Lost my temper with medic cousin Watch

M1F2R3
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The only thing you have to prove is to yourself, that you can complete the degree you chose. Your cousin is a medic, so what? By the sounds of her attitude she won't get very far in life, grades only get you so far.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by rugbyladosc)
Don't ****ing apologize. I am in the same position as you, my cousins go to Eton and they constantly look down their noses at me because I go to state Grammar school. They narrowly beat me in GCSE's and AS levels, one of them has been rejected by Oxbridge and is reapplying next year, part of me hopes he doesn't get in.

We have to spend so much time together and I feel like I'm in the wrong because everyone's taken her side. Just because she's a medic, she acts so superior sometimes. Why do people treat her like she's the golden child.

She didn't get in first time anyway. I know how difficult it is for medics, many of my friends were heartbroken when they didn't get in. I know they have tough exams, but she took that sacrifice when she applied.
lovedoctor
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
We have to spend so much time together and I feel like I'm in the wrong because everyone's taken her side. Just because she's a medic, she acts so superior sometimes. Why do people treat her like she's the golden child.

She didn't get in first time anyway. I know how difficult it is for medics, many of my friends were heartbroken when they didn't get in. I know they have tough exams, but she took that sacrifice when she applied.
Someone needs to give this girl a wake up call... maybe a fist would do it. :top2:
rugbyladosc
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)

remind her of that when she looks down at you.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by M1F2R3)
The only thing you have to prove is to yourself, that you can complete the degree you chose. Your cousin is a medic, so what? By the sounds of her attitude she won't get very far in life, grades only get you so far.
But how do I make it less awkward?
DirtyPrettyThing
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Occlusal)
what would you say the answer to 6/2(1+2) is?
Depending on how you read it I'd say either 1 or 9. One would be able to give a definite answer if it was seen written out properly.

Is that it?
lovedoctor
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DirtyPrettyThing)
Depending on how you read it I'd say either 1 or 9. One would be able to give a definite answer if it was seen written out properly.

Is that it?
Yeah, if there was an extra set of brackets, it'd be more clearer.
ilyking
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
maths is more conceptually challenging than medicine, how can they look down upon you for it?
~ Purple Rose ~
  • PS Reviewer
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Apologise, but in French so she won't understand :yep:
Khodu
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ilyking)
maths is more conceptually challenging than medicine, how can they look down upon you for it?
I don't get your sig...:confused:
Jacktri
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
l2 troll people irl then you are untouchable
kaylafrances
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
man up
ilyking
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Khodu)
I don't get your sig...:confused:
southpark reference
ThemThereEyes
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Some medics are ridiculous, some are just normal, some manage to be absolute piss heads and still get their stuff done. I probably have friends from each of those.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by ThemThereEyes)
Some medics are ridiculous, some are just normal, some manage to be absolute piss heads and still get their stuff done. I probably have friends from each of those.
Yeah, I'm over it. Don't give a damn if she's turned people against me. I'll graduate, start my career and start making money hopefully long before she graduates!
Novis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just keep your head down and work hard. Take no notice of what she says.
IndigoRockGirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ugh this makes me depressed. I guess some people don't grow out of this stage.

Honestly, it depends what you want to happen. If you just want it to be over then just apologize and keep your mouth shut in future, but if you want her to stop being snobby then I would tell her calmly how her comments make you feel.

Good luck
x
navarre
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Sounds like a ***** tbh.

Most medics are lovely people, but people like this annoy the crap out of me. They don't have the right personality to cut it as a doctor.
Pn94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Your cousin sounds like a snobby cow.

Give her a dickslap.
lace-rules
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Smack the biatch over the head with a brick.

With any luck, it'll leave her in a coma for life.

Problem solved.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads