Hidden Gems of World and UK Travel Watch

dnumberwang
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wangelo)
Oh my, what an amazing place! Id love to live there when I've done everything I want to, looks like such a calm and wonderful place.
They're different places
wangelo
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by dnumberwang)
They're different places
I guessed, but the first picture oh so picturesque.
ShadowConspiracy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Amsterdam? Some of the best cafe's in the world
Jellybean91
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Pretty much posting here to subscribe i'd love to go travelling after uni, i feel like i missed out not having a gap year, but id love to go somewhere a little off the beaten track cos i feel like every holiday i go on is a big city or very well known
Lynz782005
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by FormerlyFrisbeeFan)
There are many places to go to and things to do that are very famous, popular and highly rated, eg. backpacking round Australia, skiing in the Alps, visiting the Great Wall of China, shopping in New York, beach holidays in the Mediterannean, and so on. The sort of things that lots of people on here have done, or wish to do.

But what are your 'hidden gems' of world or UK travel? Which places have you been to that you don't feel receive the attention they deserve? Which places have you visited that aren't rated highly by others?

I've not travelled much yet, but I would recommend the Black Forest in Germany. Admittedly it was 2000 when I visited so it may have changed considerably since then, but I remember it being absolutely stunning. I never hear about anyone going there either, whether its people I know or people on here.

I realise that what I'm asking for is rather paradoxical - that the reason why some places would be considered 'hidden gems' is precisely because they aren't publicised. But I'd be grateful if you could indulge me anyway
[IMG]www.facebook.com/travelinagroup[/IMG]

I think this is the nicest beach ever but not many people seem to know about it!! I went with www.travelinagroup.com they take you there on their tour
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (256)
39.02%
No - but I will (45)
6.86%
No - I don't want to (47)
7.16%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (308)
46.95%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed