The Official Summer 2011 IB Exams Discussion Thread Watch

Blazara
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by meganeira)
13th of May?!?! :eek: That will be cramped, but at least they're all over pretty quick. I mean something like 16 exams in less than 10 days is ludicrous really, but I suppose you'll just be in the zone and it'll be done before you know it.
I think people (including myself) are freaking because we haven't been doing enough revision! I'm screwed. :rolleyes:
I know right. 7 days I start my exams, 18 days I've finished. What's even worse is that the bulk is in the last week. On my very final day, I have 5 and a half hours of exams, and get to stay afterschool for an hour to do it. Yeaaaahahhs.
meganeira
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Blazara)
I know right. 7 days I start my exams, 18 days I've finished. What's even worse is that the bulk is in the last week. On my very final day, I have 5 and a half hours of exams, and get to stay afterschool for an hour to do it. Yeaaaahahhs.
Ew. Sounds nasty. I think my worst day is when I've got my Physics Option exam and History papers 1&2, which I'm guessing you've got too? I'm doing HL History & SL Physics though, so at least that's a slight reprieve. The timetabling really sucks... ¬¬
I've got easy first, third, and fourth weeks, and a horrendous second week, with 7 exams in 4 days... I'm guessing you've got that too? I suppose at least a lot of us are in the same boat. I really don't envy you doing Maths HL though. Best of luck!
Blazara
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ew. Sounds nasty. I think my worst day is when I've got my Physics Option exam and History papers 1&2, which I'm guessing you've got too? I'm doing HL History & SL Physics though, so at least that's a slight reprieve. The timetabling really sucks... ¬¬
I've got easy first, third, and fourth weeks, and a horrendous second week, with 7 exams in 4 days... I'm guessing you've got that too? I suppose at least a lot of us are in the same boat. I really don't envy you doing Maths HL though. Best of luck!
Thanks for the luck, reciprocated massively to you <3
Yeah, the second weak is gross. Although I have more than 7, I know I have at least 6 in just Thurs/Friday.

Yup, Hist and physics on the same day. So not good. What option you doing outta curiosity?
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Blazara)
Thanks for the luck, reciprocated massively to you <3
Yeah, the second weak is gross. Although I have more than 7, I know I have at least 6 in just Thurs/Friday.

Yup, Hist and physics on the same day. So not good. What option you doing outta curiosity?
I have no idea why you were negged. Ouch. I double the luck I send to you then! That sucks.
For Physics? I'm doing Options F & G; Communications and Electromagnetic Waves... fun. :rolleyes: It's because I'm in such a small school that SL and HL are combined... The standalone SL options and the HL ones for that matter look so much more interesting! Which ones are you doing?
Which Routes are you doing for History?
theultimateplu
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Medieval History HL resit in two weeks. God I hate Otto.
Serentonin
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Freaking out for spanish and biology. No revision done basically, am going to have to lock myself in the library for the next 3 weeks FML.
Gulce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yea I start May 3rd and basically done May 13th.
writer27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I have no idea why you were negged. Ouch. I double the luck I send to you then! That sucks.
For Physics? I'm doing Options F & G; Communications and Electromagnetic Waves... fun. :rolleyes: It's because I'm in such a small school that SL and HL are combined... The standalone SL options and the HL ones for that matter look so much more interesting! Which ones are you doing?
I'm doing EM waves for HL Physics too, which isn't too bad, but my other option is Particle Physics I thought I understood it ok, looked at the practice papers and got one out of 30 :confused:
But at least that's my worst. Just aiming to pass now.
Blazara
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ooh, random negg train. That's nice ;3.

Oh wow, those options look really well; not fun. I'm doing Astrophysics and Medical physics. Astrophysics is lovely, it's really easy maths wise - identify the formula and stick the number in and remember some processes in stars. That's it. MEdical physics is eh, learn about the ear and then different type of imaging, which is essentially nuclear physics formulae with diff stuff.

I had to look up what History I'm doing in honesty;
Paper 1 - 'Peacemaking, Peacekeeping - international relations 1918-36
Paper 2 - 'Causes, practices and effects of wars' and 'The Cold War'
Paper 3 - Aspects of the history of Europe and the Middle East 1750-2000 with specifics in: Imperial Russia, Revolutions, Emergence of Soviet State 1853-1924, 'Interwar Years: Conflict and Co-operation 1919-39?' and European Diplomacy and the First World War 1870-1923.

I'm my schools first year of teaching I.B - so it's possible everything has gone wrong for us, which will be... grand. ;3
shruikanshade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First exam tomorrow. FJKSLAJSDOUWAUD :|
scenarios
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just have a **** and chillax nymphos.
coolpix
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by shruikanshade)
First exam tomorrow. FJKSLAJSDOUWAUD :|
Exams dont start till may 2nd, how come you are writing yours so early???

On a side note am totally screwed over for HL Psych fun, fun, fun, fun
toast565
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
After a gruelling beginning (5 exams in two days) my timetable is lovely. Got a clear 10 days to prepare for Bio and languages :P.

Really not looking forward to the weekend of the 20th when everyone else is done but I'm still revising for French on the 23rd though.

Good luck all. Now get off TSR and revise some more.
GlibByNature
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
IB YAY
gummi_bears
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ohmygod. I feel like vomiting every time I see the timetable
A;LSKDJF; LASKDF J
I mean, which genius put Psychology and Maths together on the same day?!
Fonix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Got to start revising for an exam on "Water Systems"

I ****ing hate rivers. Its water going down hill, if you try and say any more than that, your just making it up.

**** rivers..
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gummi_bears)
Ohmygod. I feel like vomiting every time I see the timetable
A;LSKDJF; LASKDF J
I mean, which genius put Psychology and Maths together on the same day?!
The timetable is pretty illogical to be honest. :dontknow:
RandomUser7
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by toast565)
After a gruelling beginning (5 exams in two days) my timetable is lovely. Got a clear 10 days to prepare for Bio and languages :P.

Really not looking forward to the weekend of the 20th when everyone else is done but I'm still revising for French on the 23rd though.

Good luck all. Now get off TSR and revise some more.
Same about French :/ That weekend is also just after my birthday (on the 18th) so having an exam on Monday is so ****.
gummi_bears
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The timetable is pretty illogical to be honest. :dontknow:
The whole thing is just silly. I have all my hardest exams in the first week, and all the easier ones spread around the next 2 weeks. :mad:
Is yours like this too?
meganeira
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by gummi_bears)
The whole thing is just silly. I have all my hardest exams in the first week, and all the easier ones spread around the next 2 weeks. :mad:
Is yours like this too?
I've got 3 exams next week, which are English 1 & Maths Studies, so not too bad.
The second week however is a nightmare. I've got 7 exams over 4 days, English 2 which has a heavier revision weighting in comparison to paper 1, plus I have Physics SL & History HL. I feel really sorry for the Maths HL students who are also doing History and Physics. :sigh:
Third week I have my 2 Economics exams on the Monday & Tuesday, so no problem there. I then have no exams until my French on Monday.
It's so stupid. All the ones which require heavy revision are timetabled altogether! It just doesn't make any sense. :mad:

Good luck anyway! 3 days to go now... ARGH!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cranfield University
    Cranfield Forensic MSc Programme Open Day Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • University of the Arts London
    Open day: MA Footwear and MA Fashion Artefact Postgraduate
    Thu, 25 Apr '19
  • Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (314)
37.83%
No - but I will (64)
7.71%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.47%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (390)
46.99%

Watched Threads