If Kate suddenly died, the world would mourn. If a poor kid died,no one gives a **** Watch

Travelling_Girl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't think the world would mourn. I'm guessing you are trying to draw a comparison here to the death of Lady Diana. We didn't mourn for her death because she was once married to the future King of England or because she was a "celebrity". People mourned for the tragic and early death of someone who was actually doing some good for the world. Kate has so far done nothing but look pretty.
shooting.star
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
At the risk of sounding incredibly harsh, this is a completely unfair comparison. It's the same as say, if someone you know dies (hopefully not), you would obviously be completely torn up about it, but if you just heard that a person died, it might stop you for a moment but you wouldn't really care. What does this mean? Does it mean you are a heartless horrible person or does it just mean that death is a natural thing and happens everyday.

More people may talk about the death of a famous person, but that does not = more people care and/or that less people care about the death of a poor child. Those two facts, in my opinion have no bearing upon each other.
Josh_Dey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because a child dieying in Africa is normally expected. If a royal dies you would think something happened... :holmes:

Example: 'The Diana Conspiracy' :lol:
SchadenfreudeDude
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Kinda' hard to mourn someone you've never heard of.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Because money makes someone better and more important! How do you not know this? :rolleyes:
Limitless
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ilyking)
tbh I don't understand why the OP is being negged, think about it, the prince doesn't give a **** about what you lot think. You all worship him anyway, way to go to feed his royal ego-ness
The starving kid in Africa also doesn't give a **** what I think, he just wants to survive and get on with his life. In fact nobody gives a **** what I think booo hooo get on with your life, where would I be if I took into consideration everybodies opinion of me? You can't please everybody right.
INeedToLoseWeight
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would cry, for William. Losing the two women he loves the most would be tragic
hazelsaurus
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Welcome to the world we live in.
dean01234
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
because people are stupid... they feel like they know William and Kate by watching their wedding and reading or watching news stories.

So if she died, people would be upset. Who gives a **** about some kid you don't know and don't even hear that they have died.
gingerrama
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ilyking)
tbh I don't understand why the OP is being negged, think about it, the prince doesn't give a **** about what you lot think. You all worship him anyway, way to go to feed his royal ego-ness
I really don't think Prince William is on tsr right now
U.S Lecce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Welcome to humanity or should i say inhumanity. You wont like it here :pierre:
chrislpp
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by kimmey)
we wouldnt want to see the 200 million pounds that we paid go to waste
It just did.
Woffles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Ollie53)
What a stupid thread...
The only worthy post in this dire thread
Fonix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Short answer: Human nature

Long answer: Humanity as a species grows close to who we know. Its hard to mourn an unknown
Megaloblastic
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Life's a *****
Aphotic Cosmos
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The human brain is just not equipped to deal with more than about 200 personal connections and a few hundred more loose acquaintances - so of course people in the public eye, who are more likely to fill one of the emotional connection vacancies, are going to elicit a wider emotional response. That's not a judgement on the worth of human life, just on our capacity to deal with human society on a scale that we did not evolve to cope with.

See existentialism. Life's an absurd ***** and then you die.
HarryA
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by slavetosociety)
Just thought I lay out the reactions of people in these two cases. If kate suddenly died, the whole world mourn as if they lost one of their parents or something. But if a poor kid in afrida dies of malnutrition or a palestinian kid gets blown to bits, we dont give a **** to be honest.

We care so much about the higher class and celebrities in general that we sometimes live in a fantasy world distorting our image of the real world. As long as it doesn't happen to us and the higher elite, we couldn't care less what the **** goes on elsewhere.
It's got nothing to do with class or status. People admire women like Kate Middleton, you might not give a sh*t, but some people do and you have no right to judge them. Say your favourite actor or singer or whoever died that you never knew personally, of course you would care and maybe even cry.

If, God forbid, your mum suddenly died, you would mourn her death, but that starving kid in Africa or wherever probably would care, would s/he?

And of course we care, we just know that we can't do anything.
RedGuy
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just goes to show what kind of world we live in.
*Dreaming*
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't mourn anyone who I personally don't know tbh. Yes it's sad, but if you cry over every sad thing that happens in the world you would never stop.
robodude789
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't mourn if kate died... her sister on the other hand....
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (125)
39.06%
No - but I will (17)
5.31%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.25%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (158)
49.38%

Watched Threads