Accidentally ate raw chicken :/ Watch

This discussion is closed.
Iqbal007
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by insignificant)
So I got a Breaded chicken Kiev and put it in the oven and followed the instructions (cook for half an hour) and ate about half of it and got to the centre and saw that it was fully raw , that hadn't cooked, and I hadn't noticed because it was breaded and thought it would be okay as I followed the instructions. I can't have eaten much of the raw chicken bit because otherwise I wouldve noticed but by looking at it I had eaten a bit.. What do I do? Try throw up? :/
Not that simple, your likely to get food poisoning ,but your food should reject what you have eaten so it should make you vomit anyway and see a doctor
Intensity
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Crazy Paving)
I wouldn't worry too much, I did this before, and have had no side effects from it, seeing as I stopped as soon as I noticed.
Your avatar is perfect for this thread.
Bi0logical
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It is dangerous, but depends on how raw it was.
You may not physically feel the effects but go see your doctor, it could turn serious. It may weaken your immune system allowing other bacteria/infections/diseases more vulnerable to you.
Lord Jon
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by texico11)
Remember that the raw meat itself isn't dangerous, just the potential that there was harmful bacteria growing in it.

Most food companies handle meat under the presumption that you're going to cook it, which would kill the bacteria, and so don't worry too much about ensuring it's handled in a way that would guarantee there wasn't any bacteria present in the meat; this is where it's different from raw meat that you can buy and eat, which they ensure is properly handled and sterilized.

However, they obviously still have hygeine policies and handle it carefully anyway, so it's unlikely that harmful bacteria would be present in the meat. There's just a possibility...

And even if there was, that doesn't mean the bacteria would go on to cause any symptoms, and that your immune system wouldn't deal with it.

So yeah, I honestly wouldn't worry, bu there's a chance you might get ill.

I regularly used to eat Rustler chicken burgers raw when I was about 10 because my mum didn't realize they had to be microwaved when she bought it for me once, and I followed her lead and assumed you they were safe to eat from the packet untill I was about 15 and realized they had to be microwaved. I never once got ill Just goes to show.

You ate rustlers raw?
Emma_xoxo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would be very worried if I were you. Maybe just live today as if it's your last... joke.
You could look it up on the NHS website
IlexBlue
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Time to get out the salt water.
WolfSong2000
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Could go either way...I ordered some breaded chicken at a hotel food court once (in USA), and mid-way through eating it noticed it was only partially cooked...threw it away and complained to the vendor (who insisted it was cooked) and still ended up with horrific food poisoning. Ruined a lot of my holiday.
Cicerao
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I remember on a school trip where everyone was loling at the vegetarian option. Until they all ate their chicken to find blood and rawness inside. :awesome:
markrush
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I also once ate raw chicken in a wrap from a working too hard/stuck at desk/ordered from an intern without looking at the label moment. Totally fine.

Fingers crossed!
lukas1051
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't worry about it, if it's the sort of frozen chicken kiev that I'm thinking of they're processed and probably pre-cooked too. It's not like you're eating fresh meat from raw. Salmonella isn't a massive problem in the UK anyway, I ate raw chicken last week at a BBQ, and that was a chicken drumstick, I was fine. The absolute worst thing that could happen is you have the runs for a couple of days, you're not going to die.
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (129)
38.62%
No - but I will (19)
5.69%
No - I don't want to (25)
7.49%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (161)
48.2%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise