The Student Room Group

Do guys really care about weight?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I think they do, just the same way as girls care about guy's weight. It is ll subjective anyway - some guys will like bigger girls and some wont, the same as some girls will like bigger guys and some wont =]
Reply 21
Original post by effofex
Well - I employ a good test:

Ask a female what her mass in stone/kg is.... and then check.

If it becomes apparent that the initial information was a lie/withheld then obviously the female has insecurities that render a partnership untenable.

What if she genuinely doesn't know? I have no idea how much I weigh, I probably should find out.
Original post by Dance70
when i say 'a bit of beef' i mean like curves.. we're talkingg not a flat stomach but not fat! slightly like rihannas body maybeee..

I love how you chose a really attractive woman to compare yourself to, you're just trying to influence people to give you what you want.
Being like this is not good, just accept yourself for who you are. You must realise that some guys will find your size attractive and some wont. And ask yourself if a gay doesn't like you because of your weight then is he really worth it?

I'm sick to death of these threads.
Original post by Dance70
im told i've gota good figure but i'm still not confident with the way i look, i think i'm not the skinniest person in the world and i wouldn't mind losing some weight.
so im just wondering do guys really care if a girl's got a bit of beef on her?

Yes. Fat means lazy. I spend ages training to look good and be healthy, so fat is definitely a no no.
Reply 24
Yes we care, if we say we don't - we're lying. Some of us may pretend not to care, just to get some action. Also there are plenty of desperate guys who will tap anything with a hole.
Reply 25
woww mrscrackfox was only asking a simple question, jheeeeez at least put it nicely! i never said i didnt like my body did i, only it could be a bit better!
Original post by Dance70
im told i've gota good figure but i'm still not confident with the way i look, i think i'm not the skinniest person in the world and i wouldn't mind losing some weight.
so im just wondering do guys really care if a girl's got a bit of beef on her?

Of course we care. But each guy cares differently- one of my good friends wouldn't go near a girl who wasn't at least a size 14 (UK sizes). Personally that's too big for me, but it's what makes him happy! Everyone has a certain shape that is most attractive to them.

I think it's worth mentioning for the sake of consistency that we also care at the opposite end of the scale. Too skinny is just as unattractive as too big, and I'm sure the last thing anyone on this thread wants to do is push anyone who might read it over the edge into an eating disorder. You don't mention what weight/size you are: If you are genuinely overweight (use this link to calculate your BMI which is a good starting point:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmiimperial_index.shtml
20-25 is ideal. >25 is overweight, <25 is underweight ) then decide whether you want to lose weight (in which case speak to your doctor first), or find someone like my friend who likes bigger girls! :biggrin:
if you're fatter than a cow than ye obvvvvvvvvv
Reply 28
okay for the record im 5 foot and a size 10-12.. not gona lie iv not had too many good experiences with guys so i was simply askin what every other girl in the world is thinkin. if a girl says she doesnt care about her weight shes lying cuz if we didnt care what we looked like then we wouldnt spend so long infront of the mirror everyday.
if your sick of these threads then dont reply/read them.. simples.
thanks for all the comments though people, helps!
Reply 29
Only to an extent. A bit of meat is usually fine, or even suits some girls more. But deffinitely not obese or anything!
Original post by effofex
Well - I employ a good test:

Ask a female what her mass in stone/kg is.... and then check.

If it becomes apparent that the initial information was a lie/withheld then obviously the female has insecurities that render a partnership untenable.

"How much do you weigh? Oh I see. Would you mind please stepping on these scales? "

I wouldn't worry about finding out the results, just about extracting the scales from around your neck.

I think it depends on the guy. I see a lot of skinny/normal guys with quite fat girls and think it must be their fetish or really not bother them. I'm obsessed with my weight due to previous bodybuilding and now mixed martial arts I like to eat and look healthy so it probably wouldn't work out if I was with a girl who wasn't into that.

Curves are nice but I'd rather an athletic type body with A cups to an E cup but a waist bigger than mine (and that's only 30")
Reply 31
Original post by MrsCrackFox
Oh for gods sake.
You need to find the confidence within yourself, people on TSR aren't going to make any long term difference.

I don't mean to be harsh, but why don't you just get a ****ing grip? Learn to like your body, and if you can't, then do something about it.

This. I'm so bored of hearing women harp on about their bodies.
Reply 32
Not always, depends on the girl...
Original post by bryan.connell
Of course we care. But each guy cares differently- one of my good friends wouldn't go near a girl who wasn't at least a size 14 (UK sizes). Personally that's too big for me, but it's what makes him happy! Everyone has a certain shape that is most attractive to them.

I think it's worth mentioning for the sake of consistency that we also care at the opposite end of the scale. Too skinny is just as unattractive as too big, and I'm sure the last thing anyone on this thread wants to do is push anyone who might read it over the edge into an eating disorder. You don't mention what weight/size you are: If you are genuinely overweight (use this link to calculate your BMI which is a good starting point:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/health/tools/bmi_calculator/bmiimperial_index.shtml
20-25 is ideal. >25 is overweight, <25 is underweight ) then decide whether you want to lose weight (in which case speak to your doctor first), or find someone like my friend who likes bigger girls! :biggrin:

BMI isnt the greatest indicator of size, I'm 25.4 so overweight, but only about 10% body fat. My ex gf was a 17 so underweight but a perfect healthy figure still with a tiny bit of belly fat just no muscle and tall so it doesn't work in all cases.
Reply 34
I don't care too much.
Reply 35
you wudnt want a 'size 0' girl, curves make a girl more attractive, but not toooo much
Reply 36
Original post by Gwalchgwyn
I wouldn't even consider doing a fat girl. Sorry, thats just how i roll.

You're rolling because you're fat.
Can he lift you? :holmes:
Original post by Hard.Target
BMI isnt the greatest indicator of size, I'm 25.4 so overweight, but only about 10% body fat. My ex gf was a 17 so underweight but a perfect healthy figure still with a tiny bit of belly fat just no muscle and tall so it doesn't work in all cases.

Yeah I know, as I said: it's a good starting point and check with your doc before losing weight. Specific groups (athletes/body buidlers etc) don't really work well with the BMI measurement as they tend to come in as overweight when they're clearly not, but for most people of average lifestyle it gives a good ballpark figure. I didn't mean to make it sound like it's the be all and end all, so thanks for the clarification if I did- as I said don't wanna encourage anyone to stress too much about their weight. :biggrin:
Yes we do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending