Turn on thread page Beta

Strange thing happened in work today... watch

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    I'm on my phone using swype text, cut me some slack *****.
    lol chillll

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by DeputyDog)
    You do realise that by telling people this stuff on an open forum, you're giving people even MORE info about yourself, where you live, work etc., right?

It could've just been one of those 'mystery shopper' people, perhaps?

Can't you ask your boss to rewind the CCTV tape back to the time he came into the shop and then you can see if you recognise him? That's what I'd do if I was in your situation.
    yeah but that information was vague enough for me.
    nah, he walked in, asked about me, walked out...
    thats a bit tedious just to find out who some guy was.
    my boss was there when i told some people so maybe he'll have a swatch.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 786girl)
    lol chillll
    That is me chilled, it's only cause I didn't put an emoticon or write "lol" you took it serious.

ReputationRep:
    That's...cause for concern. I think you should review the CCTV as the post above me said, if you recognise them it's fine but if not, well without trying to be over paranoid you should be a bit more aware of what you put on the internet.

Just to put it in perspective I know people going to Glasgow Uni on your intake and one of them does economics, so could probably find you with a quick facebook search since between the 3 Scottish cities if you're in uni it seems to be the general rule thay you WILL have at least 1 or 2 friends in common. Maybe you should edit down your TSR profile :/ (great...now I sound like I'm the one who came in asking for you...)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Shuvel)
    That's...cause for concern. I think you should review the CCTV as the post above me said, if you recognise them it's fine but if not, well without trying to be over paranoid you should be a bit more aware of what you put on the internet.

Just to put it in perspective I know people going to Glasgow Uni on your intake and one of them does economics, so could probably find you with a quick facebook search since between the 3 Scottish cities if you're in uni it seems to be the general rule thay you WILL have at least 1 or 2 friends in common. Maybe you should edit down your TSR profile :/ (great...now I sound like I'm the one who came in asking for you...)
    ok i'll take out some of the details.
    just curious though, who do you know who does economics? :P

ReputationRep:
    RUN.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xStaceyy)
    ok i'll take out some of the details.
    just curious though, who do you know who does economics? :P
    That sounds really creepy You need to watch your back, try not to walk around alone too much.

ReputationRep:
    My co-worker was approached today by a guy who asked him if I worked there, using my full name.
    When he was told that I did work there he just went 'Cool.' and walked straight out the door again...
    I have no idea who it was and even from a description I don't think I know him.
    Now it's going around my work that I have a stalker haha.
    Weird right?
    Anyone else had similar experiences?
    Have you checked your privacy settings on facebook? Just a suggestion.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hippieglitter)
    Have you checked your privacy settings on facebook? Just a suggestion.
    yea its private and has been for a while :/
    can people still read your about me box if your profile is private?

ReputationRep:
    yea its private and has been for a while :/
    can people still read your about me box if your profile is private?
    depends on your settings .. but people who are not friends with you at all could still view messages of you that you post on other peoples facebook or pictures that you are tagged in..

ReputationRep:
    Facebook stalker!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: March 14, 2011
Poll
Were you ever put in isolation at school?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.