GenialGermanGent
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by RahRah09)
Gotta love than skin cancer.
Gotta love ignorant people who have no idea what they're talking about

Used sensibly, modern, regularly serviced sunbeds are safe. My dermatologist agrees.
teddybomb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well, you probably don't know the girl is wearing it if it looks natural, do you? I think more girls use fake tan than you realise.

OP: Fake Bake really is amazing if expensive. Their airbrush self tanner can be worn during the day too. Hawaiian tropic is great too. Both can be used on the face.

I really like L'Oreal's gradual tanners, only you have to buy a different one for face and body which comes to about £20. So you might as well just buy Fake Bake really. You can get 10% off if you sign up on their website.
Agreed, fake bake is amazing! By far the best fake tan I've tried, and I've tried loads!

I love how loads of guys always muscle in on the fake tan threads saying how orange and horrible it looks...a pretty large majority of my friends use fake tan regularly, almost all occasionally (for nights out etc). None of them are bright orange. Fake tan is only strange looking when you do it wrong.
teddybomb
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by TitanicTeutonicPhil)

Used sensibly, modern, regularly serviced sunbeds are safe. My dermatologist agrees.
...do you use sunbeds?
GenialGermanGent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by teddybomb)
...do you use sunbeds?
Have been nearly weekely for the best part of ten years and my skin is super.
umarrehman187
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
its funny i do not understand one thing,

why do white girls like fake tannin so much, they just always talka bout it lol its funny

just be white it looks better hahah

where im from white people are racist saying you brown **** this and that then they go and tan themselves lol this is only directed to the racist white people in my area not ALL white people
RahRah09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

Really? Just one use increases your risk of skin cancer by 50%. I'm dark and don't burn easily but I'd never use it. I know some dermatologists recommend occasional UV light (you can get those special face things) for severe acne but apart from that.. I mean, sunbeds are actually illegal for under 18s which puts it at the same danger level as cigarettes and alcohol.
GenialGermanGent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Really? Just one use increases your risk of skin cancer by 50%.
Hmm, never heard that before. Then laying on the beach for a week surely would make it go up 300%? Any sources for that?

mean, sunbeds are actually illegal for under 18s which puts it at the same danger level as cigarettes and alcohol.
That doesn't mean that it is as dangerous as cigarettes and alcohol. Young skin is more sensitive and prone to damage if tanning is done wrong (i.e. excessively), so there's a good reason for that law.
RahRah09
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Hmm, never heard that before. Then laying on the beach for a week surely would make it go up 300%? Any sources for that?
http://www.sunsmart.org.uk/advice-an...KMIG_100019999
Using sunbeds for the first time before the age of 35 increases the risk of developing melanoma skin cancer by 75%. Surgical treatment for skin cancer can result in serious scarring.
It's because UV rays from sunbeds are much stronger than the Mediterranean sun!

Modern sunbeds emit mostly UVA rays, but UVB rays can make up anywhere from 0.5-4% of their total output. These emissions can be comparable to the midday sun. And the amount of UVA given off can be 10-15 times higher than the midday sun. .
I just think it's a silly thing to do, just as bad as smoking and excessive drinking and drugs. The disadvantages definitely outway the advantages. I'm all for tan from a can, it can look amazing if you do it well. No one realises that I use fake tan unless I tell them.

Well, it's your life.
GenialGermanGent
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'll respond to this unreflected and under-researched propaganda with... the same thing from the other side of the fence:
http://www.sunbedassociation.org.uk/vitamind.php
http://www.helionova.co.uk/news_sunbeds-the-truth.htm

It's because UV rays from sunbeds are much stronger than the Mediterranean sun!
Depends on the sunbed. And the main advantage is: on a sunbed, you actually know how much dosage you get and can control it.

I just think it's a silly thing to do, just as bad as smoking and excessive drinking and drugs.
Come on, that's ridiculous. Smoking, excessive drinking and - definitely - drugs have immediate and grave effects on your general wellbeing, your social connections, etc. and will kill you pretty quickly.

The disadvantages definitely outway the advantages.
I don't see any disadvantages (if it's done sensibly) and the advantages are healthy looks, better resistive forces, and lifted spirits.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (315)
37.77%
No - but I will (64)
7.67%
No - I don't want to (62)
7.43%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (393)
47.12%

Watched Threads