Do you tend to find musicians more attractive? Watch

im so academic
Badges: 13
Report 7 years ago
No, I find intelligent and well-educated men attractive.
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends on whether they're actually good or not.

Talent, in it's various forms, can be very attractive. Certainly not the be all and end all though.

I knew a fairly gorgeous girl who was a singer in a moderately decent band but who was so far up her own arse she repulsed me.
Nick Longjohnson
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by chrislpp)
I wouldn't say so, there's an unholy amount of hipsters that have bought £200 guitars and now try and busk on the street. I'd throw a brick at them before my change.
:rofl: THIS.

I tend to go around with a bunch of bike locks and chain their fixies up instead
Nick1sHere
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I play the recorder... All the ladies love me now
LostRiots
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bet you ain't got nothin' on my mad triangle skillz
Charlottelisabeth
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ooooh yes!!!! I don't really know why lol! If a guy's in a band which is popular they're automatically seen as really cool by everyone. I suppose it's got something to do with the power they have over a crowd, how they're able to make people go wild over them. And they must be pretty awesome to make up songs, and then actually be able to play an instrument/sing in a way that pleases people to the point where they've filled them with such happiness :rolleyes:. I think that's what I find so attractive about them! It's hard to explain really!

If a guy can play the guitar, the drums, the piano or ever a violin I'm instantly more interested! It's the dedication to play a musical instrument to perfection that can put a guy in a much more pleasing light imo.

Musicians.are.HOT. Enough said!
rawwwwr!
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hi there, I play the piano :perv:
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
No, I find intelligent and well-educated men attractive.
Especially when they form orderly rows along the banks of the Cam.
goddogit
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If i already am attracted to someone, the fact that they're into music will probably make me happier.
But that isnt going to be the reason i start to get attracted to them, no.

But there are some people i find damn sexy while they're playing or singing. and then when they stop singing, i go back to normal. :|
im so academic
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Profesh)
Especially when they form orderly rows along the banks of the Cam.
:sexface:

I'm surprised you did Bristol Law, you've recently struck me as quite Oxbridgesque.
Killer Bean
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Articaaa)
Piano would.

Guitar wouldnt.

I adore the oboe :love:
What about classical guitar? :sexface:
Heptapus
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Killer Bean)
What about classical guitar? :sexface:
Sneaky :sexface:

Still prefer oboists :love:
Laertes
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Not really. Generally, I find attractive people more attractive.
IndigoRockGirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good musicians, yes : )
scherzi
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
As a musician I'd generally be indifferent... at least it'd only make a difference if they were attractive in the first place. Being able to regularly listen to a cellist/clarinetist/pianist playing next to you would be nice, provided they were good.

Though a good number of musicians I know carry a smug air of self-importance, thinking that being a musician makes them superior, in a deluded effort to muster some esteem. That would put me off
pinkmonkey3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
When a guy I liked started playing romantic music on his guitar for me it really sweetened the deal!
angelbones
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's not unattractive, let's put it that way.

Also, if they play instruments that require a certain amount of dexterity with their hands....

Anyway. Boyfriend plays guitar/bass/piano/organ/drums :love: and I do find it quite attractive. It makes me proud when he performs somewhere.
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by im so academic)
:sexface:

I'm surprised you did Bristol Law, you've recently struck me as quite Oxbridgesque.
Spoiler:
Show
Had my social alienation persisted into later adolescence I suppose I would've continued to take refuge in academia and perhaps made a serviceable candidate for English at Cambridge (as per several teachers' rather optimistic prognostications), but my burgeoning 'class clown' status and increasingly indolent disposition were not conducive to the rigours of a formal education and now that I'm finally mature enough to handle a degree I find I've little incentive to pursue one.

Granted I bluffed A-Levels with little effort, but this proved to my disadvantage when I found myself surrounded by people who'd spent the preceding years perfecting their essay technique while I'd simply churned out grandiloquent prose with only periodic flashes of genuine insight. Apparently Law examiners, unlike their A-Level counterparts are generally smart enough to sift bull**** from legitimate content: suffice it to say that mine was not a favourable ratio, and despite offering tenacious arguments in Property and Tort seminars (which I actually enjoyed) I floundered overall.

Still, I don't regret my time at Bristol: had I failed somewhere like Oxford I might've been left pondering whether I could have redeemed myself elsewhere, whereas dropping out of a more conventional (albeit very prestigious) establishment cemented the realisation that I simply wasn't disciplined or motivated enough to pursue higher education at that juncture.

Admittedly people meeting me for the first time will sometimes assume I went to Oxbridge, but I feel no shame in disabusing them.

But that's enough about me.
CameraGirl
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:love:
i'd be lieing if i said i don't love a musician XD
my boyfriend plays the piano beautifully, and composes, and it melts my heart! haha! also like the guitar, but piano has to be my favourite

however there are other factors too. say if he was a good musician, and in a band, but had a horrid personality and acted like a di*k, then no, i wouldn't find them attractive.

i love that my bf is a musician, and great at it, but then intelligence, humour, personality, all that other jazz is important too
NaturalDisaster
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Nope. I like actors. Although if said actor is also in a band/can play an instrument, I won't object Thinking Tom Felton and Thomas Sangster here...I pretty much died when I found out they could play guitar. Although I was 14 at the time...:lol: Ah, the sadness of my life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (432)
37.5%
No - but I will (87)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (79)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (554)
48.09%

Watched Threads