audi a3 or golf tdi? which one i shoud go for Watch

High As A Kite
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr kkk)
you thought im british? surprised me ,that means my english is not bad hahaha lol
you'd be suprised..
sunnyskem
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
why not buy a ****ing citroen saxo for £122,000
Walter Ego
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Royals get a 60% discount from Audi. Effectively, they let them have them at cost for image prestige.

Personally, I find the A3 bland. They're boring to drive, boring to look at, as unreliable as any VAG offering and mainly bought by people aspiring to Audi ownership as they see it as a social climb. The Golf is a bit more cool, and crosses social boundaries with ease, looking cool outside the golf club, parked in Chelsea, or abandoned on a council estate. However, a young guy would normally go for the 3-door, and if so you may as well pay a couple of hundred more and get the stylish coupe. The Scirocco is a Golf underneath, but has better suspension and standard spec which would be £2k as options on the Golf.

The cool cars of the last few years have obviously been the Mini, Fiat 500, Suzuki Swift, and recently the rather good Citroen DS3. I prefer to go my own way and would look at the BMW 1 Series for a superb handling, well built car, especially the powerful diesels and the stylish coupe. A 123D M-Sport Coupe would be excellent for me. At the £21k you suggest for the A3, you could even look at a Mazda MX5 for some open-top fun, in one of the best handling fun cars of the last 20 years. Also worth a look is the Mazda 3 MPS. Peugeot's RCZ coupe is around £22k too. The Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup and Megane 250 Cup are both hardcore performance drivers cars, will definitely break down, a lot, but give thrills like little else on the road today if that's your kind of driving.

I know I suggested Japanese, but Nissan, Toyota, Mazda and Honda have all but removed anything with style, flair, passion and excitement from their ranges. I don't think a Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo are what you're after either, so you're mainly stuck with unreliable Euro options.
Emma:-)
  • Forum Helper
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sunnyskem)
why not buy a ****ing citroen saxo for £122,000
How about not having a saxo.
Id go for the audi.
Mr kkk
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Walter Ego)
Royals get a 60% discount from Audi. Effectively, they let them have them at cost for image prestige.

Personally, I find the A3 bland. They're boring to drive, boring to look at, as unreliable as any VAG offering and mainly bought by people aspiring to Audi ownership as they see it as a social climb. The Golf is a bit more cool, and crosses social boundaries with ease, looking cool outside the golf club, parked in Chelsea, or abandoned on a council estate. However, a young guy would normally go for the 3-door, and if so you may as well pay a couple of hundred more and get the stylish coupe. The Scirocco is a Golf underneath, but has better suspension and standard spec which would be £2k as options on the Golf.

The cool cars of the last few years have obviously been the Mini, Fiat 500, Suzuki Swift, and recently the rather good Citroen DS3. I prefer to go my own way and would look at the BMW 1 Series for a superb handling, well built car, especially the powerful diesels and the stylish coupe. A 123D M-Sport Coupe would be excellent for me. At the £21k you suggest for the A3, you could even look at a Mazda MX5 for some open-top fun, in one of the best handling fun cars of the last 20 years. Also worth a look is the Mazda 3 MPS. Peugeot's RCZ coupe is around £22k too. The Renaultsport Clio 200 Cup and Megane 250 Cup are both hardcore performance drivers cars, will definitely break down, a lot, but give thrills like little else on the road today if that's your kind of driving.

I know I suggested Japanese, but Nissan, Toyota, Mazda and Honda have all but removed anything with style, flair, passion and excitement from their ranges. I don't think a Subaru Impreza or Mitsubishi Evo are what you're after either, so you're mainly stuck with unreliable Euro options.
bmw 1 is awesome but that would make people think i cant afford 3 or 5
and Megane 250 Cup is good too i would think about it
Walter Ego
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Mr kkk)
bmw 1 is awesome but that would make people think i cant afford 3 or 5
and Megane 250 Cup is good too i would think about it
I hate that argument, like when people say Cayman owners can't afford a 911 when the basic fact is that the Cayman is a better chassis and I'd prefer it over the posers choice. You wouldn't say a Ferrari 458 owner went cheap 'cos he couldn't afford a 599 ! When I had my Subaru it was a WRX, not an STi, but I chose that because I preferred the 5sp 'box, lighter car ('box and diffs added a lot to the STi) and more subtle (err , yeah) styling (gold, pink and wings, eugh !). Don't even consider other peoples opinions, they are completely irrelevant. The '1' is a good motor, and easily the best quality of what I suggested.
Mr kkk
Rep:
?
I hate that argument, like when people say Cayman owners can't afford a 911 when the basic fact is that the Cayman is a better chassis and I'd prefer it over the posers choice. When I had my Subaru it was a WRX, not an STi, but I chose that because I preferred the 5sp 'box, lighter car ('box and diffs added a lot to the STi) and more subtle (err , yeah) styling (gold, pink and wings, eugh !). Don't even consider other peoples opinions, they are completely irrelevant. The '1' is a good motor, and easily the best quality of what I suggested.
totally agree , my mother has a porsche boxster and her friend thought she cant afford 911 and it's stupid , and after her friends know my father has bentley fly spur and range rover supercharged they zip their mouth , i know it is abit vulga but that is people's opnion .
Mr kkk
Rep:
?
i think im more likely to go for audi
Walter Ego
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yawn
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Japanese, usually.
Yes and look how reliable their country is.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.86%
No - but I will (101)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (632)
47.66%

Watched Threads