put it into two cake tins, and then the volume would have been halved Beacause of this, the time was more like 45 mins.
I was also gobsmaked when I realized the volume of chocolate involved-there was no way that was going to fit in my tiny double boiler :P

But still (Do you have a cooking blog or something? I would totally follow it )
Hey, I'm glad you like them. Yeah in hindsight I shudda put down the measurements, if you want to know my pan was rectangular and 12 by 8 inches (and about an inch deep), this would have helped a lot I imagine aha, but I guess they still turned out ok

I don't have a cooking blog no I don't really cook enough for it, I'm just trying all sorts of interesting foods and recipes before I go to uni so I don't have to live of ready meals and so I can get to know people through cooking etc lol. Nothing says "hello" like a creme egg brownie eh? It's nice to know someone would follow it if I did though
jimcatinnes
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jobud)
Hey all, I just made some brownies using Creme Eggs, and they're bloody tasty. So I thought I'd share it with you. Creme Eggs only come once a year so bake it while they're around.

Ingredients:
  • 6 Creme Eggs,
  • 450g of plain chocolate,
  • 45g of sugar,
  • 140g of plain flour,
  • 125g of butter,
  • 4 medium/large eggs,
  • 1/2 a teaspoon of salt,
  • 3/4 of a teaspoon of baking powder,

Method:
  1. Set the oven up at 170 degrees Celsius and grease a pan with butter for your mix later.
  2. Mix flour, salt and baking powder in a bowl.
  3. Melt butter, the creme eggs and chocolate together. Best way to do it is using a double boiler.
  4. Whisk in the sugar. Hopefully you should have a silky mix, but don't worry if you don't, it'll smooth out later.
  5. Leave the chocolate mix to cool slightly, then mix in the actual eggs one by one. This is to make sure the eggs don't cook in the mix.
  6. After this, fold in the flour/salt/baking powder mix in thirds.
  7. You're ready to pour your mix into the tray, pour it into the centre of the tray and make sure it's level from corner to corner. If it isn't just drop the tray from a small height to even it out. Then put it in the oven for roughly half an hour.
  8. Leave the brownies to cool on a cooling rack for about an hour, this gives it time to firm up. Then cut up and enjoy like a boss.
  9. Thank me later.
I would like to try this, but I've been banned from the kitchen, apparently you're meant to "wash up" what you use...

Oh and you can get creme eggs all year, shops just stock more and display them more noticeably in the run up to easter.
Jobud
Rep:
?
(Original post by jimcatinnes)
I would like to try this, but I've been banned from the kitchen, apparently you're meant to "wash up" what you use...

Oh and you can get creme eggs all year, shops just stock more and display them more noticeably in the run up to easter.
Haha yeah, it's the same in my house :rolleyes: I make so much mess when I cook.

And really? The shops I usually go to don't stock them all year, but I rarely go to supermarkets unless I need to, so they might be hiding in there somewhere I guess I'll look harder when I do my shopping aha.
diamonddust
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
They sound GOOD. Shame I'm a ******* vegan.... :eek3: :sad:
Might make them anyway and give them to my chocolate loving little brother! I'm a good big sister...
Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by diamonddust)
Might make them anyway and give them to my chocolate loving little brother! I'm a good big sister...
Are you sure you can do that without having even a nibble?
PurpleNinja
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jobud)
Hey, I'm glad you like them. Yeah in hindsight I shudda put down the measurements, if you want to know my pan was rectangular and 12 by 8 inches (and about an inch deep), this would have helped a lot I imagine aha, but I guess they still turned out ok

I don't have a cooking blog no I don't really cook enough for it, I'm just trying all sorts of interesting foods and recipes before I go to uni so I don't have to live of ready meals and so I can get to know people through cooking etc lol. Nothing says "hello" like a creme egg brownie eh? It's nice to know someone would follow it if I did though
Lol, you're probably going to be very popular in university with sweets like that
Nucleolus
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
:coma:
Jobud
Rep:
?
(Original post by diamonddust)
Lol, if only my sister was as nice as you

(Original post by PurpleNinja)
Lol, you're probably going to be very popular in university with sweets like that
That's the idea anyway aha, make sure I make enough for the whole class :s lol

Has anyone else managed to make these?
Dalimyr
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
(Original post by Jobud)
Has anyone else managed to make these?
:itsme:
Mine didn't come out perfectly, but that might have been more an error on my part - I think I put them in at gas mark 4 (which would be roughly 180C) rather than at a slightly lower temperature. End result was that most of the ones around the edges were burnt, but surprisingly still nice (the ones that were slightly burnt but not totally black were rather chewy but still tasted chocolatey)
karateworm
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
OP is a beautiful, beautiful individual.
bambipoppins
Rep:
?
Report 8 years ago
That's amazing!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (211)
39.59%
No - but I will (35)
6.57%
No - I don't want to (36)
6.75%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (251)
47.09%

Watched Threads