it's salad bar sexism :mad:

but as long as the clubs are filled with hot women, i don't care
Anatheme
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SEljamel)
Sounds like paedophilia and sounds like it should be reported. This is a very serious issue and if you see it going on, you should very much consider letting any child protection organisation within your country, or the police, know about what's happening.

I'm not aware of the laws in France but underage drinking and underage clubbing is a very prevalent issue and the more it goes on with establishments that permit it remaining in business, the more young people unknowingly become victims of abuse... or become perpetrators themselves.

Studies have shown very visible links between drinking behaviour and youths committing offences. Similarly, it has been shown that deviant youth behaviour in regards to alcohol and drug abuse is strongly correlated to developing mental health problems (eg. depression, schizophrenia) in later life.
There's no difference. Underage drinking is prohibited, and everyone gets IDed when getting into a club in France. The only reason people manage to get it without their real ID is because we're given a student card that we can fill in ourselves. The thing is, we don't get those before we're 16, so it's very unlikely that 14 years old actually get into clubs in France, it was just an exaggeration from the OP. That said, we're not as big on the clubbing thing as you are in England, we generally go to bars and change bars once or twice a night depending on who's where. It's a lot easier to get alcohol as they don't always ID everyone, but it also tends to be quieter nights than nights out in England.
leemyster
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by rooney1000)
Ok, the other thread got me thinking I want to create a proper discussion on how girls have the upper hand.

For example, suppose a 14 year old girl went out to a club but didn't have ID, but she looked really hot and was wearing a low cut top, the bouncer would check her out, and let her in.
If it was a guy, he wouldn't get let in.

Also something else ridiculous, there is a nightclub near me, where on Saturday,
girls pay nothing, and guys pay €20 for entry. And girls get free champagne all night.

WHY why why??? This is a serious question, why do this for girls, and not guys?
How unfair is it to give up €20 when a girl can get in for free.

This is in France but I know there are very very similar circumstances in England.
It's all business.

They let girls in for free because it will attract girls to go there. Rather than a group of girls just hanging out or w/e they will see it's free entry so they'll say "we might as well go, we get free champagne and we can have a laugh", girls dont really make much money for clubs anyway.

When theres loads of girls in a club guys want to go because they want to go to a place with lots of girls, increases your chances. Also, when a guy see's that it's 'girls free' they'll subtly think "god, that place will be loaded with girls" so when he and his mates are deciding where there going tonight (thus what business is going to get their money) they'll go "oh, thats place girls goes free, its gonna be loaded!"

If guys think they've got a god chance of getting some at these 'girls go free' clubs they'll be perpared to pay higher. From the sound of it either that must be a great club roughly £13 is quite hefty. But anyway, if guys think there more likely to get 'lucky' then they'll pay mor as they've got this idea in their minds that girls will be there.

Also, by doing an offer like this the clubs can make sure there will be always girls through the door. Just imagine a club only full of guys? Pretty **** right? That place will thus get a bad reputation VERY QUICKLY.

Well about your suppose idea of 14 year old girl being let in and not a boy with a 14 year old I guess they could say that she had a fake ID as girls can easily look more grown up than guys, thus the bouncer/club less likely to get in trouble. Also, good looking girls keep guys in clubs, if the girls aren't nice they'll go elsewhere or not come again so it's in there interests to keep attractive girls in. Also, what girls would like to be chatted up by a 14 year old? Anyway in both cases it's likely illegal so I do question if it really would happen.
chux
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anatheme)
everyone gets IDed when getting into a club in France.
Uhhhh, no they don't. I've lived here for seven months and I haven't been IDed once. Not in a club, or in a bar or when buying alcohol. I'm 18 and I'm ALWAYS IDed in England.
leemyster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ok i was exaggerating to make a point.
maybe 16 year old girls then.

and yeah, thinking of it, i guess it is better for business to have a nightclub full of girls, rather than guys.
its just unfair girls get free entry
Well bring it up with a bouncer next time you see it happen and tell him about your consumer rights and how it's against legislation X,Y and Z to charge different prices.

Your likely to have a thrilling interlectual conversation. Dont blame me if you get turned away though
mantis117
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Noone will go to your bar/club if it's a complete sausage fest. It's really down to business and nothing more.
Anatheme
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chux)
Uhhhh, no they don't. I've lived here for seven months and I haven't been IDed once. Not in a club, or in a bar or when buying alcohol. I'm 18 and I'm ALWAYS IDed in England.
I always get IDed to get in clubs where I live, and so does everyone else, so I guess it depends on the places. I never get IDed for alcohol or bars, though, but I did mention that before.
Nomolos
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know this goes on a lot in the UK.
It drives me mad when girls are let in for free (occasionally ID-less) when guys are charged upwards of £10 and get a triple look on their ID.

But I guess you're right, nobody likes a sausage fest.

(but really.. surely there are some sexual equality rules on this?)
A Mysterious Lord
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's all to do with crowd control, the more girls they let in the more moderate guys' behaviour supposedly becomes. Also, if a club is a sausage fest it'll put girls off further, so it's about control and balance, which does inevitably lead to some discriminaton, but meh, what you gonna do?
History-Student
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SEljamel)
Or he could say: "Hey are you letting children in to your establishment for free? Isn't that a serious offence? Do you like little girls? Can I get in for free?"
1. Asking a bouncer if they like little girls will end with you in hospital and them getting laid for being the big man.

2. You need to chill, your posts sound quite serious in a thread that is not supposed to be taken seriously.
kMt
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
LOL I look hot every time I go clubbing and I always get asked for ID.. every london club I've been to asks for ID
*Darcie*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sr90)
You've just realised this? Nobody wants a sausagefest.
I for one don't like a fannyfest either. Should be a relatively even mix.
SEljamel
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by History-Student)
1. Asking a bouncer if they like little girls will end with you in hospital and them getting laid for being the big man.

2. You need to chill, your posts sound quite serious in a thread that is not supposed to be taken seriously.
Yeah well, the degrading of issues like these as something humorous is something I fight against.

Nobody else is so I'm here to fill that role.

Also I suspect the OP was very serious in his first post and was actually looking for some kind of reasonable discussion. It's the responses that were made in this regard that made the thread a 'joke'.
Here's a quote:
is is a serious question, why do this for girls, and not guys?
Jmzie-Coupe
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just go to gay clubs in future then you'll be fine dahhhhling
Jmzie-Coupe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *Darcie*)
I for one don't like a fannyfest either. Should be a relatively even mix.
Nothing wrong with a fannyfest
userdloat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ok, the other thread got me thinking I want to create a proper discussion on how girls have the upper hand.

For example, suppose a 14 year old girl went out to a club but didn't have ID, but she looked really hot and was wearing a low cut top, the bouncer would check her out, and let her in.
If it was a guy, he wouldn't get let in.

Also something else ridiculous, there is a nightclub near me, where on Saturday,
girls pay nothing, and guys pay €20 for entry. And girls get free champagne all night.

WHY why why??? This is a serious question, why do this for girls, and not guys?
How unfair is it to give up €20 when a girl can get in for free.

This is in France but I know there are very very similar circumstances in England.

No matter how much of my flesh is showing if the boys get id'd so will i and everyone pays the same and i don't get free champagne.
That's how it is where i live anyway, it's a fairly big city, lots of police and drunken trouble so anywhere that's got any sense will i.d everyone who looks under 25/21. No 14 year old would get into a club where i live without at least having someone elses i.d and even then they would have to look at least 16/17 to pull off looking young for an 18 year old.

If you have i.d though then i don't see why you're that bothered, i'm sure if you looked hot and there was a gay bouncer he might do the same. Give people something nice to look at and usually they will respond if the cicumstances allow them!

I did get into a club once when i was underage without i.d (17) but it was early and we went to the bouncers and started asking them how there christmas was while putting a hand on their shoulders and smiling sweetly. Only time it's worked and when we got inside i got i.d'd again at the bar and the guy was like i'm not serving you without i.d so i had to get my overage friends to buy my drinks i couldn't go by the bar because he told them he's chuck me out if he saw me again.

Things are different in France i guess!
Hylean
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Regardless of the rest, the bolded bit is illegal in England now, so that won't be happening any time soon.

However, if you want males to have the upper hand, just go to a male-gay bar. Seriously, not that hard to find anymore.

It's also dependent on the bouncers themselves. Male bouncers generally let more girls in, yes, but female bouncers will let more males in. It's not so much discrimination as just seeing what you'd prefer. The manager of the bar may ask more girls to be let in, because more girls in a bar is better for business, end of.

As for getting in younger, I was getting into bars and clubs when I was 14, without low cut tops. Dressing scantily and showing off cleavage does wonders but guys can do similar things, though lack the ability to show off flesh.
Powerlifter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I work the doors on the side. While the OP uses extreme examples there are a few things we do for reasons.

Large groups of girls are no problem, on the other hand large groups of guys are very often the cause of disorder.

Drug dealers tend to be male and they tend to travel with other males.

As for ID I ask anyone I think is under-age, it is usually quite easy to tell with guys as they are far less confident when faced with a large doorman than a girl - puberty gives men away quite often too.
Now we are faced with a challenge with girls, makeup and what not to make themselves appear older - the rule is if in doubt you ask for ID.

Now there is another point to note here, several girls will throw themselves at doormen, we have a reputation rightly or wrongly of being ferocious, large, manly in a macho type way which is what some girls like (note I use the suffix 'some'). I do know some door staff who will do as the OP suggested and allow certain girls in, and this is often in the hope of some action as it were.

From my point of view women cause less trouble, take less drugs and generally get along better than men do.
*Darcie*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jmzie-Coupe)
Nothing wrong with a fannyfest
I'm sure many straight females would prefer the sausagefest over the fannyfest.
Jmzie-Coupe
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by *Darcie*)
I'm sure many straight females would prefer the sausagefest over the fannyfest.
I'm sure many straight males would prefer the fannyfest over the sausgefest
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (142)
45.81%
Pro-humanity (168)
54.19%

Watched Threads