How to stop hotmail sending emails/viruses to my contacts? Watch

Novis
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You've probably fallen for some wierd spam :\ my best idea is to just make a new email, and be more aware of what you open.
username196545
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Lol, I recently got spam from my own mum, encouraging me to buy a penis enlarger.

Like yeah, really? :rolleyes:
Nextmove
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Smilie :))
Hmm this might sound stupid, because im rubbish with computers and everything LOL but where can i get Kaspersky Pure protection from?
You can get it from pretty much anywhere. Argos sells it and it's on Amazon too.
Generally I think it costs £60 - £70

It costs a lot but it's totally worth the protection. Killer PC protection. Isolates bloody as well anything close to a threat.
Smilie :)
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Nextmove)
You can get it from pretty much anywhere. Argos sells it and it's on Amazon too.
Generally I think it costs £60 - £70

It costs a lot but it's totally worth the protection. Killer PC protection. Isolates bloody as well anything close to a threat.
Oh i see, thanks for the help! I really appreciate it
algérie_mon_amour
Badges: 2
Report 7 years ago
I had the same problem, so I changed my password and yesterday I noticed in my 'spam' emails there was those 'email not delivered' messages.
It's really annoying!
jwright91
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Dammit you guys are so annoying, I'm always getting emails from compromised email addresses.

Be careful when surfing the net.
Think of a more complicated password than your birthday.
If using windows, use some anti virus + spyware software.

If everything fails, format your HD and make a new email account, just so that you don't **** off all your friends.
Cheza.AU
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
(Original post by Victor-PP)
Yeah, happened to me. I was so sick of it I created a new account.

Hotmail sucks. I only use it to chat on MSN. Gmail is way better for standard e-mail.

Hotmail doesn't suck I've been using Hotmail for years without any problems. These viruses usually occur because either 1/ the person clicks on suspicious links in body of the email, 2/ the person opens suspicious attachments in emails or 3/ visits unsafe websites.

Try removing it with Malwarebytes. Good luck
Cheza.AU
Rep:
?
Report 5 years ago
Hotmail is a good, free email provider. I've been using it for many years without any problems. Usually, these sort of viruses occur 1/ when people click on links without firstly ensuring such links are safe, 2/ open suspicious files sent via email or 3/ venture onto unsafe websites

As a precaution if I were you, I'd email all in your address book and warn them about emails from you - not to click on any links/attachments until you notify them further.

Either way, good luck.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (380)
37.33%
No - but I will (78)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (71)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (489)
48.04%

Watched Threads