What do you think the next world war will be fought over? Watch

CallmeMorris
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by big-boss-91)
i bet it'll be a three tier war, the west, the middle east and the east all fighting for resources. Obviously since the middle east is basically stuck in the 13th century they'll lose first as the west and east takes their oil and natural resources and face each other.

or

west + east vs the muslims
I hope so we need to crush the Islamic preachers.
Sicherlich.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CallmeMorris)
I hope so we need to crush the Islamic preachers.
Well, there are 1.6 billion Muslims on this planet. In other words, if you're fighting the world, put your money on the world.

By the way, why would you want to attack the Muslim world? To steal their natural ressources? Well, that's what our governments have been doing for the last 60 years.
DLJ
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
It might be a recurrance of the War on Terror. Maybe the US or UK will step out of line and bomb some poor Iraeli child and the whole Middle East retaliates, or maybe the crises in Africa may spark something too. Maybe not to the extent of bombing a town or city, but there's bound to be something go wrong in the War in Iraq/Afghanistan that could cause a chain of events throughout the world, also maybe not a World War per se; but a war would be viable through this.

I'd hate to see a Nuclear War though, would devaste our world.
Doyle&TheFourFathers
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
this thread. dun dun DDDDUUUNNNNN
milkytea
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There won't be another global conflict involving nation states a la World War 2. The world has changed since 1939. International society has globalised and the US, the EU and China are interdependent for economic progress, thus they have little incentive to wage war on each other. Rather, the main conflict of the 21st century will be fought (indeed, is in the process of being fought) between market states of consent on one side and terrorist organisations (not necessarily al Qaeda in the future) and some rogue states that instil terror in their countries (e.g. Libya).
lacelicker
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
The last remaining resources, what ever they may be, oil, water, or something that we have no use for yet, but will find one for in years to come!
CallmeMorris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jim Pansen)
Well, there are 1.6 billion Muslims on this planet. In other words, if you're fighting the world, put your money on the world.

By the way, why would you want to attack the Muslim world? To steal their natural ressources? Well, that's what our governments have been doing for the last 60 years.
Christians are going to rise up against them too. As the Islamic race needs to be wiped and cleansed. Unfortunately 60 years is not long enough.
Jimbo1234
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Silver Arrow)
I listened to a podcast about 2 years ago and it said water. It makes sense because the world population is growing rapidly. China is at the forefront of it and it's HUNGRY for resources. The West is slowly diminishing. Africa is just hopeless as ever.
I think it will get to a point where people will be fighting to survive and not to be the "Top dog"
China is slowly taking over the world. They are now owed money by the US & Japan.
I think the West will start it and finish us all.
Discuss.
Minerals
Minerals
Minerals

When they start to run out (already are in some cases), unless we mine the Antarctic, people will fight to control the last deposits (unless we master space flight).
AnJuM218
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Resources
Sicherlich.
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CallmeMorris)
Christians are going to rise up against them too. As the Islamic race needs to be wiped and cleansed. Unfortunately 60 years is not long enough.
There is no such thing as the Islamic race, you moron.
CallmeMorris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jim Pansen)
There is no such thing as the Islamic race, you moron.
You have resorted to name calling how childish.
Aphotic Cosmos
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Resources, as I said in the other WWIII thread.

We are running out of:

1. Land. If we chop down much more forest or clear more wetlands then we will cause irreversible damage to the planet's ecology - we are using land very wastefully at the moment.
2. Water. Desertification and overpopulation are going to lead to continental-scale water shortages by the 2040s.
3. Energy. Oil and gas prices will soar as we start to source hydrocarbons from the very volatile Caspian region which is in between China, Russia, India and Europe (and the US will probably get stuck in too - it always does) and wars break out. France, Iceland and New Zealand are some of the few nations that won't go belly up because they had the foresight to convert to an all or largely renewable and nuclear energy grid.
4. Metals. Rare earths, specifically. There's enough iron in the Earth's crust to build several skyscrapers to the Moon and back, but rare earths, as their name suggests, are, well, very rare, but sadly also important for many high tech developments like wind turbines and next-gen computers. China is tightening it's grip on these resources and we will start to run out of them by 2020.
5. Other elements. Noble gases - vital as coolants and for all sorts of high tech purposes - are running out. Helium will be the first to go - all gone by 2025 despite it's abundance throughout the universe.

We're screwed :sigh:

Thanks a bunch all you gob****es who came before us. Thanks for ruining our ****ing planet.
Elbonian
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably oil. By the time the world's oil reserves are near depleted, I expect the more developed OECDs to cope with alternate means of energy. They have looked at using nuclear energy as a primary source, and this should replace oil. However at the many other less developed countries, chaos will ensue given their lack of energy technologies. These developing countries will be desperate to conduct nuclear programs, but the U.S, China, Russia, Great Britain etc. will not allow this. They want to be able to sell energy to these countries thus generating income for themselves, and they will use 'terrorism' as their excuse for preventing these developing countries from conducting their own nuclear programs.

I'm not saying countries like North Korea and Iran should be allowed to own nuclear armaments, but what's preventing the UN from sending highly trained nuclear physicists to ensure this?

This is the sort of issue that governments such as the U.S. will take advantage of for their own monetary benefit.

Oil is potentially a major catalyst of World War III. Granted, given the finite supply of water and increasing global population, I wouldn't rule out a world war over water either.

I doubt religion will play a big part in a world war. It may be used as an excuse, but the majority of wars in the previous few centuries have been fought for economic reasons. The Israeli question has a direct impact on Israel and its neighbours. But resource and commodity shortages impact the world.
jpye11
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Food/land - a natural consequence of the planets population growth.
geetar
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Yeah, resources seems likely.

But there won't be a 'world war' in the sense of a large conflict like WWI or 2. Instead, there are likely to be lots of smaller wars, with very different characteristics. Conflicts like Iraq are how warfare will develop in the future. The line between war and peace will be blurred, just as the line between soldier and civilian will be. The emphasis won't be on conventional armies, but rather on smaller, more flexible and more 'guerilla' like organisations.

It's all in here, by a man who knows more than most when it some to this sort of thing: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Utility-Forc...4282979&sr=1-1
O'Donovan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Probably something exactly like this:

Toon Fan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by iainthegreat)
When Kate Middleton gives birth to an Asian baby...
hahahaha
Toon Fan
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Race War !!!
O'Donovan
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Toon Fan)
Race War !!!
That too.

Ultimate1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
For the rights to Mars.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (427)
37.75%
No - but I will (87)
7.69%
No - I don't want to (76)
6.72%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (541)
47.83%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise