The Student Room Group

Do you ever think "wait, I always text him/her first"?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I only really text/ call when there's a point to it... I tend to ignore phone calls and texts when I'm busy or just want to relax. Basically I wish my phone could just allow calls and texts that have a point & the point is good... Not that I have to do something or pay for something or I've done something wrong. Phones are too stressful!
Reply 21
Original post by stephie.u3
when it comes to guys i'm interested in...i'd like to text them first cos i get excited about it but i got told off by a mate for texting this guy first because apparantly if you text the guy fist it makes you seem clingy and it scares them off...is this even true??

As long as there's a point to it and it's not waffly, it comes across as confident. Also, if a guy texts you at say midday, text them back at midnight. I love getting texts from girls I like in the middle of the night, it shows they're probably drunk and thinking about me :smile:
lol this reminds me of when I was young and spending the whole day on MSN was 'the thing to do'.

[Girl I fancy comes online]

"She's on! :woo: won't start the conversation or I'll come across desperate, let her start this time :yep:"

[5 mins pass - no conversation so far]

"Any minute now...":tumble:

[Girl goes offline]

"DAMN IT! I should have said something....fml" :getmecoat:

Good times :biggrin:
Reply 23
Never. I call and text him way more, but I don't mind. It's much cheaper for me than for him.
Original post by Steezy
As long as there's a point to it and it's not waffly, it comes across as confident. Also, if a guy texts you at say midday, text them back at midnight. I love getting texts from girls I like in the middle of the night, it shows they're probably drunk and thinking about me :smile:

aha amusement from the 'drunk and thinking about me'...i'll take that into consideration, not sure if it will work:tongue:
oh and what would you say was a not waffly/a purposeful text??
Reply 25
when it comes to guys i'm interested in...i'd like to text them first cos i get excited about it but i got told off by a mate for texting this guy first because apparantly if you text the guy fist it makes you seem clingy and it scares them off...is this even true??

No, I love it when the girl I like texts first.
Reply 26
aha amusement from the 'drunk and thinking about me'...i'll take that into consideration, not sure if it will work:tongue:
oh and what would you say was a not waffly/a purposeful text??

Well for example, this girl I'm texting atm is very straight to the point & I like it. We'd been texting then she stopped so I sent her a random text on Saturday saying "how are you, up to much this w/e?". She didn't text back so I forgot about it, then at 10pm she texts saying "where you?" so I called and we hooked up. Love it cos it keeps me thinking about her and leaves more to talk about irl rather than having huge conversations via text.

Edit - I'm most likely being used but I kind of like it in a wierd way
(edited 12 years ago)
Original post by Steezy
Well for example, this girl I'm texting atm is very straight to the point & I like it. We'd been texting then she stopped so I sent her a random text on Saturday saying "how are you, up to much this w/e?". She didn't text back so I forgot about it, then at 10pm she texts saying "where you?" so I called and we hooked up. Love it cos it keeps me thinking about her and leaves more to talk about irl rather than having huge conversations via text.

Edit - I'm most likely being used but I kind of like it in a wierd way

aww thats sounds really sweet...so i should be a bit more spontaneous?? i'll give it a go:tongue:
Original post by Panda Vinnie
lol this reminds me of when I was young and spending the whole day on MSN was 'the thing to do'.

[Girl I fancy comes online]

"She's on! :woo: won't start the conversation or I'll come across desperate, let her start this time :yep:"

[5 mins pass - no conversation so far]

"Any minute now...":tumble:

[Girl goes offline]

"DAMN IT! I should have said something....fml" :getmecoat:

Good times :biggrin:

This is just like me 5 years ago...and still just like me :redface:
Reply 29
yeah, haha. it's alright if it's one of my best friends or something because they wouldn't mind if i was texting them first all the time, normally it's only because i've got something to say, not just saying hi. but i get really self-conscious if it's someone i like, wanting to talk to them but not wanting to seem clingy by always texting first. oh and don't forget overanalysing the whole situation; 'i always text first! why don't they? do they not like me? do i like them more than they like me?' pffft.
so if someone did not text you first for a while, would you stop texting them??
Reply 31
Original post by wizardess65
so if someone did not text you first for a while, would you stop texting them??

Well if it becomes a regular pattern of me texting first every time, then I would eventually give up as I'd get the impression she isn't bothered/interested plus it's a bit clingy. Unless I need her help, then I wouldn't hesitate. :biggrin:
Original post by qwerty_mad
Well if it becomes a regular pattern of me texting first every time, then I would eventually give up as I'd get the impression she isn't bothered/interested plus it's a bit clingy. Unless I need her help, then I wouldn't hesitate. :biggrin:

I asked because I have not been initiating the convo for some time now but the person in question does not hesitate to contact me. i was thinking whether i was giving the impression that I am not interested by not initiating. But again, I used to be the convo initiator all the time before so I am guessing he thinks he should initiate more. This is messed up haha

if you always do,then yes its true.. nobody wants a clingy person..so thats why i always keep the things in balance..if i stop texting and he dont text me or call me anymore,then next one! the world is full of men:mmm:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending