Turn on thread page Beta

Short-Medium Hair (pics included) watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by I<3LAMP)
    I don't mean to be rude, however I am curious, would you consider a glass eye because you shouldn't need to hide half of your face as you're really pretty. Also it means less awkwardness which I bet is annoying.
    I stopped wearing my painted glass eye last year. I now wear a clear glass eye because at the moment I feel incredibly self conscious about it all (This is where I begin to sound a bit ****ed up- because the painted eye was made especially for me and I didn't like how it looks, I felt as though it was my fault it didn't look normal and I just felt ugly all the time) so it's just less hassle to wear something clear and anonymous.

ReputationRep:
    Your hair is such a lovely colour! I think it would look good long or short (sorry that's not much help but it's a good thing)

ReputationRep:
    It looks great, why change it?

ReputationRep:
    I love how it is! If you don't want to change the fringe then I think you could maybe go a bit shorter, like this:

http://media.onsugar.com/files/2010/...ort-hair-2.jpg

http://0.tqn.com/d/beauty/1/0/l/8/1/...ort_hair_1.jpg

http://www.highonhair.com/images/sto...-short-bob.jpg

And keep the fringe to the length you want it. If not shorter then I think the style and the colour you have now are great they REALLY suit you!

ReputationRep:
    i had hair this length (unfortunately not your amazing colour though, well jealous ) i grew t so i could only just fit it into a pony and kept the sides fairly long so they'd fall out of bobble and i could curl them etc.
    though personally i'd say keep you hair as it is it's lovely

ReputationRep:
    I think it looks good as it is. Personally, I really like the large side fringe, I understand you have a reason for wearing it like that, but even if you didn't it'd still be a nice hairstyle. I'd say keep it as it is.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by VictoriaG)
    When I first started wearing the fringe I'd had an operation on my eye, so my 13 year old self didn't dare have people see it, so I just had to get used to it.
    I guess you just got on with it and adapted.

I stopped wearing my painted glass eye last year. I now wear a clear glass eye because at the moment I feel incredibly self conscious about it all (This is where I begin to sound a bit ****ed up- because the painted eye was made especially for me and I didn't like how it looks, I felt as though it was my fault it didn't look normal and I just felt ugly all the time) so it's just less hassle to wear something clear and anonymous.
    Well if you didn't like it you were bound to just resent it and hate yourself for hating it. It's weird how the perception of our body image can manifest itself and make us blame ourselves. Well y'know there's no point forcing yourself to wear something you hate so I can understand why you made your choice.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Blueflare)
    Do you have it in front of your eye all the time? How do you see where you're going properly, with regard to depth perception and everything.....?
    She has no eye, so of course it would make no difference having the fringe in front of it...

OP, you look really feminine and pretty with it like that You could grow it longer I guess, or try extensions.

ReputationRep:
    Start your fringe higher up, have more hair going down the other side of your face. Although I think longer hair might suit you.

ReputationRep:
    God your hair colour is to die for.

ReputationRep:
    the style and colour is very pretty it really suits you

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Wouldn't be surprised if you were hiding something behind the lump of hair covering, what I hope would just be the left side of you're lump.

I don't like it.
    I am hiding something.. the fact you can see all the tissue of my eye socket..

ReputationRep:
    I've seen a few discussions on here about hair length on females. I've had short hair for a while now (I've had shorter hair than I currently do) and I keep considering growing my hair long to feel more feminine.

So basically what I'm asking is keep it how it is?
    Change the style?
    Or grow it?

(Oh and I want to keep the fringe since I don't actually have an eye which is why I wear it this way, although I would consider thinning it out a little.)

Why the negative?
    A) I would :sexface:
    B) Not sure if you're serious about the "not having an eye" thing, but I used to have my hair like that (laugh all you will, I was young and naive ). My eye muscles deteriorated as a result.
    Went back to the optician a year after getting a haircut and she said that the muscles were back to working order, and that I'd have had to had glasses if they had gotten any worse.
    Just something for you to ponder on.

It suits you well, but it can affect your eyesight somewhat. Pros and cons.

Edit: Just read your other posts, ignore pretty much all of the above aside from point A.

ReputationRep:
    I think its very nice and a nice colour too

ReputationRep:
    When I first started wearing the fringe I'd had an operation on my eye, so my 13 year old self didn't dare have people see it, so I just had to get used to it.
    It's like you're that blonde woman from Captain Planet!

Now onto the serious business. I'd keep it as it is, it looks good and the colour is amazing. Personally I prefer longer hair, see my own profile pic for evidence, but your style suits your face and despite the humongous fringe, it doesn't swamp it or crowd it. Definitely like it.

Have to say, I'm with the others on wondering how you have the will power not to push it aside, my own hair drives me crazy, especially when I'm growing the beard. Kudos to you.

ReputationRep:
    Looks great as it is, very pretty - I think this appears to be the general concensus

ReputationRep:
    I am hiding something.. the fact you can see all the tissue of my eye socket..
    Really? If you're being for real, I say don't cover it up, it's just a cause for surprise. Glass eye, eye patch, surely there's other options?

I can't think of a polite way of saying I really wanna see your other side.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Yawn11)
    Really? If you're being for real, I say don't cover it up, it's just a cause for surprise. Glass eye, eye patch, surely there's other options?

I can't think of a polite way of saying I really wanna see your other side.
    I don't like how false the glass eye looks.
    I can only find eye patches that are for fancy dress.
    Other option is surgery to make it look better, which I've had, and it never lasts, or it goes wrong, so I'm a bit fed up of that. If you're so intrigued I might take a picture.

ReputationRep:
    Other option is surgery to make it look better, which I've had, and it never lasts, or it goes wrong, so I'm a bit fed up of that. If you're so intrigued I might take a picture.
    Yeah take a pic! Pm it it something if you want.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about hair, but you look so beautiful and are hiding half of that beauty with your hair it is a nice colour though

Poll
Do you like exams?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.