Management consultancy. How to make it to the top? Watch

Ilustrius
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smtn)
You're trying to argue about something I never said. I never stated he should look at Aston for a masters, nor did I say they achieved top city jobs reliably and I certainly didn't associate Aston against LSE or Oxbridge. What I did say, it that I went to a good business school (unlike the OP) and had several other things going for me, yet still didn't attempt to apply to Tier 1 because it was ultimately to pointless. What purpose has trolling and insulting people's universities got, really?

For the record, your friend didn't get in straight from A-levels with BBB, I think you may be confusing that with a combined honours course. And as the OP was referring to the Big 4, then I assure you Aston is very well represented in Management Consulting 2nd tier. Considering you've only been spouting crap on this website for only 1 month, don't have a degree, consulting experience nor seemingly any desire to be constructive then may I suggest again that you politely stop derailing threads.
And you're telling me to stop spouting crap?
Smtn
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pendulum)
Either way, it doesn't matter one bit where you are ranked in the league tables for your subject if the employers relevant to that subject throw your CV in the bin at the first glance.
Thanks for reinforcing my point:

(Original post by Smtn)
'Top' would be strategy consultancies, your original university will mean any application will immediately go in the bin.

/////

I didn't even bother to apply for 'top' (MBB) positions, why not? I'm realistic and know the type of candidates they go after
hgv
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
Hi there

Just to let you know I have ABB at A Level and am on track for a 1st in Geography from Birmingham. Not what you would call 'cream of the crop' and clearly Geography is not business related; yet I am through to the assessment centre stage for both Accenture and Capgemini.

Extracurricular is definately really important.
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nobody was ever denying that 2nd tier is open to most degrees / institution. People are talking about strategy firms, which you would struggle to get to last round with a geography degree from Birmingham
Sports Racer
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hgv)
Hi there

Just to let you know I have ABB at A Level and am through to the assessment centre stage for Accenture
Are you going for a technology role? I thought Accenture had a 340 point requirement for its consulting programme.
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They do
booms
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hgv)
Hi there

Just to let you know I have ABB at A Level and am on track for a 1st in Geography from Birmingham. Not what you would call 'cream of the crop' and clearly Geography is not business related; yet I am through to the assessment centre stage for both Accenture and Capgemini.

Extracurricular is definately really important.
What extracurriculars have you got, if you don't mind me asking?
gCp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
In terms of UCAS points, how do they work it out? I know what each is worth but in Scotland we do highers(a levels) in both 5th and 6th year (5 in 5th and 3 on average in 6th). Do they only take them from 1 year or over both?
Smtn
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gCp)
In terms of UCAS points, how do they work it out? I know what each is worth but in Scotland we do highers(a levels) in both 5th and 6th year (5 in 5th and 3 on average in 6th). Do they only take them from 1 year or over both?
There's usually a faq on their website for conversion problems
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (148)
27.82%
No (384)
72.18%

Watched Threads