If you like a star or a group, do you want to go to their concert? Watch

metalthrashin'mad
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by concubine)
The Shining and Vulture Industries ones yeah?

I stole someone's GF at the VI/Hellheim gig.
yeah. God I hated those ****ty ****tards shining at that gig. worst band I have ever seen live.
tina90L
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Wow~What is gig? Gig and festival both mean concert, right?
These two words sound better than concert^^

I live in Asian area, so I use a lot of words in Asian way~
Today, I get two words^^
clevercailín
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by PhoenixFortune)
I'm never seen a singer/group live, and probably never will...unless someone invites me for free.

I find that singers/groups are never as good live anyway.
Honestly the unknown and unsigned bands are normally better performers live that those in the mainstream. The "big names" have autotunes and you can just get lost in a crowd.

Can I suggest you just go to a pub with live music and quite often they are the bands that are the best. Especially if they play regularly because it's bad for business if the musicians are crap!

I used to be into the big names that are all over the tv and radio and now my favourite bands are the ones that I can go and see for a fiver or a tenner or Free! I paid unreal amounts of money to go and see Green Day and Blink (pre hiatus) and My Chemical Romance and all the bands that teenagers love but now I much prefer going to see an up and coming band because they care about the fans, they get the audience involved and it's so much more personal. I remember those gigs more than I do the packed houses in the o2 and the big arenas!

There's my rant over... just wanted to let you know that you can be broke and still enjoy great live music
tina90L
(Original post by inksplodge)
if i like them i will go and see them live :dontknow: its entertainment, something to be enjoyed. we can't be expected to stay at home and study all of the time
Yah^^I agree with you~
I know that I can't stay at home and study for "365 days"
It will drive me crazy^^

Then do you have some recommended band or artists?
tina90L
(Original post by MizzCupcakes)
Going to gigs is one of the most fun experiences ever! The atmosphere is amazing, if you go see a concert it is more intimate and if it is a smaller place it will be even more so. Then you have festivals which also are a lot of fun. I would definitely spend money to see my favorite band, I can tell you I did, it took me five years but I could finally say to my mom "I'm 18 and I'm going whatever you say I am going!"

So don't think about it, mothers worry, maybe she'll understand sometime later :dontknow:
Yah~I went to the gig last weekend, and now when I close my eyes,
I can still feel the amazing atmosphere, and my favorite artists^^
"I'm 18 and I'm going whatever you say I am going!" This is "great"
I agree with you^^

By the way...which band do you like the best?
tina90L
I've seen Emperor and Porcupine Tree multiple times.

And Dark Fortress before they went all ZZZZZZZzzzz.

The original post in this thread is lulworthy.
What does lulworthy mean?
Everyone has his or her favorite music type.
Although I like Linking Park or leona lewis
I still love Asian music...
MizzCupcakes
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tina90L)
Yah~I went to the gig last weekend, and now when I close my eyes,
I can still feel the amazing atmosphere, and my favorite artists^^
"I'm 18 and I'm going whatever you say I am going!" This is "great"
I agree with you^^

By the way...which band do you like the best?
yeah, gig and concert basically mean the same, though festival is a lot of gigs/concerts

Exactly! It is an amazing feeling! Haha yeah, well the first concert I ever went to was when I was 14 going on 15 and that same year I found out that 30 seconds to mars where going to be extra to Linkin Park and I couldn't go because it was far away and I had school and my mom and dad simply wouldn't let me which I understand but when 30STM where on tour last year I told them that now that I am 18 they have no say I'm going, and it was the best concert I've ever gone to! Though I believe that every concert is special on its own, so it is hard to compare really but since I love 30STM I am a bit biased

Which band did you see/ have seen? was that the first gig you've been to?
TenaciousMonkey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't understand people who don't like gigs. The atmosphere is insanely good, you meet a lot of cool people in mosh pits and stuff and obviously the music is fantastic, or you wouldnt be there (generally speaking)...

Anyone here seen 30 Seconds to Mars, Paramore, The Who or Iron Maiden? Some epic nights, those gigs...
inksplodge
  • CV Helper
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tina90L)
Yah^^I agree with you~
I know that I can't stay at home and study for "365 days"
It will drive me crazy^^

Then do you have some recommended band or artists?
well I'm not really into the music the guys here are listing! But I've seen Lady Gaga twice - absolutely incredible
concubine
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TenaciousMonkey)
I don't understand people who don't like gigs. The atmosphere is insanely good, you meet a lot of cool people in mosh pits and stuff and obviously the music is fantastic, or you wouldnt be there (generally speaking)...

Anyone here seen 30 Seconds to Mars, Paramore, The Who or Iron Maiden? Some epic nights, those gigs...

I would have thought someone with your level of academic success should be quite capable of realising that different people enjoy different things.

Oh yeah, that's right, the British educational system doesn't really measure intelligence, just the ability to regurgitate.

HUZZAH.

If you go to lots of gigs, you see a lot of ****ty bands and music that you don't like. Speaking as someone that has been to many BRUTZHULZZz metal gigs, mosh pits can be the lamest ****ing things ever. I'm willing to bet that the 'pits' at the gigs of the bands you just mentioned aren't even really. Well, pits. I mean come on dude, Paramore? ;p
TenaciousMonkey
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would have thought someone with your level of academic success should be quite capable of realising that different people enjoy different things.

Oh yeah, that's right, the British educational system doesn't really measure intelligence, just the ability to regurgitate.

HUZZAH.

If you go to lots of gigs, you see a lot of ****ty bands and music that you don't like. Speaking as someone that has been to many BRUTZHULZZz metal gigs, mosh pits can be the lamest ****ing things ever. I'm willing to bet that the 'pits' at the gigs of the bands you just mentioned aren't even really. Well, pits. I mean come on dude, Paramore? ;p
Alright, fair enough there :P And let's face it, the British educational system IS a poor measure of intelligence. I'm an idiot, I know that

Maiden had a mosh pit, and I'm counting A Day to Remember and Lostprophets at Reading as well ;D (30 Seconds had a mosh pit on the other side of the crowd for about half a minute apparently :P)
pamelaa
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kat2pult)
Actually a lot of it is to do with my degree "Creative Events: Design and Production"/"Event Experience Design", I know all the secrets of how they create these events, how they wire up the lighting and sound and now the magic and 'ooohh' effect has been lost on me.

But yeah, I guess I'm not that much into music any more. I like listening to some bands but I'm not fanatical about them and I tend to go off bands after a couple of years. And I don't care much about quality either. Listening to live music usually (in my opinion) sounds quite bad, I'm not interested in the instrumentals or whatnot.
Your degree sounds awesome! Creative Events Design and Production? jealous! Do you enjoy it?
kat2pult
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pamelaa)
Your degree sounds awesome! Creative Events Design and Production? jealous! Do you enjoy it?
Yes, it's good it's really varied so there's always something new to do.
Manitude
  • Community Assistant
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yes, I enjoy gigs - supporting the band, meeting them, being able to hear their music played very loud, hearing new additions to their old songs and hearing new songs, taking in the atmosphere and hearing the crowd banter beforehand.

It is rather expensive though - the price of the ticket is one thing - then you've got to pay for someone to put it in an envelope, post it, then you've got get to the venue and back again, you'll probably want a drink of some sort while you're there and then buy a shirt at the end.
A £15 ticket can easily turn into a £45 evening!
tina90L
(Original post by Manitude)
Yes, I enjoy gigs - supporting the band, meeting them, being able to hear their music played very loud, hearing new additions to their old songs and hearing new songs, taking in the atmosphere and hearing the crowd banter beforehand.

It is rather expensive though - the price of the ticket is one thing - then you've got to pay for someone to put it in an envelope, post it, then you've got get to the venue and back again, you'll probably want a drink of some sort while you're there and then buy a shirt at the end.
A £15 ticket can easily turn into a £45 evening!

Sounds like you really enjoy gigs^^
Just like you said, the ticket is expensive though, A £15 ticket can easily turn into a £45 evening!

I think it's worthy to listen to a gig because I can get my delighted feeling to live
the dull school life...the gig can make me recharge embarks.
ella37
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i've been to my first gigs a couple of months ago and they're brilliant.
i think seeing artists live is a great way to appreciate them. plus the atmosphere in the venue with all the fans just singing along just feels so nice!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (232)
27.46%
No (613)
72.54%

Watched Threads