Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bazlehman)
    Perhaps you are descended from a family of Medieval lemon barons, who hoarded all the vitamins for themselves, refusing to share them with the ancestors of said regulars, who then gave birth to small children and the cycle continues until the present day, and will never stop until there is no more smallness to be had at all.
    That does seem very plausible :yes:

ReputationRep:
    Foster => Foz / Fozzie i like that

ReputationRep:
    ... My surname's Irish.

And everyone pronounces it wrong -.-

ReputationRep:
    My name is Cal and everywhere I go I'm constantly spelling it out for people. C A L... not Carl or Carol... Or people think it's a guys name! Sick of it!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    Cybele Drake? Nah, Cybele Berry sounds nicer tbh
    How do you pronounce Cybele? Cool name.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ScarletMoon)
    How do you pronounce Cybele? Cool name.
    Cybele is a cool name, its not my name though

ReputationRep:
    Aunty calls me Queen Elizabeth - LOL
    Why? Not sure really - i guess im more important then the other girls

ReputationRep:
    Perhaps you are descended from a family of Medieval lemon barons, who hoarded all the vitamins for themselves, refusing to share them with the ancestors of said regulars, who then gave birth to small children and the cycle continues until the present day, and will never stop until there is no more smallness to be had at all.
    One day I will return the name of Lemon to its long past greatness and our legacy will be known throughout your pathetic world and you will all cry out, "Let us suck on your lemons!" and i will reply, "No." One day the world will make sense again, but it is not this day. It is not this day!. But until then you might want to start hoarding lemons now, because history repeats itself. And soon you will no longer be able taste the juice...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by chemical_bex)
    I have the most awful surname ever.
    I always get embarrassed saying it.

I have loads of nicknames though. Rebekah has a lot of potential. My favourite being Reeba
    What is it? :ahee:

ReputationRep:
    My first name is Tom. Last name is Hill. I was called 'figer' for years due to 'Tommy Hilfiger'. Which I think is pretty awesome

Changed when I started high school and I have been known as Hill, for the past 7 years!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by giantlemon)
    One day I will return the name of Lemon to its long past greatness and our legacy will be known throughout your pathetic world and you will all cry out, "Let us suck on your lemons!" and i will reply, "No." One day the world will make sense again, but it is not this day. It is not this day!. But until then you might want to start hoarding lemons now, because history repeats itself. And soon you will no longer be able taste the juice...
    Your words should be etched on to a 1000ft marble-JIF-sculpture atop Ground zero, as a warning for the chosen few.

ReputationRep:
    Your words should be etched on to a 1000ft marble-JIF-sculpture atop Ground zero, as a warning for the chosen few.
    i think you when i conquor your nations lands you will have the fortune of being being enslaved for only 5 years and there will be only minor torture because of this show of intelligence. for the time being you may become my chief architect. i am afraid i cannot give the position of master propogandier as that position is taken. However your new position does enable you to pick your own choice of slaves (up to a maximum of 138), your own coat of arms and your own surgeon Igor (you'd be amazed how useful they are). If you continue to show loyalty and prove useful to me you may yet be allowed to marry into the legacy, but i warn you there are many competitors within this world for my favour. Your first task is to design my throne and i want it to be interesting. Make it interesting, or the others may win. Let loose the architects of war!

ReputationRep:
    I never order Taxis using my surname as it inevitably transforms in to "taxi for Lemon" other frequent variations include "Yes Mr Leeham take a seat over there" and "Order no 192 for Barry Leaburn"

Grinds my gears.
    yeah i just use 'Jones' or 'Smith' or something like that. Ends confusion.

ReputationRep:
    That's nothing

One of my friends has the last name 'Flynn' so most people call her Flinstone. She hates it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by berryboysh)
    Just wondered of any unusual surnames or nicknames other people have,what the names mean and if your happy or not with your surname or nickname? My family surname is Berry, i have my passport,and driving license in Berry, i like that name. I also have a few things in my STEPdads surname which is drake such as bank account and N:I number which i am going to change to Berry soon(damn! I hate the name drake,especialy wen i get called by it in public)
    That's my surname too.

ReputationRep:
    I like my name. It's very unique

That said, I hate to be called something like Matt Jones or Tom Smith...so boring!

ReputationRep:
    Belton-Ford ¬¬

Anthony - And I get called Ant-horny

ReputationRep:
    I never order Taxis using my surname as it inevitably transforms in to "taxi for Lemon" other frequent variations include "Yes Mr Leeham take a seat over there" and "Order no 192 for Barry Leaburn"

Grinds my gears.

(Original post by giantlemon)
    my name is lemon. my nickname is lemon. so i literally get taxi for lemon. it's not so bad.

i also have been nicknamed lurch by regulars at work. i'm tall and i work in a small place so i am always hunched over considering the door-frame is shorter than me.

Wow, Lemon is a more common surname than I thought.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Grund)
    I'm a Rebekah too! Hooray for Rebekahs! (we're blatently better than Rebeccas) My friend calls me Rebba
    Rebekah 'Grumpy' Grundy? That's not too bad. (:

ReputationRep:
    My nickname kinda has nothing to do with my real name,more my hobby.
    And the only nickname you can get out of 'Broadhurst' is well, 'Broady' I guess.

Poll
Brexit: Given the chance now, would you vote leave or remain?
Useful resources

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.