I feel very proud to be English Watch

screenager2004
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
What occurred yesterday was a very tiny, southern, middle class glimpse of British culture. I didn't feel particularly proud of it.
Abbadon27
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There the British royal family, not English.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Pn94)
Read the OP. :facepalm:
You said "Having pride in one's country is irrational" which is a statement that's clearly completely unrelated to the OP. Do you wish to amend your statement? If not would you care to explain how choosing to be proud of something you identify with is irrational?
isaqyi
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Abbadon27)
There the British royal family, not English.
Where did I call them the English Royal Family? This is getting tiresome now.
Broderss
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by screenager2004)
What occurred yesterday was a very tiny, southern, middle class glimpse of British culture. I didn't feel particularly proud of it.
Not even proud of the reaction from the population and how everyone came together to celebrate a special occasion?
Superstar6318
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm proud to be British.
I'm not English though.
Abbadon27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by isaqyi)
Where did I call them the English Royal Family? This is getting tiresome now.
So, your not proud of the rest of the country, just a part of it?
isaqyi
Rep:
?
So, your not proud of the rest of the country, just a part of it?
I'm not Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish. I am English and immensely proud of England.
screenager2004
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
Not even proud of the reaction from the population and how everyone came together to celebrate a special occasion?
If anything I thought the sheeplike brainless worship of something for no reason was pretty pathetic and made me feel slightly embarrassed of my country.
Haulward
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yesterday made me very proud and grateful to be English. We're a country that takes it's freedoms for granted, and yesterday joined together to celebrate the marriage of our future king.

God bless England.
I agree.
BlueJoker
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's fine to be proud, as long as that pride doesn't turn into disdain for other countries.
Abbadon27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm not Scottish, Welsh or Northern Irish. I am English and immensely proud of England.
If your English your British, seeing as England is part of Briton.
isaqyi
Rep:
?
If your English your British, seeing as England is part of Briton.
British by birth, English by the grace of God.
Delaney
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was referring specifically to England. Where did I say they weren't the British royal family?

It was England that hosted the wedding and put in all the leg-work.
We all contributed to the money spent on security at the event. Numerous groups from the rest of the United Kingdom lined the event, for example the Boys Brigade and the Scouts came from all different parts of the UK.

You're proud to be English because they happened to have the wedding in England? :confused:
Abbadon27
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
British by birth, English by the grace of God.
Ok, sorry. I didn't realise you are a nutter.
isaqyi
Rep:
?
(Original post by Delaney)
We all contributed to the money spent on security at the event. Numerous groups from the rest of the United Kingdom lined the event, for example the Boys Brigade and the Scouts came from all different parts of the UK.

You're proud to be English because they happened to have the wedding in England? :confused:
They didn't just 'happen' to have the wedding in England. England has been the cornerstone of the Royal Family since its creation.

As for the pitiful contribution of the rest of the UK, I think it's fair to say that England contributed by far the most.
flowermaster91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Delaney)

:rofl2: pahahahahaha, thats what i was thinking
Pn94
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Broderss)
You said "Having pride in one's country is irrational" which is a statement that's clearly completely unrelated to the OP. Do you wish to amend your statement? If not would you care to explain how choosing to be proud of something you identify with is irrational?
Read the final line of the OP, then read my 1st post.

I deserve rep for this.
Broken_Circles
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It made me proud to be British. I'm proud to be English too, of course, but England can't claim credit for the whole thing. I think the whole of the UK was well represented in many ways.
EffieFlowers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I was referring specifically to England. Where did I say they weren't the British royal family?

It was England that hosted the wedding and put in all the leg-work.
Yep, I'm so proud of England too. :cry2: I mean, how they are accomplashig their Americanism so soon is a feat of absolute brilliance.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (502)
37.74%
No - but I will (102)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (91)
6.84%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (635)
47.74%

Watched Threads