Report 7 years ago
Geeks ftw!
.Inspired
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by acat)
Yep, 21 when I'll start. I'm sure it will be fine making friends and stuff as everyone's in the same boat, I'm just concerned that I won't want to hang around with a bunch of 18 year old's still obsessing about where next to put their penis.
There will be SO many freshers, so many different types of people. I'm sure you'll be able to find people who you'd want to hang out with, non penis-obsessed people.. :P
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by Matt77)
Physics - cool.Gravity is one of my favourite things but am not so fond of the whole blowing cats up in radioactive boxes...although wasps would be fine. You'll be a geek too then...I'm obviously like a really cool geek...like erm...can't really think of anybody right now...Dr Who?
Yeah I can't deny I am a bit of a geek... Not in the wacky manga/scifi obsessive sense, just a hint of nerd... and I can't say I agree with exploding cats... Maybe i should reconsider my course choice!
OhNuts
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am also old and will be starting in September, doing a five year course too so I'll be ancient when I've finished!
Islamict-shirts
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm 38 and this Sep/Oct I'll do a 1 year MA in TESOL. If to be in your 20s is considered old....
sanjyotshah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
lol...why the obsession with age and being "old" in 20's...anyways, i am 23 and will be starting at notts in September!
Cdan2112
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
Lol once again woUld just like to say that I didn't start this conv to imply students in their 20s are 'old'... Just wanted to check that there other ppl in the same situation! And obviously there Are lots, very relieved to know. Thanks to everyone for getting in touch:-)
Matt77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cdan2112)
Lol once again woUld just like to say that I didn't start this conv to imply students in their 20s are 'old'... Just wanted to check that there other ppl in the same situation! And obviously there Are lots, very relieved to know. Thanks to everyone for getting in touch:-)
See what you did? Saying people are old...
lilahnurave
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm a fresher at 21 and will be in halls, but insisting on en suite
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Guys / Girls

I had the same concerns when I started last year at the ripe old age of 22 and going in to halls.

Should never have worried. Age is irrelevant and no-one will judge you for it, as long as you don't take an arrogant view and assume you know more than everyone around you. In a hall of a couple of hundred people there will be people you like, people you can't stand and people you'll never speak to.

I'm coming to the end of my second year now and loving it for the most part.
Roxy705
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Cdan2112)
Ok, so I'm 23, but kinda feeling too old for halls now! Anyone else starting this year and living off campus?? Would be good to know there are some others!
Hey im 24 and starting Nottingham Trent this september ive also appiled for the halls as well so i wouldnt worry
DJayLuigi
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I am going to nottingham I'm 24 in couple of days. I'm currently selling my house so i can buy a place near campus. I kind of get the feelin I may be out of the loop by not being in halls??
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by DJayLuigi)
I am going to nottingham I'm 24 in couple of days. I'm currently selling my house so i can buy a place near campus. I kind of get the feelin I may be out of the loop by not being in halls??
You will be a little bit, in the sense you'll miss out on the nights out arranged by halls and staying in them is an easy way of making friends. If you're confident enough to start chatting to people in seminars then you can easily make friends on your course. Buying a house for uni seems a bit excessive, when you can stay in halls and then rent a place with your mates before moving back home.
.Inspired
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cunningstunt87)
You will be a little bit, in the sense you'll miss out on the nights out arranged by halls and staying in them is an easy way of making friends. If you're confident enough to start chatting to people in seminars then you can easily make friends on your course. Buying a house for uni seems a bit excessive, when you can stay in halls and then rent a place with your mates before moving back home.
^ This.

Hall life will be a lot of fun and you'll get to meet so many people! But if you think living in halls is not your thing then you can always find good and cheap private accommodation close to the University in Beeston or Lenton. You could probably even find other people wanting to rent a room here on TSR.

babychamjo
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Im starting in September too and i'll be 33! I'll also be living off campus. What course are you doing?
Matt77
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by babychamjo)
Im starting in September too and i'll be 33! I'll also be living off campus. What course are you doing?
Tis a great age to start Uni. High five
spicycartoon
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
ancient student (26) starting PhD Geography
.Inspired
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh my.. Looks like the definition of old is certainly changing..
cunningstunt87
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by .Inspired)
Oh my.. Looks like the definition of old is certainly changing..
Definition of old is 24!!
StayFree
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by cunningstunt87)
Definition of old is 24!!
Great! I'll be 24 when I start in september!

I'll be an ooold man!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Nottingham
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
    Sat, 29 Jun '19
    Fri, 13 Sep '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (512)
37.76%
No - but I will (104)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (93)
6.86%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (647)
47.71%

Watched Threads