Slower than 35 (12)
11.32%
Potiron
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SummerSofas)
how many of you pansy boy runners can bench 100kg hmm?
I reckon the guy who ran away from the sabre toothed tiger survived longer than the caveman that tried to bench it.

I ticked slower than 35 because I've never tried but I imagine it would take me hours.
SummerSofas
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
just ran 5.15k in 26:14
Eat.Sleep.Row.Repeat.
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Does rowing count? :P I can row 5k in about 19 minutes! I don't know how that is comparible
addylad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MHorman)
Nice one. You're winning from TSR so far...

Although when i did a search there was a thread from like 3 yearsa ago with no poll and a few people claimed to have sub 20 minute 5 k times...
Also depends on the anaerobic threshold, not critical though. And interval work ftw.

I went through the first 5k of a 9.4k race in approx. 17:50. Not sure if that counts. :p: Never ran a 5k competitively.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by addylad)
Also depends on the anaerobic threshold, not critical though. And interval work ftw.

I went through the first 5k of a 9.4k race in approx. 17:50. Not sure if that counts. :p: Never ran a 5k competitively.
Yea, if anything it's more impressive as you couldn probably go faster if you didn't have to run another 4.4k afterwards.

You should go for a 5k time. See if you have a local parkrun. It costs nothing. You just register online then turn up with your barcode...
addylad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yea, if anything it's more impressive as you couldn probably go faster if you didn't have to run another 4.4k afterwards.

You should go for a 5k time. See if you have a local parkrun. It costs nothing. You just register online then turn up with your barcode...
Think my nearest one is Manchester, unfortunately. There are a few 5k's coming up I believe. But my priority is 800/1500/3000m this season. Are you looking to do some of the faster stuff, or aiming to improve your 5k?
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Think my nearest one is Manchester, unfortunately. There are a few 5k's coming up I believe. But my priority is 800/1500/3000m this season. Are you looking to do some of the faster stuff, or aiming to improve your 5k?
Improve my 5k mainly. Maybe even hit up the odd 10k when ones appear.
addylad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Improve my 5k mainly. Maybe even hit up the odd 10k when ones appear.
Good stuff. Are you currently doing interval work and long runs?
SAK.A
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
19:23.

This was a couple of weeks ago.
SummerSofas
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If he can run it in 14 minutes then he must be amazingly fit. The winning time at my 5k was like 16:45 i think. That's nothing to be peeved off about...

Being beaten by several people in their 60s/70s when i'm suppose to be a young fit 19 yr old is a LOT more embaressing...

What are his half marathon and marathon times? They must be impressive...

And summersofas, just because you're too fat to waddle around a 5k in a decent time doesn't mean you can resort to your 1 good lift as a defense mechanism... Work on your running and improve it...
I have 2 impressive lifts (my OHP and Bench)

just ran 5.15k in 26:14, not bad for a 15 stone man
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
Good stuff. Are you currently doing interval work and long runs?
I'm trying but am focusing on weightlifting for the last few months so running has taken a back seat...

Am going to be on a forced break on weightlifiting when i go back to devon next week and the nearest gym with squat rack/bench is 10+ miles away and only transport is a bicycle unless i wanna pay a few hundred to unsire the motorbike...

Will try and get out for a few runs of about 10k to build up a decent base and have a few interval sessions as well so i cane come back and enter another 5k in like 4 weeks time and kick my current time's ass...
Matt2202
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Only ever done 5ks in sprint triathlons, so off the back of swim and bike. Fastest i've done for the 5k in a tri is 20.15, but reckon i could easily go sub 20 on a standalone 5k.
a_t
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Last time I did steady state, few months ago, it was around 25 mins, don't do steady state anymore, I'm a lot fitter though....
Serentonin
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
17.45 as a PB before I got hit by a car about 2 months ago. Went for a run again today to see how much i've lost in speed and can still manage an 18 minute 5k.

It helps to be skinny as **** for this haha.
Motorbiker
Rep:
?
(Original post by Serentonin)
17.45 as a PB before I got hit by a car about 2 months ago. Went for a run again today to see how much i've lost in speed and can still manage an 18 minute 5k.

It helps to be skinny as **** for this haha.
Impressive stuff.

Kicking ass as the fastest girl on TSR and iirc your lifts are up there with the best from the girls on TSR as well, And at something crazy like 48kg(i don't stalk i just spend too much time on here lately)... Honest...

Also, how does everyone judge distance/time for their runs?
Smart phone GPS apps? Proper races only? Or just deccent guesses?
T-Hill
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Never been timed properly, but it's definately under 19 minutes!
addylad
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Impressive stuff.

Kicking ass as the fastest girl on TSR and iirc your lifts are up there with the best from the girls on TSR as well, And at something crazy like 48kg(i don't stalk i just spend too much time on here lately)... Honest...

Also, how does everyone judge distance/time for their runs?
Smart phone GPS apps? Proper races only? Or just deccent guesses?
With this beast.
Billa Bong
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
never timed myself but i think its around the 20min mark...i'll time it next time i run and do the poll then
iainthegreat
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well you may be strong, but we can outrun you if you try to get us!

As for my time, I don't have a clue. I ran a marathon last weekend so haven't been doing 5k speed runs for a while. I'd estimate at around 20-23 mins, very rough estimate though...
Slumpy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I can outdeadlift you, am I more beastly yet?
X

Reply to thread

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you like exams?

Yes (133)
18.4%
No (439)
60.72%
Not really bothered about them (151)
20.89%

Watched Threads