People who never do the fun things you can only do while young? Watch

withintemptation
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It's his life. He's also probably going to end up with a pretty decent job after such years of study.
I'm currently in university, have never had a real boyfriend, haven't lost my virginity and I don't drink or anything like that.
I go out to a certain club that plays my sort of music when I am back home but where I am at university there is nowhere that plays my scene so I don't go out that much.
I don't feel that I am having a rubbish life in comparison to anyone else who does do all of the above at all.
I'm incredibly happy, have a fantastic group of friends, have no interest in drinking and don't want to lose my virginity to some randomer.
I don't see it as a problem personally, and neither should you. Let the guy do as he pleases
Cynthi007
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
OK Im all for people living their lives but how would someone feel by the time their say 25-30 when in their late teens to early twenties in university was shy, never had a girlfriend, was a virgin, never went clubbing, didnt drink excessively or did any such fun things. but just studied and studied. Would he deeply regret the time he had that he would never get back when he graduated or is it wrong to assume this?
I feel really sorry for you if that is what you call fun.
Cynthi007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by ScarletMoon)
I don't care.
ok, but why did you post it then?
Tefhel
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Er who are you to comment on how 'fun' someone else's life is? Unless he's talked to you about being miserable then I'd leave him alone. There are loads of people who just don't enjoy those things and would certainly not regret doing them. I actually like clubbing and drinking lol but I know plenty of people who don't. You could always invite him clubbing or whatever (if you haven't already) and if he says No then he probably just doesn't want to do it!
GAguy
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I wouldn't think about it that way. I mean if it doesn't make sense to you now, why should you do it? How can you regret not doing something when you don't know how it feels like?

I would rather think why you're not doing those things. Probably you (or your friend) don't have the right friends who make these things appealing, and probably you don't have a very out-going personality.

To me, it just happened, I tried loads of things but I always made sure I'm not taking unnecessary risks, and even though some of them were horrible experiences (like LSD) I'm still happy I did them, because I played it safe enough not to get into some long term drama, but I still made an incredible experience that broadened my mind.

I guess it's a personality thing, I'm all for trying different things and pushing certain limits, but I don't think it's a must. As long as you're happy, there is no real reason do something crazy.
Paint-a-Picture
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Is that friend you by any chance?
Ich Dien
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Philbert)
You're assuming that everyone finds clubbing and drinking excessively "fun."
This.
Because everybody on the planet wishes they were 18 again....

:curious:....
DarkWhite
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Why can you only do this when you're young?

Besides, having experienced all that, I still prefer mountaineering trips to clubbing, travelling to interesting countries over excessive drinking and all the activities Scouting brings than typical nights out.
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
You may just be describing the person who will one day be your boss, earn a lot more than you and THEN get to have all the amazing experiences other people want...
Mike Johnston
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
This person will probably just be glad that he didn't give into social pressure like the majority of people because his hard worked will likely have paid off in later life. It's all about short term gratification vs long term gain.
Pindar
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Someone who lived all their life studying, doing work and not having fun? Would they regret this?

Ask anyone over the age of 40, ask them what they would do if they were your age, ask if they have any regrets. 99% of the time they will say "had more fun", or "lived life to the fullest".

The best purpose of life is happiness, what is the point of studying and working? None of those things really matter.

People who only studied but haven't experienced the most enjoyable things in life such as friendship, romance, love, sex and having fun have wasted their lives.

Why do you study? To get a good job. Why do you get a good job? To get money. Why do you get money? To lead a stable comfortable life and be happy. If you are not happy then what's the point?
SatanIsAwesome
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
OK Im all for people living their lives but how would someone feel by the time their say 25-30 when in their late teens to early twenties in university was shy, never had a girlfriend, was a virgin, never went clubbing, didnt drink excessively or did any such fun things. but just studied and studied. Would he deeply regret the time he had that he would never get back when he graduated or is it wrong to assume this?
If that was me I wouldn't be bothered at all.
Clubbing is boring, I don't drink and women generally bore me (don't hate).
Also, why do you assume that all they did was study and study?

Y'know, there are other things to do, like hiking, wargames, computer games, sports, reading, working etc.
x0carrie0x
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
How can we tell you what he'd regret? Everyone's different. Why don't you ask him if he actually feels like he's missing out on anything? If you ask me your friend has a right to live his life how he chooses without you imposing what you think is the right way on him. How can you know what's best for him?
csea
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Erm I don't think the person would regret it if the studying paid off and they were now a ridiculously rich pimp, rolling in cash and babes. LOL
Kabloomybuzz
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Depends what you find fun... I don't like excessively drinking... it affects my moods. Don't like clubbing, as I hate club music. Would much rather go to a gig. Also, I have friends in their 30s and 40s who go to the gigs I do, drink excessively, I've had all nighters with them and a group of others, just sitting up, drinking, talking, listening to music.

Age doesn't stop you doing anything, mindset does. Perhaps studying and studying will get him the grades, and therefore the career and the money and a degree of the freedom to do more fun things in the future.
BabyFace
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Of course they would deeply regret their younger days, but there's no point beating yourself up about what you never did, why not start now??? Whose to say you can't do all those things between the ages 25-30. Tell your friend to losen up a bit and enjoy life
SatanIsAwesome
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by BabyFace)
Of course they would deeply regret their younger days, but there's no point beating yourself up about what you never did, why not start now??? Whose to say you can't do all those things between the ages 25-30. Tell your friend to losen up a bit and enjoy life
http://i44.photobucket.com/albums/f5...8_facepalm.png
IPlayThePiccolo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well if you don't like clubbing or drinking what's wrong with that?
slinkystar980
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
um what?
Josh_Dey
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
so what?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (499)
37.83%
No - but I will (101)
7.66%
No - I don't want to (90)
6.82%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (629)
47.69%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed