Report 7 years ago
Chop it off.
crazyferret
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Chwirkytheappleboy)
Your profile says you're a second year medic... haven't you learnt about UTIs?
It's called taking the piss. See what I did there.
No Future
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
1. It's probably a urinary tract infection, not a urine infection
2. There should be an out of hours GP service. Best to get to a GP to get the antibiotics, often trimethoprim
3. If it is a UTI any pharmacy will sell treatment for this, just ask the pharmacist
4. Drink lots of water and cranberry juice until then
Kodias
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Going to need to amputate that thing.
sicarius1992
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by crazyferret)
So...it hurts to piss and you want to make yourself go even more. Well done :dunce:
I see other users have responded already, but your comment is pretty stupid.
xfirekittyx
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by insignificant)
Thankyou

I ended up getting an appointment for the out of hours at 23.50, got told I have yet another infection... to get to a pharmacy quick or if I leave it I will end up in hospital.. rushed to get to a ''24hr pharmacy'' that shut at 12 so had to go back to the out of hours doctors who had the medicine there anyway... just taken one.. should hopefully do the trick.. sick of having them I get like one a month now..
No problem!
Okay next time (although fingers crossed there won't be a next time but since you're getting them regulaly I thought I'd say) get them to grow a culture from your urine sample, this can help because a. they may prescribe you a different antibiotic as they just give you a broad spectrum one here but in other Europian countries they always start you off with a broad spectrum one but once they know what the culprit is, they can give you a more effective specific antibiotic. Doctors here don't do this generally because it's more hassle and perhaps costly.

Also, they can see if it's the same bacteria coming back - (it happened to me, stupid doctor only gave me a 3 day course even though there was evidence it had started to spread to my kidneys and two weeks later it was back with a vegence my mum had to carry me into the surgery because I couldn't move I was in so much pain , this time i got given a 10 day course and it did the job) They never used to prescibe 3 day courses, minimum was 5 - I don't know why they changed the system...actually I do...money .) If it it'll have become resistant to previous antibiotics and they will test for that too and give you one which works.
Nextly, if it keeps coming back - make the doctors check there isn't an underlying cause. Something like diabetes will make you more prone to them. If all else fails (and I'm sure you know all the regular tips) request from your doctor to be referred to a urologist ( I probabaly spelt that wrong) .
Sorry for the essay! But one last thing it could be, as with all illness, you could just be overdoing things and under too much stress which weakens your immune system, which makes it easier for pathogens to invade. Make sure you rest properly for the next few days and don't put yourself under any unneccesery pressure
Kiwifruitz
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Out of curiousity are you on the pill?

And i'd recommend drinking cranberry light, not the normal stuff, as the sugar counteracts the benefits in the normal one.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (179)
39.43%
No - but I will (25)
5.51%
No - I don't want to (32)
7.05%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (218)
48.02%

Watched Threads