Gap year students not favoured? Watch

Jace Falco
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by canimakeit)
If you enter in 2011 then your fee will remain the same for the whole of your course, if you enter 2012+ then depending on the university and course (but since the average fee is £8700 or so you probably end up paying £9000) you will be paying £4000-9000.
This is why I'm so glad I finished school in 2010, and so had the chance to take my gap year and get in before the fees go up
canimakeit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jace Falco)
This is why I'm so glad I finished school in 2010, and so had the chance to take my gap year and get in before the fees go up
I finish this year and already got 2 interviews before my exams
hamburgerandbeans
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I would like a sporting course at Uni. Is a gap year good for me?

The two main Uni's I am considering are Chichester and Essex.
Stressworthy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by hamburgerandbeans)
I would like a sporting course at Uni. Is a gap year good for me?

The two main Uni's I am considering are Chichester and Essex.
It's difficult to say if it's 'good' for you - I'd suggest you contact the admissions tutors at those respective universities and see what they say. But, from my personal point of view, I can't see why it would be an issue for the uni if you take a year out at all... plenty do it for similar courses etc. It's more the financial implications you should think about, I'd say.
hamburgerandbeans
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Stressworthy)
It's difficult to say if it's 'good' for you - I'd suggest you contact the admissions tutors at those respective universities and see what they say. But, from my personal point of view, I can't see why it would be an issue for the uni if you take a year out at all... plenty do it for similar courses etc. It's more the financial implications you should think about, I'd say.
Thanks!

Money is not too much of an issue because I plan to work when I am there and I can hopefully make a lot of the money back from working.
Ace1391
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i think it must just be oxbridge that generally discourage it. but i'm on a gap year and got offered unconditional places to all my choices so it didn't hurt me. and i've gained so much from it that i think it's even going to help me when i do get to uni
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (141)
38.42%
No - but I will (21)
5.72%
No - I don't want to (26)
7.08%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (179)
48.77%

Watched Threads