?
Report 7 years ago
tell him to pay his way or **** off
SugarPuffs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Say to him that you'll walk out on him and throw him out of your place together, since he only pays a small amount compared to you. That way he'll feel bad and do anything you demand, as long as you make it clear to him that you'll leave him if he doesn't start paying his fair share.
Laura H
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Tell him to man up and start paying his own way.

Although personally i would ditch him he's making a laughing stock of you
BackDoorEntry
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by laurabrown)
Hi, thanks for the advise, i have tried talking to him but it just ends up in an arguement but im going to be persistant cuz it certainly isnt fair.
Difficult to chat to anyone about it really cua most of my mates are single, they dont really understand and my parents never know if theyare being biased!
He's taking the piss.
Dump him and pay for yourself.. because it doesn't sound like he's willing to talk it over. He's a **** for doing that, and you might not see it but TSR does!
Laura H
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SugarPuffs)
Say to him that you'll walk out on him and throw him out of your place together, since he only pays a small amount compared to you. That way he'll feel bad and do anything you demand, as long as you make it clear to him that you'll leave him if he doesn't start paying his fair share.
I don't think he gives a sh*t about her, he's just a sponging noob and will carry on until she shows him the door.
Meh.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I don't get it. Is he living there, as his home too? Or is he just visiting you most nights?

There's a big difference.
SugarPuffs
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Laura H)
I don't think he gives a sh*t about her, he's just a sponging noob and will carry on until she shows him the door.
I agree. She must tell him to GTFO as soon as possible.
BeyondandAbove
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by judgejohndeed)
What kind of crappy car is £350??
I was wondering about that too... (Not crappy, but the price) Never seen any used cars for under €1000 (900 GPB). But then I may have looked at the wrong places.

OP, NEVER rent a place for more than one person on your own name only. Get EVERYBODY on the contract. But I guess it's too late for that now. :/

Get rid of your 'boyfriend'. He's clearly using you.
123-ABC
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
To be honest, I dont know how he had the nerve to make you pay in the first place. Dump his ass regardless of what he says.
Bibushka
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If he doesn't want to understand you, than it's so obvious what you need to do-leave him.THe end of story!
Keets7
Report 7 years ago
Yep...Uni can be pretty expensive...wise up
gwg90
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Long story short £10 rent would probably get you 3 mins worth of heating, water and maybe a snack to eat.
So unless he stays there for that precise time and eats a sandwich then goes. Tell him to cough up some cash the stingy git.
Rokaf0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I laughed when I heard he came up with £10. Sounds like something off Family Guy... (sort it out! )
n65uk
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
So ive been with my boyfriend for over 2 years now. I was in halls last year, and as he was round all the time we decided that we were going to get a place together. He agreed but said that it should all be in my name and he would pay towards the rent or contribute at much as he could....
he is here for most of the week, basically living here and pays £10...whilst im left with bills,food and rent for over £500 per month.
Ive told him that its not right and if hes here then he should contribute so he came up with £10.
even when we go to the supermarket he will still expect me to pay half is this fair?!?
I would love to have a place of my own next year...but when im basically paying for 2 people to live its not possible.
Ive tried telling him and all hes said was that he wont bother coming round...what else am i meant to say to him?
he claims hes got no money but then goes and buys a car at £350 and then a bike £200, then he waltzes over to my place and gets everything pais for whilst me and my family have to scrimp and save..how is that fair?!

anybody have any wise words? cuz i just dont know what to say to him
thanks
Dump his ass
Find someone else
?????
Profit
Travelling_Girl
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
My first reaction was that your boyfriend is a tool and you are very naive for agreeing to put your name on everything. Surely that should have been a red light before the rest of this started kicking off. However part of me wonders whether you two have a communication problem. Did you two agree to share a house together or is he under the impression that you're renting a place with enough room for him to stay over? It might seem like the first to you, but it appears to me that he thinks its the latter, especially because of his threat of "not bothering to come round" any more. This comment really suggests to me that he sees it as your property and not his (and technically he's right). Whether he's planned this or not is another thing. Either way he doesn't sound like a very considerate guy and I'd get rid none the less. It'll half your energy and water bills at least. :P
SpiritedAway
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Weren't alarm bells ringing when he asked you to put it all in your name? Never make that mistake again :no:.
He's probably not even using you on purpose, but he is take the piss, in which case, you need to sit down with him, and tell him that if he can afford not only to buy, but to run and pay for the up-keep of 2 modes of transport, then he really needs to sort his priorities out. Instead of just paying the bills/rent/food, get him involved too. So sit down with him and write a shopping list with him (even if you don't need one!), and go through the bills and accounts with him so he really knows how much you're paying! Then tell him that you're also skint and can't afford a bike and a car and he is to start paying his way as you can't afford to carry him through life.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (459)
38.06%
No - but I will (91)
7.55%
No - I don't want to (85)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (571)
47.35%

Watched Threads