Report 7 years ago
/wave

We are out here...
sophisticated
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As others have said, most guys who will "pull" a girl in a club are more or less just looking for sex, and get up to the same tricks every time they're out.

If you want to find someone who isn't just after a one night stand, then look somewhere else. Societies, friends of friends, course mates etc.
newts2k
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Basically, broke up with my boyfriend of a year about 6 months ago, and since then I have had terrible luck with guys; all they seem to want is sex, and then never to speak again.

I don't know whether it's coming to uni, and the uni lifestyle, but yeah. Back before my ex, when I was back home, I didn't have any problem finding guys who were interested. Indeed, my friends even joked that I was going on dates with a different guy each week. I met most/all of these guys on nights out, and that's how I met my ex as well, and it's just always seemed like the best place to find guys.

However since being at uni, I occasionally get with guys when I'm out, and I've had two one night stands. They never want to do so much as speak again, indeed one guy even went as far as deleting me off facebook after he got with me! I don't have any problem pulling on a night out, however anything more than that is just a no-go, for some reason.

I just don't understand, when I see people with boyfriends, I think how the hell did they meet them? I've kinda gathered that guys on nights out just want to "shag a solid 8/10, LAD" but how else are you supposed to meet guys? There aren't that many guys on my course.

And I'm not one of those annoying whiney girls that just "wants a boyfriend NOW". Actually quite the opposite, I'm not even looking for a boyfriend, (though I'm not NOT looking either, if you get me) I just don't understand how I'm supposed to meet someone that I can maybe go on a few dates with, hang out with a bit. Any suggestions?!

p.s. I'm not ugly either, perhaps even quite alright looking! I know I'm not amazing looking or about to become a model but I don't think the problem is in the looks department, tbh.

Get some hobbies, you're not going to meet a man either sitting at home watching reality tv (if thats what you do) or clubbing, of course men at clubs want sex, thats pretty much the point of clubs and the same can be said of some women. I would recommend sport, most men love sport. I know what you mean, I am having trouble meeting women, most of the sports I play, they dont
FormerlyFrisbeeFan
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, I met my husband jointly through being in the same halls and the same sports team.
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, I know. Don't really see your point?
Dont come here talking about being able to pull easily and then have the audacity to say "omfg they dont want to talk to me!", it just makes you look like a sad, desperate girl who has yet to realise what this whole thing is.

You spread your legs way to easily for the first guy to show you attention, he gets his **** wet, splooges a load and he is like "lol thats another one, wait till the lads here bout this", yup, its true, you're just another notch on his bedpost.

Are you feeling cheap yet?

I have no complaints about girls sleeping around, by all means do it reasonably but when I see some of these girls going on about stuff like "god men are such *******s, I had sex with *** and now he doesn't talk to me or notices me".

Why should these guy pay you any more attention? its a buzz to get laid with a stranger. They have 0 respect for you. its all a laugh and they dont give a flying **** about your feelings and tbh, neither would I if you're that nieve.

Welcome to the big, bad ugly worl of men wanting NSA sex with willing girls like yourself.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
You spread your legs way to easily for the first guy to show you attention
That's a bit of a ridiculous thing to say, I go out about 3 times a week yet I've only had two one night stands.

Besides, if you read the OP properly, I do actually say that I have gathered that guys on nights out only seem to want sex. My main question was how else are you supposed to meet guys? Soz if the emphasis of the OP did not portray this, I just went off on one, I guess.

Also, I would like to emphasise that I am not desperate, rather just annoyed that it's so hard to find guys who don;t just want one thing.
OceanInTheSky
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Library
boromir9111
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:rofl:
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
That's a bit of a ridiculous thing to say, I go out about 3 times a week yet I've only had two one night stands.

Besides, if you read the OP properly, I do actually say that I have gathered that guys on nights out only seem to want sex. My main question was how else are you supposed to meet guys? Soz if the emphasis of the OP did not portray this, I just went off on one, I guess.

Also, I would like to emphasise that I am not desperate, rather just annoyed that it's so hard to find guys who don;t just want one thing.

trust me, if those types of guys were to come up to you once a week you're telling me you wouldn't fall for it again?

Ok I am going to do a bit of informing here for you as a woman who has a bit of trouble on nights out.

1: Most men/boys think they are entitled to screw a girl when they go out. yes it is pathetic and yes they feel down and blame the 'club ho's" for their dry spell but the motive still exists.

2:Guys who are out of relationships round about then are looking for a lay and they are usually eager and more sly than men who haven't been laid for a bit. This type of guy acts sincere and you actually believe he will contact you for a date. WRONG!

3:A lot of guys are slobbering, clueless dorks who by chance may get lucky, most times they fall on their face.

if you are looking for a relationship, you should avoid the majority of guys who take an instant interest in you, especially in a club or noisy environment, well hold that, just flat out be less nieve when going out.

What do you think brought you to his attention? Your fine ego-eccentricity?

**** no, he wants to screw you within 2 hours maximum, if he fails to get your interest in 10 seconds or 1 minute he will go elsewhere.
parasitic
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I understand how you feel I'm in a similar situation.
Try going to pubs/nights out where it's much quieter so people can talk to each other. Bars/pubs are ok for that, you tend to meet people there then talk to them until the venue shuts, usually early like 12am unlike nightclubs
Societies too, join a few and see how that goes.
blush.ox
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
trust me, if those types of guys were to come up to you once a week you're telling me you wouldn't fall for it again?

Ok I am going to do a bit of informing here for you as a woman who has a bit of trouble on nights out.

1: Most men/boys think they are entitled to screw a girl when they go out. yes it is pathetic and yes they feel down and blame the 'club ho's" for their dry spell but the motive still exists.

2:Guys who are out of relationships round about then are looking for a lay and they are usually eager and more sly than men who haven't been laid for a bit. This type of guy acts sincere and you actually believe he will contact you for a date. WRONG!

3:A lot of guys are slobbering, clueless dorks who by chance may get lucky, most times they fall on their face.

if you are looking for a relationship, you should avoid the majority of guys who take an instant interest in you, especially in a club or noisy environment, well hold that, just flat out be less nieve when going out.

What do you think brought you to his attention? Your fine ego-eccentricity?

**** no, he wants to screw you within 2 hours maximum, if he fails to get your interest in 10 seconds or 1 minute he will go elsewhere.
lol this is well harsh BUT completely true :lol:
well done on getting it all out there :ninja:
Kittyfluffer
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So the fact I've had two one night stands automatically means I am not a "decent girl"? All my chances of meeting someone have been ruined?

But where? As I've said there aren't really that many guys on my course, 80% of the guys at my halls are massive rahs, plus I'm wary about that after getting with a guy from halls ( who is the one who deleted me off facebook) which was VERY awkward for ages after. If I see a attractive guy when I'm out shopping etc I can hardly bounce on over and introduce myself can I? Just seems that the only place to meet guys is whilst out, yet they're all dicks?!
Why can't you introduce yourself to guy's you meet in other places? Low self confidence?
You never get what you want out of a guy by giving him what he wants too soon..
Get on with enjoying your life, and the right guy'll come along, if it's meant to be.x
RequiemForADream
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Try places other than clubs? We are out there...lurking...watching...wai ting...
TheRealDarthVader
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's tons of guys on the Death Star.
Coke Or Pepsi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pedrobear)
You put out for people you've known for one night. You are not a "decent girl", ergo why do you think you're fitted to a "decent guy"? Sozzles. Enjoy DA LADZ at DA CLUB.

real talk
Precisely.

Don't put out so easily. Maybe that's the issue...

You don't HAVE to go clubbing to meet someone. Tbh what else do you expect if you meet guys at clubs who are really looking to pull...

It's called clubs and societies and hobbies
SayonaraSamm
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Economister)
*wine
*possibly

Please, do us all a favour and learn to spell and use grammer before contaminating TSR with your foul use of the English language.
Doing this too often.
Obvious troll is obvious.
Cheesecakefactory
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by HannahJ95)
I'm 16 and most boys I know just want sex.. If anyone out there is decend feel free to message xD
I'd message you but I just want sex. :sexface:
sunflower404
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
Just the kind of guy you go for maybe... I'm sure theres boys in the club looking for a relationship too.

Mod Edit: As this thread is over a year old I'm going to close it now. Please do not bump old threads.
GingerJoe
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 6 years ago
So you want a decent guy?

Clubs at Uni are not where you meet 'decent' people, they are full of the typical red blooded highly intoxicated LAD type people.

Join some clubs and societies at Uni, be friendly but don't friendzone people.

Also don't give it away so easily.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (60)
30.3%
No - I got the required grades (115)
58.08%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (23)
11.62%

Watched Threads