online blog or personal journal - which do you have/prefer? Watch

Poll: Do you have an online blog or personal journal?
Online blog (12)
41.38%
Personal journal (8)
27.59%
Both (1)
3.45%
Neither (8)
27.59%
Young Spade
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
Hahaha yeah that makes sense :p: I take time and write often though, but I know what you mean.. maybe keeping an online blog is easier for some !
Yea...do you have a blog? I'mthinking about just writing things down,articles if you will, in M. Word or something and saving them until I find a blog at a good site I want to do.

Any suggestions? On the blog sites lol.

But yea... summer's here and I'm going to have a ton of free time so it wouldn't hurt to start now.
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Stargazer23)
I had a diary when I was younger, and I've kept a online blog for a while but found I didn't really write what I was feeling honestly. Maybe because other people could view it, but even when it was set to private I just didn't keep up with it :dontknow:
I think I'd be like this :p: Thanks for the input I think I'd probably prefer a personal diary... gahh
mel0n
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Young Spade)
Yea...do you have a blog? I'mthinking about just writing things down,articles if you will, in M. Word or something and saving them until I find a blog at a good site I want to do.

Any suggestions? On the blog sites lol.

But yea... summer's here and I'm going to have a ton of free time so it wouldn't hurt to start now.
tumblr or blogspot are the popular ones I know of. Maybe 'blogger' is quite popular too
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by mel0n)
tumblr or blogspot are the popular ones I know of. Maybe 'blogger' is quite popular too
Thanks for the suggestions; yea I've heard of those two.... I don't think I'll be creating one anytime soon though lol. I'll keep those in mind.
riotgrrl
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Young Spade)
Thanks for the suggestions; yea I've heard of those two.... I don't think I'll be creating one anytime soon though lol. I'll keep those in mind.
For more personal "diary" type ones, a lot of people use livejournal.

I've kept personal journals sporadically since I was about 12. I like looking back at them and they usually make me laugh at what a massive spaz I was in my early teens. I've only ever managed to fill one whole notebook though- I'm really bad at sticking with one! A prettier notebook always comes along and catches my eye and I switch to that. I'm using a green moleskine cahier at the moment and I am going to keep using it until it's finished!
Young Spade
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by riotgrrl)
For more personal "diary" type ones, a lot of people use livejournal.

I've kept personal journals sporadically since I was about 12. I like looking back at them and they usually make me laugh at what a massive spaz I was in my early teens. I've only ever managed to fill one whole notebook though- I'm really bad at sticking with one! A prettier notebook always comes along and catches my eye and I switch to that. I'm using a green moleskine cahier at the moment and I am going to keep using it until it's finished!
That's cool. Yea I mean, I constantly think about writing topics or ideas/concerns that come up in my mind down, but the times where I would be able to write them (coffee shop, kitchen table, room, etc.) I want to relax and don't feel like exploring the recesses of my mind and churning out a well written, somewhat philosophical essay.

The desire is there but at the loss of relaxation and peace of mind to compose the work isn't warranted at that time
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (385)
37.27%
No - but I will (80)
7.74%
No - I don't want to (72)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (496)
48.02%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise