From "hench" to more athletic Watch

Freakonomics123
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
Well the purpose of this thread is to motivate myself to stick to a workout program, i have been slacking way too much, but i am once again motivated for gym.

I'm tired of reading all the can i lose or tone without gym blah blah threads.

So this is me proving you can get into good shape with mininmal gym.

The pics attached are of me TODAY

For the next 8 weeks, i will be training in gym 4 times a week (1.5 hours weights + 0.5 hours extreme cardio)

but i will try my hardest to stick to a low calorie diet, with ZERO cheat days

carbs at approx 150grams
protein 200g
fat 25g

(i am not going to make this too complicated)

but i believe just the diet alone should help me have a really good 6 pack in 8 weeks.

I will try to upload new pics every few days.

If anyone else wants to join in feel free and we can all help each other and make this the ultimate 6 pack thread.
dayum how are you 79kg???

Im same height as you and weight 70kg dont even have half your muscle lol.

But ive been doing wat uve been doing for my abs, not really worked anywhere else tbh cos not interested but ye if ur committed to it for 8 weeks ull see the effects in no time
Guvnor
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Good luck fella :yy:
catjaum
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by MilkshakeSmoothie)
Wait, so does 4 times a week each at 2 hours count as minimal? :confused:
Yep, if you think about it, if you spend 8 hours a night sleeping, then you have 16 hours of a day to do what ever you like.

16 * 7 = 112 hours a week

8/112 = 7% of your time a week

which i count as minimal,
wikey
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by malaikah)
What's your body fat percentage atm? Will probably help you so you can plan- you'll need around single digit body fat if you want a solid six pack.
Also, if you go by a strict diet, a cheat day every week or every two weeks will do you more good! It'll ensure your fat loss doesn't plateau
No idea what my bodyfat % is, but i know i want to try and get it really low, so pinching my stomach becomes really hard.

The problem with cheat days is

whenever i cheat one day i usually end up cheating for a few days which is really bad, i suck at moderation!!!!!

In the long run, its much better for me to just forget about tasty food

But you know what they say

"the human body takes 21 days to form a habit"

And trust me, this saying is so true, so as long as i stick with my plan for 21 days 8 weeks should just fly by.

....hopefully
HARRY PUTAH
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
Max bench is 150kg right now....in the past have done 160kg

I have never squatted more then 100kg, usually do supersets on legs and not much leg training at all to be honest, not really a big fan of huge legs.

With deadlifts i never go above 140kg (and only ever do minimal dead lifts), although i think i could probably do 180kg but im scared that one day going for my max on deadlifts i would injure myself, and its not really worth it.

im 5foot 11 i fink..... just under 6 foot

right now i weigh 79kg

i want to try and aim to be really lean and be 74 or 73kg
uh huuuuh.

What a troll post or such a crock of ****.
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by StressReliever)
500 cals below maintenance is pretty standard. OP probably burns close 3000 cals a day yet wants to restrict himself to less than 2000 calories.....
I would say i probably burn 2500 cals a day max, on a day when i go gym and train hard aswell

i havent got much of a fast metabolism, its actually quite slow

i'm more of an endomorph believe it or not, was always fat growing up

so for me dieting 1700 cals a day is like my max, but i do lose weight quik

and i can always put on the muscle again quickly once ive lost the fat
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by HARRY PUTAH)
uh huuuuh.

What a troll post or such a crock of ****.
ill take my next set of pics holding up a sign saying wikey to prove im no troll

and those are my stats, so wat is so unbelievable in those stats???
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by catjaum)
Yep, if you think about it, if you spend 8 hours a night sleeping, then you have 16 hours of a day to do what ever you like.

16 * 7 = 112 hours a week

8/112 = 7% of your time a week

which i count as minimal,
no, just from my experience 4 days is what i feel is minimal to see good results.
Powerlifter
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by itrader)
I'm 5'10 86kg ( age 18) with 4.9% body fat on an electronic current body fat caluclator, most accurate device.
Lulz
malaikah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
No idea what my bodyfat % is, but i know i want to try and get it really low, so pinching my stomach becomes really hard.

The problem with cheat days is

whenever i cheat one day i usually end up cheating for a few days which is really bad, i suck at moderation!!!!!

In the long run, its much better for me to just forget about tasty food

But you know what they say

"the human body takes 21 days to form a habit"

And trust me, this saying is so true, so as long as i stick with my plan for 21 days 8 weeks should just fly by.

....hopefully
Haha I know the feeling, trust me I can suck at cheat days too... But the only issue is, if you go on a completely squeaky clean diet for 8 weeks, you sure you're not gna binge once the 8 weeks are up?
DLJ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Forget trying to get more athletic, I think you need to see a doctor about your face. I mean, it can't be normal having a massive blob of yellow on it .
StressReliever
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
I would say i probably burn 2500 cals a day max, on a day when i go gym and train hard aswell

i havent got much of a fast metabolism, its actually quite slow

i'm more of an endomorph believe it or not, was always fat growing up

so for me dieting 1700 cals a day is like my max, but i do lose weight quik

and i can always put on the muscle again quickly once ive lost the fat
If you burn 2500 calories a day, then still would not consume under 2000 cals for fat loss. You want to maintain the muscle you'll already built, that is the point. There is no such thing as quick FAT loss, you have to be patient and take it slow.
Deshi
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
You're pretty light for someone with that much muscle. I am your height, with a lot less muscle and weigh around 72 kg. Good luck though, I want to try something similar in a few weeks so I'll follow this.
FluxD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
ill take my next set of pics holding up a sign saying wikey to prove im no troll

and those are my stats, so wat is so unbelievable in those stats???
He is angry because you fit the "bench n' curl" stereotype. Arms and pecs for pussy is alright if you don't play any sports and don't personally have the desire for big legs/back I suppose.
wikey
Rep:
?
Haha I know the feeling, trust me I can suck at cheat days too... But the only issue is, if you go on a completely squeaky clean diet for 8 weeks, you sure you're not gna binge once the 8 weeks are up?
I'll probably have a few cheat days once i've done the 8 weeks, then back to maintaining probably till september time.

Then i'll have all winter to eat what i like
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by StressReliever)
If you burn 2500 calories a day, then still would not consume under 2000 cals for fat loss. You want to maintain the muscle you'll already built, that is the point. There is no such thing as quick FAT loss, you have to be patient and take it slow.
You know what i think you have a point, whenever i have cut in the past i have lost quite a bit of size, but it does come back quite quick tho.

Anyway i've decided to have 2000 calories for the 1st 4 weeks, and then after 4 weeks i will re-evaluate and change it if i need to.
wikey
Rep:
?
(Original post by FluxD)
He is angry because you fit the "bench n' curl" stereotype. Arms and pecs for pussy is alright if you don't play any sports and don't personally have the desire for big legs/back I suppose.
my back is in proportion with my body, you just cant tell from the pics.

As for legs, maybe they are abit on the small side, but thats because i dont wanna be a guy with a 30 inch waist wearing 34 trousers cos my legs are too big

Big legs imo dont even look that good and just get in the way.

And on his sig, he had his stats wich weren't too great compared to mine, i think thats why he goes im a troll an got angry....

but i have been training 4 years now, which is a long time.
malaikah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
I'll probably have a few cheat days once i've done the 8 weeks, then back to maintaining probably till september time.

Then i'll have all winter to eat what i like
Sounds good to me- good luck
Also, I saw your random post on another thread- as a girl I can say you have a hot body (which'll look even better after the 8 weeks, I'm sure), and I think a lotta guys would like to have your physique, so I don't understand why you're insecure!
wikey
Rep:
?
Sounds good to me- good luck
Also, I saw your random post on another thread- as a girl I can say you have a hot body (which'll look even better after the 8 weeks, I'm sure), and I think a lotta guys would like to have your physique, so I don't understand why you're insecure!
Thanks, but i dont really know why im insecure. I think its because rather then being comfortable with my body, i programmed my self to look at all the bad points (it really helped me motivate myself in gym) but now when i just want to be happy with my body, i cant.

It sucks, i just see endless ways i could improve!!!!

but hopefully oneday i overlook all that...

why dont u join in my challenge an up some before an after pics, or hav u already got the body u want?
malaikah
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by wikey)
Thanks, but i dont really know why im insecure. I think its because rather then being comfortable with my body, i programmed my self to look at all the bad points (it really helped me motivate myself in gym) but now when i just want to be happy with my body, i cant.

It sucks, i just see endless ways i could improve!!!!

but hopefully oneday i overlook all that...

why dont u join in my challenge an up some before an after pics, or hav u already got the body u want?
In a sense that's good, but don't be too harsh on yourself! Although, I should probably do the same to keep myself motivated, actually...

I'm planning on going on a pretty intense regime for the next two months to tone up... Summer's coming, so I wanna look, and feel, good! Watch out, world!

(I'll put up before and after pics once I've actually lost the weight- I'm too embarrassed to actually put up pics now )
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (377)
37.29%
No - but I will (77)
7.62%
No - I don't want to (71)
7.02%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (486)
48.07%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed