Imperial (21)
28.77%
I smell like maths
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Reminisce)
Imperial but they're influenced by other reasons that probably won't apply to everyone...
what were the reasons?.. just out of curiosity
Reminisce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by I smell like maths)
what were the reasons?.. just out of curiosity
Location - obviously, London has more opportunities afterwards and being in London for 3 years would help build up a network.
Farhan.Hanif93
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Reminisce)
Location - obviously, London has more opportunities afterwards and being in London for 3 years would help build up a network.
Depends entirely on what opportunities you're hoping will arise from your degree.

It looks like you're applying next year so I really recommend doing your research on everything else there before making that conclusion. A lot of these top Universities look brilliant from the outside but once you dig a little deeper, a lot more less-good things start showing. (For what it's worth, in year 12 I thought that Imperial was amazing place for me to be but it wasn't until very late this year that I realised that it wasn't as good [again, for me] as it seemed)
Reminisce
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)
Depends entirely on what opportunities you're hoping will arise from your degree.

It looks like you're applying next year so I really recommend doing your research on everything else there before making that conclusion. A lot of these top Universities look brilliant from the outside but once you dig a little deeper, a lot more less-good things start showing. (For what it's worth, in year 12 I thought that Imperial was amazing place for me to be but it wasn't until very late this year that I realised that it wasn't as good [again, for me] as it seemed)
Sorry, I was mentioning this in general. For me specifically, Imperial is attractive because of the accessibility of the City .
bzzz
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Farhan.Hanif93)

This, times a million. Once you start digging beneath the shiny surfaces of prospectuses and "official" information, it's pretty shocking how some aspects of some of the best universities (reputation-wise) are so poor.
like_a_star
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I like both unis but for completely different reasons.
I like Imperial because I've lived in London my whole life and it would feel wierd to move away and it would be cheaper if I live out one year and then travel for the rest) and I also think (me being british asian) I would probably fit in at imperial better as there are quite a lot more british asians there than warwick (not being racist I love hanging out with other culture but I just don't like being the odd one out). But some of the things that I have heard about the imperial maths course are putting me off (don't get much help but are thrown into the deep end). Warwick is amazing. I absolutely loved it when I went there and for people saying that there isn't much to do there is plenty and it is a lot more sociable than you think because it is a campus uni.
I guess I would probably pick warwick over imperial but that's my choice. You should try visiting them and see if you can see yourself there
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Cardiff Metropolitan University
    Undergraduate Open Day - Llandaff Campus Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • University of East Anglia
    Could you inspire the next generation? Find out more about becoming a Primary teacher with UEAโ€ฆ Postgraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19
  • Anglia Ruskin University
    Health, Education, Medicine and Social Care; Arts, Humanities and Social Sciences; Business and Law; Science and Engineering Undergraduate
    Sat, 27 Apr '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (571)
37.71%
No - but I will (119)
7.86%
No - I don't want to (109)
7.2%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (715)
47.23%

Watched Threads