Obama has secured re-election Watch

Orwell
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Too early to say, but it is what he does in the wake of it, what he makes US foreign policy into that will really matter.

Remember George Bush (the First) who after the Gulf War was on 91% in the opinion poles, and Bill Clinton went on to beat him.
Fonix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Meh, Obama will take credit for it, and why not? Anyone else would in his position.

15 months is a long time, and as much as I like Obama, that is a long time for the right wing to get its act together. Don't write them off just yet
R.B.G
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Student2806)
Just as long as they don't make typos. Osama got Obama would be less well received :teehee:
Bjoorn
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
i dont know if this is some kind of a bad joke or not, and there's no way i can be bothered to find out, but apparently 'the naked cowboy' is running for president as well. for those of you who don't know him, he plays guitar on times square in NY and looks like an ill tempered, steroid munching gorilla when not performing/manipulating people for spare change. there are endless 'mirror pictures' and photos of bags of cash on his fb page. i am painting a pretty rough picture here but you can do research as well and i doubt you'll find him fit as the president of the US lol
thunder_chunky
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago

:lol: It would be FOX
R.B.G
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by thunder_chunky)
:lol: It would be FOX
Sharpshooter
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Orwell)
Too early to say, but it is what he does in the wake of it, what he makes US foreign policy into that will really matter.

Remember George Bush (the First) who after the Gulf War was on 91% in the opinion poles, and Bill Clinton went on to beat him.
Yep very good point.

Bush's approval rating were above 70% for most of the year in 1991, until it fell in 1992 to 29% at one point because of the economy and other domestic issues.
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
(Original post by R.B.G)
:facepalm: What a clutz
JohnC2211
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
He is making it sound like he was the one who pulled the bloody trigger.

War is old men talking and young men dying.
FlamingIceCubez
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I think he does deserve the credit. And I wanted him to be re-elected anyway as I'd rather have him than another President Bush.
Nasri08
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Fully deserved after outdoing the royal wedding :congrats:
Cynthi007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
at least he tried. bad attempt. maybe he should have pay a doctor to confirm the identity. would have been better.
manchild007
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
"I'm the guy who got Osama bin Laden."

Being somewhat anecdotal there, but I do believe it to be at least partially true. I think he just significantly upped his chances of being reelected in 2012.
As the old adage goes, "Its the economy stupid" and that is what shall decide Obama's reelection chances.

Also if you think that all of the GOP hopefuls are "clueless dip****s" than you must be the most idiotic person I've seen on these forums - people like Romney/Pawlenty are utter dip****s? :rolleyes:
thunder_chunky
Rep:
?
(Original post by manchild007)
As the old adage goes, "Its the economy stupid" and that is what shall decide Obama's reelection chances.

Also if you think that all of the GOP hopefuls are "clueless dip****s" than you must be the most idiotic person I've seen on these forums - people like Romney/Pawlenty are utter dip****s? :rolleyes:
Well I hope there won't be anyone from the Tea Party getting half a chance.
As for the GOP, well to be honest many of them are pretty damn clueless. And just look at how many of them pushed that tax cuts of the rich. And just look at the lengths they went to, to put through the tax cuts for the rich. That's just one example.
To be honest I think that there are so many factors working here, and I am just not sure the GOP have enough to offer to really defeat Obama.
manchild007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Well I hope there won't be anyone from the Tea Party getting half a chance.
As for the GOP, well to be honest many of them are pretty damn clueless.
I don't support the tax cuts for the wealthy of course, but people like Romney for example, preside over the most educated, healthy and prosperous state in the US - he introduced universal health care well before Obama, has supported and invested in education for low-and-middle income children, has a state which is one of the most economically sound there is (a balanced budget etc).

To tar the entire GOP base with the same Tea Party brush is at best foolish and at worst, hugely ignorant. Just b/c there are a few oddballs in the mix and have differing ideologies to yours, does not mean all of them are loony/racist/ignorant/backwards etc.
UnbreakableDimmy
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
While I would be happy for him to be re-elected, we must keep in mind that when Bush took a hardline stance following 9/11, his approval ratings soared, but the effect was short-lived.

The election is still a while off yet.

Actually, I'm shocked to find it's next year. I can still remember 2008! Seriously, he's been President that long :lolwut:
Captain Crash
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by manchild007)
I don't support the tax cuts for the wealthy of course, but people like Romney for example, preside over the most educated, healthy and prosperous state in the US - he introduced universal health care well before Obama, has supported and invested in education for low-and-middle income children, has a state which is one of the most economically sound there is (a balanced budget etc).
Let's be honest here, that's not exactly an election winner in the US at the moment...
manchild007
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Captain Crash)
Let's be honest here, that's not exactly an election winner in the US at the moment...
Did I say it was? No.

My reply was referring to the original poster's assertion that current GOP candidates are a bunch of idiots/morons, which is quite obviously not the case. Having said that, Romney is actually the front runner to secure the GOP nomination, putting aside the dog-and-pony show that is the Trump.

Also, public opinion is actually for universal health care in general - On March 22, 2010, one day after the health reform bill was passed by the US House for example, a Gallup/USA Today poll found that 49% of Americans thought the bill was a “good thing,” 40% said it was a “bad thing” and 11% had no opinion.
Bobifier
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If he can hype it up around the time of the election he is certainly going to have an advantage. Americans are stupid.
Steevee
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Ohh I don't know. It might pop up among the Liberals and midline voters, but he certainley hasn't got any more support from Republicans. Infact, his taking credit for it has ticked some of them off, seeing as the operation to find Osama was started under Bush, ran with the same operational managers as appointed under Bush, and Obama has had basically not input what so ever.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (356)
37.59%
No - but I will (74)
7.81%
No - I don't want to (66)
6.97%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (451)
47.62%

Watched Threads