PRTC help please Watch

currtbenton
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi Kelvin,

I dont know if this will help you or not but it is a booklet I found on the internet!

http://www.raf.mod.uk/careers/getfit...anairwoman.pdf

I was just wondering how long it has took from applying to getting to where you are now? I applied about 2 weeks so I am just curious
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Ahh you see I'm a special case, I didn't have to do my AST as I dis it last year, but from memory last year I had my interview about 2 weeks later, but this time... I registered my interest of joining as a chef mid December, around Jan 2nd my trade opened, 9 days after that I got a call from my new afco who was going to book me in for my Ast and f2 presentation, which I didn't have to do, so he sent out the forms for extra information, which you should receive?

I believe them forms got "lost" (always had problems with my "on her majestys service" letters) in the post, so I went to the careers office to fill them out (in a suit, as even not in a interview your still being judged) that day Feb 8th, I arranged for my interview...

I had my interview on the Feb 17th and passed

The day after I got a call from my afco saying he can get my medical done march 2nd

I got a call saying my train tickets have arrived at the afco (post again, everything for my is pick up or email), and he gave me my preliminary prtc and entry dates, they need chefs apparently

I passed my medical on the 2nd

You now have to do your pt test within 72 hours, so I did that on the Saturday 5th because it was the only day I could do in the 3 days

So to today you say its been 3 months, or in my opinion, a month today, its been quite fast, I'm just stuck until the afco receive my medical papers which I hope will be sorted by the end of the week, so I can do my prtc next week,

But as my afco said today, how long is a piece of string, it took my mate a year after his AST, to do his interview as his trade was closed

Regards
Kelvin
stereostar
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chef-for-raf)
Ahh thanks c_odee that's actually reassuring is anyone else due to go to PRTC next Thursday?

Kelvin
Hi Kelvin

I was given a provisional date of 24/25th for PRTC. Just passed my PJFT this morning, so hopefully get confirmation of attending PRTC next Thursday sometime soon...
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Ah cool, hopefully ill see you there

Kelvin
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Only 2 things to say right now,

1. I just found out I make an amazing triple chocolate cake with chocolate sauce,

2. I'll see you next Thursday Inch High DI, and hopefully you too stereoatar, got of confirmed about 30 minutes ago woo

Regards, Kelvin
Halfmanhalfbiscuit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hope you do not mind me asking.
But my daughter has just passed her PJFT for the RAF (passed on 11th March).
Does anone have a clue how long she may have to wait for information on the PRTC?
Thanks in advance.
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Apparently it depends on trade, but I'm sure someone will say it so ill get there first, how long a peace of string... I did my pjft on the 5th of march, I'm going next Thursday, so for me just over 2 weeks, wish her good luck

Kelvin.
Halfmanhalfbiscuit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Thanks Kelvin.
Her trade is personell support.
wly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Halfmanhalfbiscuit)
Hope you do not mind me asking.
But my daughter has just passed her PJFT for the RAF (passed on 11th March).
Does anone have a clue how long she may have to wait for information on the PRTC?
Thanks in advance.
It does depend on the trade but you wont know until you get the dates. Some people pass the PJFT and have to be at PRTC the next week, some people are waiting several months.

Even still when you get the dates, they are know to be moved around.
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Hey guys any last minute advice for PRTC tomorrow, I'm really nervous

Regards, Kelvin
wly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hey guys any last minute advice for PRTC tomorrow, I'm really nervous

Regards, Kelvin
1. Don't be late
2. Do what your told to the letter
3. Don't mess about in the Gym - the PTI's spare no mercy
4. Look keen
5. Enjoy it
6.Pass the fitty test - They give you sandwiches and fruit when you arrive as a sort of lunch, but don't stuff yourself as you will be doing the fitness test straight after, so dont be sick

Best of luck
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Thanks wly, the fundamentals then... just nervous now, but I can't wait lol

Kelvin
nag1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So,chef-for-raf,how did you find it?I take it you passed?
wly
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by nag1)
So,chef-for-raf,how did you find it?I take it you passed?
He'll be in bed knackered at the moment,
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
Hey guys unfortunately I failed, long story short I did something wrong which slowed me down and I couldn't catch back up with the beeps (i got 9.6) , but no excuses eh... they're not needed... but as it says in finley gym, you don't fail until you quit, and I haven't quit yet, roll on Sept 24th, application is going straight back in.

Regards
Kelvin
seanrw
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Unlucky mate. Did many fail? When I did it in feb u had to get to 8.6 but they ran us to 9.10 and a lot didn't make it to 9.10. I did because I'd been practicing in b and q car park so I knew I had a fair bit left in me and knew how to not waste energy racing to the line unlike the guy next to me who kept racing to the line and had to stop just after 9 while I knew I had a lot left so sprinted level 9
Halfmanhalfbiscuit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hear that Chef.
What do girls have to run to?
chef-for-raf
Rep:
?
There was 10 of us who didn't pass, a few for stupid reasons...
I could have passed, I should have passed, I'm just sucking it up and I'm gunna use the 6 month to improve my gsk and im gunna get as fit as humanly possible,

Halfmamhalfbiscuit, Im at work and I can't be 100% sure, but I believe its 7.2 for a 19-29 year old,

Rehatda,
Kelvin
Inch High DI
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There was 10 of us who didn't pass, a few for stupid reasons...
I could have passed, I should have passed, I'm just sucking it up and I'm gunna use the 6 month to improve my gsk and im gunna get as fit as humanly possible,

Halfmamhalfbiscuit, Im at work and I can't be 100% sure, but I believe its 7.2 for a 19-29 year old,

Rehatda,
Kelvin
'A few for stupid reasons' ...... you fail because you dont achieve the required standard using the techniques told and demonstrated to you. The RAF is:
1. The best Air Force in the world
2. A fit and robust fighting organisation
3. Who will only employ people who are fit and capable of following instructions

So a warning to all who read this, you must be fit to pass the required standards at PRTC, you must do it as you are told.....no exceptions. Everything we do on PRTC and RTS is for a reason, it may seem stupid to some people, but when these things could save your life or that of the people your working with, they dont seem stupid.

So fail to prepare means your preparing to fail
nag1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sorry to hear you failed chef for raf,but how did you mess up?they don't exactly make it difficult,run between 2 lines to a beep sound.

Was it just the running you didn't do?how were your press ups and sit ups?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Are you chained to your phone?

Yes (68)
19.43%
Yes, but I'm trying to cut back (144)
41.14%
Nope, not that interesting (138)
39.43%

Watched Threads