?
Report 7 years ago
Spend all your money so you literally can't eat :awesome:
sarahthegemini
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You could become friends with a cosmetic surgeon and get free lipo? Or just go on the special K diet. I don't know whether that will work but the advert says it helps you drop one size, which would be better than nothing!
ktlaurenroe
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is how I lost weight:
Ran 2x a week.
Exercised most of the day Saturday at a dance/ballet class.
Did exercise videos on YouTube, at least 2 a day (they're only about 10 mins long each - search SparkPeople).
Didn't drink fizzy pop anymore, cut out sweets, chocolate, general unhealthy stuff. Ate more fruit, vegetable, "slow releasing energy" foods and drank way more water.

the basic idea is eat less & exercise more.
jk1986
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Big Daddy Cool)
Hmmm, your balance between calorific intake and expenditure is the be all and end all
What you are suggesting about hormones etc. is a change in expenditure, but the balance between how much energy you consume in food vs what you use is 100% what defines your weight gain or loss.

As a human biologist I'm sceptical of the hormones argument but I'm no expert so won't discount it. However, as a country we don't consume enough complex carbs compared with WHO guidelines.
Big Daddy Cool
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Powerlifter)
Thought I'd quote you so you'd know I'd replied, what are you lifting on the big 3?
Ramses II
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Brief cycle/run every day, no evening snacking and a smaller lunch.
Ramses II
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Apologies, double post.
Climbontoyourseahorse
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Cut down on your alcohol intake, or if you can handle it, cut out alcohol completely. Look at the calorie count.
Motorbiker
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
since starting uni ive gotten pretty fat, ive just had to buy a new pair of jeans 2 sizes bigger than when i started uni
my weight is all in the stomach so i basically look pregnant as its all been put on so fast and now im dreading going home in less than 2 weeks as i know my parents will take the piss
i basically need to lose weigh FAST! and wanna know ways to do so. im not too fussed about it being healthy as next term i already know im going to be doing a lot more running and stuff.
i dont think im that unhealthy at the moment and my meals always include things like fresh meat, fish, salads etc but i just love food so eat tonnes off it and am still always hungry
anyone have any recomendations on how to lose weight FAST other than starving myself, i was thinking 2litres water a day then maybe just regular small portions of salad?
There's nothing you can do in 2 weeks to make any noticeable difference tbh....

Other than liposuction or something equally drastic...

Long term though..

http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=887324

Read that to begin with. Then ask any more questions in that thread....
Miza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eat a cake
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Did you get less than your required grades and still get into university?

Yes (52)
29.71%
No - I got the required grades (101)
57.71%
No - I missed the required grades and didn't get in (22)
12.57%

Watched Threads