too old? Watch

Smitherers
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by -honeybee-)
What did you expect anyone to say? It is illegal and, you may not realise it now, but the difference in maturity, life experience, expectations and ambitions between you will be vast.
(Original post by Jellybean91)
First of all, thats illegal...
Ill-advised, yes. Illegal, no. Geez, not everyone wants sex from a relationship you know
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
No the age gap is fine, go for it!

Oh wait, we were talking about a consensual relationship as opposed to being groomed by a paedophile. Oh ok. Yeah OP, don't do it.

...its a trap.
-honeybee-
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smitherers)
Ill-advised, yes. Illegal, no. Geez, not everyone wants sex from a relationship you know
I'm pretty sure most 25 year old men do.
Jellybean91
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
if it does go any further (and youre not gonna tell me someone whos 25 is gonna wait for 2 years for her to become of age) then it will be illegal. He is not far off double her age... aren't there any alarm bells ringing for you?
IndigoRockGirl
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Under 16, it's kind of weird but if you were like 17+ it would be ok I think x
Charlottelisabeth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If by a minor you mean under 16 then it's definitely wrong. Someone in their mid teens going out with somone in their mid 20's...tbh nobody's going to think it's alright apart from yourself and your friends. Plus it's illegal if you have sex, which I'm sure you already know.

IMO I don't think someone who is over 20 should be going out with a minor.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
thats the point its not illegal cause we dont and hes not ever suggested having sex we dont even hold hands hes just a good person to talk too and we're on the same page, if anything was to happen id wait till im 18 im not stupid but obvs i must be cause if i was looking in from the outside id think he was a paedo...
Nicki.B
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm sorry but 14 and 25.. waaaay too big an age gap. I know people who get stick for 16 and 20.. haha.

I'd say the age gap only starts becoming acceptable after about 20 when the youngest is not in education anymore (or the end of it.. Uni) and parents no longer control our lives :P (Y)
-honeybee-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
If by a minor you mean under 16 then it's definitely wrong. Someone in their mid teens going out with somone in their mid 20's...tbh nobody's going to think it's alright apart from yourself and your friends. Plus it's illegal if you have sex, which I'm sure you already know.

IMO I don't think someone who is over 20 should be going out with a minor.
She's already said she's 14 :eek:

And your last line is surprising... I don't think anyone who isn't a minor should be going out with a minor (except in the case of 15/16 year olds). By your logic you could have a 19 year old with a 13 year old
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Although if it was a 14 year old boy, peoples opinions would be far far different.
JaiiStarh
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're 14??? That is definitely not right! He is just going to take advantage! Why can't a big man of 25 find a woman closer to his own age?

My parents have a 10year age difference but they met at a much older age. They get along well and have never said age was an issue.

But I would advise you to find someone closer to your own age hun. He has nothing to offer you!
Charlottelisabeth
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
She's already said she's 14 :eek:

And your last line is surprising... I don't think anyone who isn't a minor should be going out with a minor (except in the case of 15/16 year olds). By your logic you could have a 19 year old with a 13 year old
I see your point and I agree. I have a friend who used to go out with a 14 y/o when he was 18and I didn't think he should have ever been in a relationship with her. I think a 19 y/o going out with a 13 y/o is really totally wrong. I said 20 y/o just because like you, it's different if the person is 15/16 y/o.
arabcnesbit
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Take older person's age and divide by 2 then add 7.

If you are younger than this it is generally considered weird.

True story.
ihaveyourcat
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Out of curiosity OP, how did you meet this guy?
ForKicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
'Please rate some other members before rating this member again.' why is some retard trolling hard today?
-honeybee-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Delaney)
Although if it was a 14 year old boy, peoples opinions would be far far different.
I know what you mean but I think this case is totally different. Not many people would be congratulating a 14 year old boy for going out with a 25 year old woman... I think they would be ringing social services!

(Original post by Charlottelisabeth)
I see your point and I agree. I have a friend who used to go out with a 14 y/o when he was 18and I didn't think he should have ever been in a relationship with her. I think a 19 y/o going out with a 13 y/o is really totally wrong. I said 20 y/o just because like you, it's different if the person is 15/16 y/o.
I know a 22 year old guy who was going out with a 16 year old girl... he really makes a habit of the younger girl thing Yeah 15/16 year olds are different, but I'm 20 and I can't imagine being with anyone that age!

(Original post by ihaveyourcat)
Out of curiosity OP, how did you meet this guy?
I want to know this too, it sounds so dodgy
evolutionaryme
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
report the weirdo. jesus christ you're 14!
ForKicks
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
14 in troll years
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I know what you mean but I think this case is totally different. Not many people would be congratulating a 14 year old boy for going out with a 25 year old woman... I think they would be ringing social services!
Would they be coming out with stuff like this though? I doubt it.

She is just going to take advantage!
being groomed by a paedophile
She's a pedo who's grooming you
Run the **** away and keep your distance from this woman
Seriously ask yourself why she's interested in someone so young!
She is an adult, probably has a full time job, a house, probably had a lot of sex and will expect it
BigFudamental
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
thats the point its not illegal cause we dont and hes not ever suggested having sex we dont even hold hands hes just a good person to talk too and we're on the same page, if anything was to happen id wait till im 18 im not stupid but obvs i must be cause if i was looking in from the outside id think he was a paedo...
Trust me, no normal 25 year old male finds the company of 14 year old girls in any way stimulating (intellectually). In fact I should think that most males over the age of about 18 would go out of their way to AVOID the company of 14 year old girls (except for paedo purposes).

That leaves you with two possibilites:

1. He's a paedo.
2. He's a retard.

Do you really want to get involved with either?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads