Turn on thread page Beta

Why?? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by *Mikada*)
    Do you ever question why you do things? What it is that makes you get up in the morning, besides necessity or obligation? Why are we here and is not everything in vain at the end of the day?
    I don't understand if people know what they what in a very specific way or if they simply live the day without questionning what we are here for...
    Nope.

ReputationRep:
    Because I'm ginger :ninja:

ReputationRep:
    Evolution- you exist to continue existing as a species. You survive, pass on your genes, jobs a good'un. really nothing more to it than that.

ReputationRep:
    Why am I questioning why I do things?

ReputationRep:
    Yes, but still aren't we living a pretence? How can you do something without knowing why?
    The 'why' is often superfluous to the outcome - Just because I don't know the exact reason why a car needs fuel doesn't mean that it won't work when I fill it with petrol... If I had a car that is. A lack of understanding as to our purpose does not make what we do any less real. That's not to say that we shouldn't strive for answers; asking why is a very human trait. :holmes:

ReputationRep:
    There isn't really a logical meaning to life. Just remember when it comes down to it you're just an animal so just follow your instincts.

I like to think of life as like a computer game. The point of which is to have the most amazing adventure you can. If you were playing a computer game called LIFE would you make your character go to work 9-5 everyday? Maybe some people would actually.

ReputationRep:
    Do you ever question why you do things? What it is that makes you get up in the morning, besides necessity or obligation? Why are we here and is not everything in vain at the end of the day?
    I don't understand if people know what they what in a very specific way or if they simply live the day without questionning what we are here for...
    Because if I, for one, will eventually get really REALLY bored of just lying in bed and staring at the ceiling.

Believe me, I've tried.

ReputationRep:
    Le pourquoi s'eleve!

ReputationRep:
    There is no physical reason to life. After all, we are just a jumble of millions of atoms.

However, to explain the why question, we need to think about a much larger metaphysical scale. Our concious is only doing what it sees fit to survive. It is trying to gather information on how it best fits in to society and how it can achieve the maximum benefits of that society.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheAngoose)
    Le pourquoi s'eleve!
    Le manque de reponses aussi...

Poll
Do you like exams?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.