Turn on thread page Beta

Have you ever met someone on public transport? watch

ReputationRep:
    I met my dad on public transport.

ReputationRep:
    This black man once told me off for staring at him on the bus.

I was honestly only daydreaming in his direction, then BAM, all of a sudden he's in my face saying angry black man stuff and I'm like oh Jesus he's really black, I'm probably going to die now, but it was cool in the end, I'm not sure what I said but he laughed and stuff.

Now there's this uneasy truce between us but I'm still to scared to sit on the back row of the bus, that's where he sits because he's a real badman .

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
    No, never. It's socially unacceptable and creepy.

Edit: Ok, maybe once to ask the time or something or a random passing comment, but nothing more.
    that frog is AWESOME

on topic, I've never heard more anti-social behaviour, and round here ASBOs are a dime a dozen! what happened to the friendly bus Brits?

ReputationRep:
    Every now and then you get the annoying chav with a cap perched on his head who gives a cheeky little wink and a creeper stare.
    I feel like smacking them across the head with my umbrella.

ReputationRep:
    I meetz baaare pplz on busez daily :gangster:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletMoon)
    I met my dad on public transport.
    Didn't realise they had automobiles in Norfolk.

ReputationRep:
    a couple of times: once i was reading through some lecture notes and some australian guys were on the same carriage and one of them "accidently" nudged me and his friend made him appologise and then we got talking until i got off. second time was kinda similar only they were irish.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by sr90)
    I never initiate conversation with strangers on public transport, the only time i've ever done this was when we were sitting behind a well known ex professional footballer on the way back from an England friendly. If he was an average bloke i'd probably have left him alone.
    Was it Chris Kamara? :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by buzzcat)
    Didn't realise they had automobiles in Norfolk.
    Ew why would I be from Norfolk?

ReputationRep:
    I've chatted to a few people on public transport and exchanged contact details, not in a fanciable way though, just because we started chatting and found we had something in common and had a good conversation. I LOVE random convos so as long as you weren't a bit of a dodgy weirdo I'd be glad!

ReputationRep:
    On public transport i only get the old men that strike up conversation, they're lovely
    Not public transport but i walk to college everyday and there's about 5 people i pass on the way who all say good morning and stirke up a very quick conversation, i live in a pretty crap area so it's nice to get the occasionaly nice randomers

ReputationRep:
    One time I was on the (very packed) bus and some old guy sat next to me and asked me how old I was (I was 17) and then he said "we can't get married then" and then he went on to say, "I shouldn't be talking to you" :eek:

:facepalm:

ReputationRep:
    People have started talking to me on the bus before - I don't ignore them or anything but I just find it awkward as my bus is really quiet and everyone turns round/listens to your conversation
    But I've had a few drunken conversations too

ReputationRep:
    I met one of my friends on the train, we spoke on fb and met up properly, hard to believe the convo starter was about a podcast

ReputationRep:
    I've had weird men approach me which isn't nice but I also made friends with a girl on a megabus journey when our coach was delayed for 3 hours because of snow. And we're still in touch now! So public transport isn't always full of creeps.

ReputationRep:
    A small child decided I was some kind of bus God and asked me where the bus was every 10 seconds at a bus stop once...
    And a random old lady on a bus once told me I had beautifully coloured hair.

ReputationRep:
    Old people always talk to me on public transport. That is why I always try and get a seat as near the back as possible.
    • TSR Support Team

ReputationRep:
    TSR Support Team
    (Original post by Barden)
    Was it Chris Kamara? :awesome:
    Nope, would love to meet him though. I'd probably shout 'UNBELIEVABLE JEFF' at the top of my voice.

ReputationRep:
    I've never spoken to a stranger on the train unless it's to wake them up when I've heard them state their destination when buying a ticket and they've fallen asleep.
    And nobody has ever spoken to me.
    The joys of headphones.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by CrazyLlama)
    Well I was on this bus one time, and a fat 16yo girl came and sat in the seat in front of me. She was a bit chavvy and after a while she said "I am not going to bite you" in an attempt to get a conversation going. My stop came 30 seconds after this and I ignored her until the end:creep:

I don't want to have a child and become one of those chavvy teen parents who spend all day at train stations with prams, smoking. :grr:
    I couldn't agree more; it's painful enough just seeing people like that.

(Original post by nuttygirl)
    No, never. I'm always the only person on the bus. :sad:

No. Creepy old people sometimes try and talk to me, but that's about it. Why, do you have a story you want to tell?
    Be glad! One time I was on the bus when some teenage children decided to start making some form of music video! :facepalm:

Needless to say, I felt like dying. :dry:

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 31, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.