Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ColonelMoore)
    This thread is vile. Y'all need a rethink on life.

If the **** hits the fan in life, im sure Blakesley the androgynous hippy will protect you.
    Thanks

You can easily find one, just follow the BBO

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joinedup)
    But are you doing anything to meet these ideal guys or just daydreaming your life away?
    Daydreaming mostly... but if you look too hard you don't find

ReputationRep:
    I love how much hatred of hippies there is going on here! Honestly, just because there is a life beyond wanting to get into investment banking...

I would imagine that these sorts of people are out there somewhere. I doubt that they're on internet forums particularly, but if you go to a place that's 'known' for such types of people and make it obvious what you're like, you're likely to find one.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Tootles)
    You sound like you know what you're looking for

If I was still bothering myself to look, I'd be looking for a girl who likes all kinds of music (especially classical, jazz, blues, &c), likes to have proper debates about God (I'm a Christian - my social downfall), religion in general, sciences, philosophy, whatever, and who doesn't mind that I might sometimes rant on about whatever I'm thinking about (because that helps me straighten out my mind).

And I'm neither beautiful nor a hippy, but good luck with your search
    Thank you... yes knowing what I want may be my downfall haha
    Nice to know some people understand.
    Lovely to see you know what you want too

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kerily)
    I love how much hatred of hippies there is going on here! Honestly, just because there is a life beyond wanting to get into investment banking...

I would imagine that these sorts of people are out there somewhere. I doubt that they're on internet forums particularly, but if you go to a place that's 'known' for such types of people and make it obvious what you're like, you're likely to find one.
    Yes, I am not using this to 'find' someone I was only joking about that but I wanted to see if people have the same view as I do

ReputationRep:
    This thread is vile. Y'all need a rethink on life.

If the **** hits the fan in life, im sure Blakesley the androgynous hippy will protect you.
    Just because they arent naturally aggressive and stupidly over macho all the time does not mean they can't defend themselves or anyone else if needed.

One of my hippy exes was 6ft 3 and built like a brick **** house, but he was incredibly gentle and bohemian in temperament, style (long hair etc) and tastes. However, I know that if anyone tried anything with me, he was more than equipped to 'deal' with them.

Hippy does not mean wuss.....

And also, not all women appreciate being seen as weak and needing protection. Some of us just want to be equals in a relationship and have the openminded-ness to see the world in different ways.

(Original post by DaniiDean)
    Thank you... yes knowing what I want may be my downfall haha
    Nice to know some people understand.
    Lovely to see you know what you want too
    Heh heh, definitely mine - because I don't enter into a relationship with every girl I find attractive, I haven't ever entered into a relationship. So you might have to learn to be pragmatic

ReputationRep:

ReputationRep:
    Get yourself to Shoreditch. It's the height of fashion for today's most discerning pretentious ****er.

ReputationRep:
    Hippy guys? No thanks. :yucky:

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had a boyfriend for at least 3 years now.
    I have such a idealistic view on te man I wish for. I am a hopeless romantic.
    The guys I seem to meet or come across are 'pretty boys' and 'chavs'... no offence but all they want to do is get into my knickers but I would like to meet a nice guy who enjoys the simple things in life like incense sticks, nature, Jimi Hendrix and a good cup of tea

Do you have a ideal view on your perfect partner?
    Have you ever met anyone who comes close to your ideal partner?
    Are you a beautiful hippy man? haha
    :love:

The day when I meet a girl who's interested in all these things in real life will be the happiest day of my life.
    Everyone knows girls like you don't exist. And when you do, you're engaged with...philistines.

Truth is I probably have met you, but you are as elusive as a will o wisp.
    Nothing to do with being a social pariah on my part.

also discard the term hippy.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    Just because they arent naturally aggressive and stupidly over macho all the time does not mean they can't defend themselves or anyone else if needed.

One of my hippy exes was 6ft 3 and built like a brick **** house, but he was incredibly gentle and bohemian in temperament, style (long hair etc) and tastes. However, I know that if anyone tried anything with me, he was more than equipped to 'deal' with them.

Hippy does not mean wuss.....

And also, not all women appreciate being seen as weak and needing protection. Some of us just want to be equals in a relationship and have the openminded-ness to see the world in different ways.
    he might have been built like this, or however tall you please, but ill bet hes still the kind of pussy that would freeze up in a fight, proclaim he could never kill, and faint at the sight of blood.

Homo.

EDIT: Oh, and hes probably a Quorn eating veggie bell end as well

ReputationRep:
    he might have been built like this, or however tall you please, but ill bet hes still the kind of pussy that would freeze up in a fight, proclaim he could never kill, and faint at the sight of blood.

Homo.EDIT: Oh, and hes probably a Quorn eating veggie bell end as well
    Precisely the reason I find rude boy/macho men a turn off.

Insensitive and coming across almost bigoted with that sort of language. Nah I'd rather date someone who was all embracing and 'homo' thanks rather than a brute.

Nothing wrong with being a veggie (he wasnt but hey). I was one for a while. Vegetarians tend to be much more imaginative cooks than bog standard meat and 2 veg people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by channy)
    Everyone knows girls like you don't exist. And when you do, you're engaged with...philistines.

Truth is I probably have met you, but you are as elusive as a will o wisp.
    Nothing to do with being a social pariah on my part.

also discard the term hippy.
    I'm here, I'm real, and I'm sat drinking herbal tea and listening to Highway 61 Revisited with my oil burner going in the background. (I have also just realised how much of a hipster I am. Oh dear.)

The sad fact of the matter is, I actually am. No wonder my weekends consist of TSR and tumblr :awesome:

ReputationRep:
    I'm here, I'm real, and I'm sat drinking herbal tea and listening to Highway 61 Revisited with my oil burner going in the background. (I have also just realised how much of a hipster I am. Oh dear.)

The sad fact of the matter is, I actually am. No wonder my weekends consist of TSR and tumblr :awesome:
    You sound very cool. I love herbal tea and listening to ambient dance music/acid jazz and spend a lot of time finding different ways of cooking weird things in my slow cooker. Rock and Roll!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Eveiebaby)
    You sound very cool. I love herbal tea and listening to ambient dance music/acid jazz and spend a lot of time finding different ways of cooking weird things in my slow cooker. Rock and Roll!
    We are obviously displaced children of the 60s. Or just really pretentious

I listen to a lot of rock/folk/punk music, or any combination of these adjectives. I'm also slightly in love with David Bowie and John Lennon. But I don't yet smoke dope or live in Shoreditch, so I may be capable of redemption...

ReputationRep:
    You guys are amazing

ReputationRep:
    I haven't had a boyfriend for at least 3 years now.
    I have such a idealistic view on te man I wish for. I am a hopeless romantic.
    The guys I seem to meet or come across are 'pretty boys' and 'chavs'... no offence but all they want to do is get into my knickers but I would like to meet a nice guy who enjoys the simple things in life like incense sticks, nature, Jimi Hendrix and a good cup of tea

Do you have a ideal view on your perfect partner?
    Have you ever met anyone who comes close to your ideal partner?
    Are you a beautiful hippy man? haha
    Oh that man would be a dream. :coma: I've yet to come across one though.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MrsCrackFox)
    Oh that man would be a dream. :coma: I've yet to come across one though.
    Dreams Dreams Dreams zzzzzZZZZZZ

Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.