Turn on thread page Beta

Unemployable... watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    Don't be stupid. It's the "Grammar Gestapo". Alliteration, duh.
    Ah, you got me.

(+rep I lol'd)

ReputationRep:
    I'm pretty sure Marcus Fox was the name of the now-deceased Tory MP for my home constituency in the late 1990s....

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory :))
    He's just upset because you're styling on him.
    Why would I get upset about something rather stupid.

ReputationRep:
    Even people who cannot spell can get jobs. Often it's who you know, not what you know.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Martyn*)
    Even people who cannot spell can get jobs. Often it's who you know, not what you know.
    This exactly.

I've been looking for jobs for ages and kept losing out to backdoor entries.

I went into a shop that much I got to know the manager and became that backdoor entry, didn't even have an interview.

(Now holding down 3 jobs and a fourth in holiday time).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MathematicsKiller)
    Don't be stupid. It's the "Grammar Gestapo". Alliteration, duh.
    How about the Semantics Stasi?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Agenda Suicide)
    This exactly.

I went into a shop that much I got to know the manager and became that backdoor entry, didn't even have an interview.

Backdoor entry... I lol'ed

ReputationRep:
    This exactly.

Yep. From what I have learnt over the years, when it comes to jobs like supermarkets, chainstores, high street stores, pubs, bars, factories, etc, etc, the employer is looking for someone who is reliable and who comes across as decent. Since the employer doesn't know who he's getting at the interview, there's a chance that he or she is looking for someone who is approachable, well mannered, articulate etc, and not whether they know the difference between "your" and "you're".

ReputationRep:
    This exactly.

Poor choice of words.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mc1000)
    I'm pretty sure Marcus Fox was the name of the now-deceased Tory MP for my home constituency in the late 1990s....
    Shipley, yes. I occasionally get comments from Yorkshire folks when they hear my name...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFsucks)
    Why would I get upset about something rather stupid.
    That's for you to answer, hater.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Rory :))
    That's for you to answer, hater.
    why hate?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tface)
    Is this some kind of grammar nazi society? Yeah the guy with the sign is probably an idiot but that doesn't mean he shouldn't get a job. Yes it is fine to mock people about grammar on internet forums because it doesn't exactly hurt anyone! But people need to chill here, calling each other idiots etc.
    Haha welcome to TSR (though I do realise you're not new here)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SFsucks)
    why hate?
    Why not?

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.