What date do you set your Anniversary as? Watch

Choccy94
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We went on our first date the day before he asked me to get into a relationship.
We count our anniversary as the day after our first date.
mattyb17
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For me when I have a partner its the date we met for the very first time (Yes, im soft )

But when we get married probably the date of marrige, if I ever get married or manage to get another gf :lol:
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Our first date
The_Goose
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DFonz)
you dated for one year and then he proposed? :eek: and you're getting married now?
Yep =) We've been very close for years though. Getting married next March =)
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Gemma :)!)
Well my boyfriend (now ex) and I got together wayy before Facebook let you put an anniversary date, so we just guessed at one haha. But we tried to work it out from the night we got together we'd been friends for ages and had to have the discussion about whether it was really worth "ruining our friendship" over. It lasted two years, and we have lovely memories (and some not to lovely) but I can honestly say I wished we hadn't bothered, as we'd still be good friends if it wasn't for that

Sorry for that rant, that really wasn't part of the question was it haha.
It's fine Me and my ex got together knowing that we would have to break up at the end of the academic year (I'm graduating this year and neither of want to do long distance) but we still had a really nice time together in the time we did have.

I know that's not the same situation as yours but keep thinking of the good things I guess
shouldbeshot
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First kiss 7th February
First time we er you know 8th February
The night we talked about being offically together and decided yes (because its complicated) 19th February
Day he changed his relationship status 20th February

Take your pick, personally I choose the first one because we've been inseperable ever since
mary21
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We have lots that we count!
1st Ocober 2008 as our first and main one, its the day we met, spent the night chatting, had our first kiss
Then the next one is 7th September 2009, thats the one we got back together on after having broken up for a while
We also broke up for a month in February (damn long distance relationships!), so 30th March 2011 will be a new anniversary.

Yeah, we've been pretty on and off, but we still count 1st October as our anniversary, but acknowledge that it has been 'on and off' lol
iamnotasealion
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My boyfriend and I kind of just fell into a relationship towards the end of last year, so we pretty much just picked a random date.

Unfortunately, this was seemingly too much for my boyfriend, who's been hyping me up for our sixth month anniversary for weeks now. I worked out the other day it's only five months and my boyfriend apparently has the counting ability of a two-year-old. :borat:
Gemma16
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd always just thought it was the day when you became bf/gf. For me 18th Dec 2010
Nutta!
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
Hey guys,

I was wondering what date people consider to be the anniversary of their relationship?

For instance any of the following could be contenders for it:

- the date you first met even if that was just a casual meeting and you didn't know them at all
- the date you had your first date
- the date you had your first kiss
- the date you agreed to call each other "boyfriend/girlfriend/whatever"
- the date you went "Facebook official" (for those that do)

My ex had our anniversary down as the time where shortly after we'd first met I'd decided I wanted to get to know him better in person and had arranged to meet up ostensibly to do work, (upon arriving at the library I immediately declared it had been cold on my walk there and I needed to have a hot chocolate in the library café ). We just talked for like 2 hours and I wouldn't really call it a date because I'd just seen it as a way to get to know him better and I had intended to maybe do work together if that was what he really wanted to do.

Was just wondering what other people thought because while he thought it was then I had our anniversary down as the first proper date we went on (which was the next day when we agreed to go into town and have coffee rather than make up an excuse to see each other like I had).

I guess it doesn't really matter so long as you both agree but was just wondering what people thought.
Our first date- more symbolic
hatemylife
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The day you get married, otherwise, as you have stated, there is lots of confusion. Not really anniversaries, are they.
Joker370
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The day you get married.
darlingsaidyes
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
first date
Michael Locke
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If I were the sort of person to keep track of such trivial nonsense I'd put it as the date we got together.
IPlayThePiccolo
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'd say it's the date they ask you out and you say yes
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Faustus Fotherby)
The day we agreed to be in a relationship together.

Nice to see you online too, though you're probably crasting. Go revise!
tsr-member
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The date he asked me to be his girlfriend.
i.e. the date we first kissed
Cicerao
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
We celebrate it as the day we met.

We hope to get married on the same date, although we'll get married over 2 days. So uh. 2-day party. xD
Cicerao
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Michael Locke)
If I were the sort of person to keep track of such trivial nonsense I'd put it as the date we got together.
You sound like a bundle of laughs.
Faustus Fotherby
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
The day we agreed to be in a relationship together.

Nice to see you online too, though you're probably crasting. Go revise!
I really am, it's dire. I've got to learn my entire degree in like 2 weeks. Erf.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (62)
37.58%
No - but I will (6)
3.64%
No - I don't want to (10)
6.06%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (87)
52.73%

Watched Threads