Alexandra square! Watch

affinity89
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just checked the newsletter on the website for April 2011. There is still no expected finish date for the underpass. It just says 'a few months'.

I suspect it won't be finished until I have left now. That makes me feel a bit sad lol. :/
reeces101
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Teao the Cat)
Anyone feel like taking a picture so i can see? Want to know what it looks like after all that time boarded up!
Me too, would love a look!
AndySpeed
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I rode my bike through the underpass a few weeks ago. It was still leaking.
Teao the Cat
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If it didn't leak, it just wouldn't be the underpass any more!
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show

Spoiler:
Show
J1mjam
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
wheres the picture on the big puddle!? im sure itll be out in force today. weather is horrendous.
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by J1mjam)
wheres the picture on the big puddle!? im sure itll be out in force today. weather is horrendous.
?

Agreed about the weather. Thankfully, when I went out for a pre-revision walk this morning, it wasn't quite so heavy. My windows are so covered in rain drops that it is actually difficult to see out now lol.
J1mjam
Rep:
?
my windows are the same. right on south edge of campus.

and the big puddle, you walk down spine towards the square and theres a big puddle just where the square starts, where the drains always fail. unless they have fixed it!
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
my windows are the same. right on south edge of campus.

and the big puddle, you walk down spine towards the square and theres a big puddle just where the square starts, where the drains always fail. unless they have fixed it!
Ahh. I suspect it will be there then. Given the weather lol.
I didn't walk that way though this morning.

The only kind of amusing thing about the weather is watching the occasional person run like mad between buildings because they don't have a coat or umbrella. (Yes, I know. Simple things amuse simple minds.)
Soph1990
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like the longer ramp thing - better than walking up all the little steps =]
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This is a better photo of the new ramp, from the works newsletter.

Spoiler:
Show
J1mjam
Rep:
?
(Original post by affinity89)
Ahh. I suspect it will be there then. Given the weather lol.
I didn't walk that way though this morning.

The only kind of amusing thing about the weather is watching the occasional person run like mad between buildings because they don't have a coat or umbrella. (Yes, I know. Simple things amuse simple minds.)
yep, the puddle is there! ;P pretty deep too. and on further inspection. there is no drains anywhere near. so they have made a dip in the paving without a drain...:facepalm:...

(Original post by Soph1990)
I like the longer ramp thing - better than walking up all the little steps =]
yea, its good. but it feels like im going up it forever!
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
yep, the puddle is there! ;P pretty deep too. and on further inspection. there is no drains anywhere near. so they have made a dip in the paving without a drain...:facepalm:...

yea, its good. but it feels like im going up it forever!
I've not actually walked up that ramp yet. In fact, I haven't crossed the square from south to north at all. I only ever go through it to reach the bus stop.

I am planning on moving out in three weeks now. Coming to the realisation that I might not actually get to see everything finished, seeing as it is all so behind schedule-wise. All the information still says it will be completed in March 2011. There has been no update with a new date.
J1mjam
Rep:
?
I've not actually walked up that ramp yet. In fact, I haven't crossed the square from south to north at all. I only ever go through it to reach the bus stop.

I am planning on moving out in three weeks now. Coming to the realisation that I might not actually get to see everything finished, seeing as it is all so behind schedule-wise. All the information still says it will be completed in March 2011. There has been no update with a new date.
aww that sucks. my flatmate had to do a scan article on the delays. she found out that all the ice and stuff has put it off quite a lot. i think they are simply saying, its gonna be done for next academic year. :\
Teao the Cat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was expecting it to look more... shiney. How did it take them so long to do that?
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was expecting it to look more... shiney. How did it take them so long to do that?
From August until late April!
I agree. I don't think there are actually that many differences. A new pattern with the paving stones and some differing height steps. All my friends agreed that it doesn't really demonstrate the time and money spent on it. :erm:
Teao the Cat
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
From August until late April!
I agree. I don't think there are actually that many differences. A new pattern with the paving stones and some differing height steps. All my friends agreed that it doesn't really demonstrate the time and money spent on it. :erm:
There are some clever contractors there screwing the uni over.... maybe the same ones as did the learning zone! :p:
affinity89
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There are some clever contractors there screwing the uni over.... maybe the same ones as did the learning zone! :p:
Lol. Maybe. They've said that they have had to work hard as most of it has been done manually - as you can't get the big tonka-toys onto the square - but who knows. At least the square is open again. Hopefully the sun will return and it can be buzzing with activity like it usually is at this time of year.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Lancaster University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 13 Jul '19
  • Lancaster University
    Sat, 7 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (515)
37.56%
No - but I will (107)
7.8%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.78%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (656)
47.85%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise