Lack of ethnic minorities in the crowd Watch

CombineHarvester
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by A Mysterious Lord)
It's the same at Last Night of the Proms. A lot of ethnic minorities have completely rejected British cultural occasions such as this, "multiculturalism" for you.
What happened to when Great Britain was actually Great? Now it's just Britain.
Baula
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why are there so many threads about race :facepalm2:

(Original post by Alex18cardiff)
end of the day too much emphasis in the media on having to include minorities in everything all the time which is what makes everyone notice. I dont care if they were black, white, asian or smurf, race shouldnt mean anything, it was a day to be proud of our country and forget if we have enough representation of everyone to fill some quota, because im sure everyone was there in some way or another.
This.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Lewroll)
I'm guessing you went then? Hmm?
I support the constitutional monarchy of the United Kingdom and I feel greatly patriotic towards my country, however I'm not going to travel 5 hours down to London at 4am just to catch a 6 second glimpse of some people in a car several hours later.
honoris
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Boringgg
jumpinglunch
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
They are all out in the suburbs robbing the crowds' houses.
jumpinglunch
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's the same at Last Night of the Proms. A lot of ethnic minorities have completely rejected British cultural occasions such as this, "multiculturalism" for you.
Many who are not ethnic, have also rejected this occasion, "boringeventism" for you.
*Dustinthewind*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My entire family were downstairs watching it. Even my chav of a brother. Repeat this scenario for a lot of Birmingham judging by everyone's status's.

I also saw a lot of ethnic minorities when watching it, maybe you weren't looking hard enough.
My name is URL
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
The UK is still 80% white, and in every shot on camera I saw that ratio was more or less maintained.

You should be more worried that only 300,000 attended anywhere close to the area, compared to 8,000,000 people in London alone and 65,000,000 in the UK. Let's also not forget all those billions of people in Commonwealth nations. It is a sad day for Britain and its legacy when its heritage and history is not celebrated by even the minority.
2 billion watching is not bad.
rlw31
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
So not going to the Last Night of the Proms or turning out for the Royal Wedding means that they've 'completely rejected British cultural occasions', or maybe they just don't find it interesting, just as many White British people don't.
CombineHarvester
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I support the constitutional monarchy of the United Kingdom and I feel greatly patriotic towards my country, however I'm not going to travel 5 hours down to London at 4am just to catch a 6 second glimpse of some people in a car several hours later.
I saw the anti Royal Wedding party on TV and there was only white people there.
Zionic
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Who cares?
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CombineHarvester)
I saw the anti Royal Wedding party on TV and there was only white people there.
Likewise multiculturalists are not ethnic minorities. The problem is not minorities, it's retards who think they're special.
CombineHarvester
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Likewise multiculturalists are not ethnic minorities. The problem is not minorities, it's retards who think they're special.
I thought retards were special? :confused:
Woffles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by U.S Lecce)
Oh here we go
My thoughts exactly. There was no way someone on TSR would abstain from turning a pretty awesome event (imo) into a racial/"multiculturalism has failed blah blah" debate...
Aj12
  • Political Ambassador
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TheWiseStudent)
Why woud they be?

I'm just saying. London and the UK is known for multiculturalism, yet the crowd wasn't.
Because if you are not native to the country its traditions and history is going to be less interesting to you?
Stressworthy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Royal Family hardly represents ethnic minorities, let's be honest, and yet is upheld as what is quintessentially 'British'? Having said that, as many have said, the word 'minority' is there for a reason, plus most of the people who are likely to care are likely to be white, unless they're doing it simply for touristic purposes (in which case there seemed to be a fair few).
JW92
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The Last Night of the Proms is mainly white because its a painfully (upper) middle class event. It's probably more an indictment of class divide in this country than multiculturalism as you like to see it.
TulipFields
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by teshla^^)
Many who are not ethnic, have also rejected this occasion, "boringeventism" for you.
Exactly. I have nothing against the wedding, it was very nice, etc. But I wouldn't go all the way to London to watch it, meh
Woffles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by JW92)
The Last Night of the Proms is mainly white because its a painfully (upper) middle class event. It's probably more an indictment of class divide in this country than multiculturalism as you like to see it.
Its a shame there are so few rationally thinking people like you on this forum
OMGWTFBBQ
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by No Future)
- Non white people would rather be working/studying?
Oh really?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (228)
39.31%
No - but I will (40)
6.9%
No - I don't want to (41)
7.07%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (271)
46.72%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise