I'm such a mess, whole situation with bf is destroying me. Watch

Asterix
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tinshed)
pick a day when you will break up with him, plan what you want to say to him (keep it brief) and do it. on your way home buy yourself a giant chocolate cake and eat it all, also invite your girlfriends over to help you finish the cake!
great idea! stick to it.
Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
I know I have to leave him, I'm just scared of being alone after so long. I really want to leave him believe me I do. I just feel I need someone to talk to.
username418231
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
:console: all I can say is, leave him.
Magsam
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
First mistake was not leaving after he cheated on you. Anyone who cheats doesn't give a toss about their partner.

Everything after that comes with the territory because a person who doesn't care about someone can treat them like ****, except you're punishing yourself as well by staying. Why? Because he's destroyed your self esteem. Happens to so many girls who are too cowardly to leave so put up with this ****.

Leave and maybe you can rebuild yourself.
Daaanz
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Magsam)
First mistake was not leaving after he cheated on you. Anyone who cheats doesn't give a toss about their partner.

Everything after that comes with the territory because a person who doesn't care about someone can treat them like ****, except you're punishing yourself as well by staying. Why? Because he's destroyed your self esteem. Happens to so many girls who are too cowardly to leave so put up with this ****.

Leave and maybe you can rebuild yourself.
I know, I know exactly how it's happened .
FlamingIceCubez
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you want to leave him and make it hurt - next time he's comes to the door, just open and say something like "I don't need you." and slam the door in his face. That'll hurt

Though that could potentially cause more problems. Just leave him. Now.
Journeyzap
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
If you want to leave him and hurt him tell him to f off and that he had the smallest **** you ever saw. Will definitely graze his ego, regardless of how true it is.
Goody2Shoes-x
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by tinshed)
she should buy two cakes then! : D problem solved!
Where have you been all my life?!
Anonymous #2
Report 7 years ago
It sounds like it is doing you so much harm - even if you love him and it is the hardest thing to do you should end it and stop speaking to him or having any contact for a few months.
Even though I never thought I would resort to self help books when I was in a relationship which I did not want to walk away from I read it's called a break up because it's broken and it actually kind of helped me to stop contacting him and move on.
x
Kasphlam
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Just send him a text saying 'F*** you.' and never talk to him again.
Anonymous #1
:/
Anonymous #1
I did it, he just broke up with me again. But this time I didn't beg, I didn't cry. I was strong. He cried. I told him I realised I deserve better and that I don't need him, and I walked off and left him. For the first time in ages I feel strong, I feel like a weight has been lifted. Hopefully now I can work on getting back to my normal self
ScORTED
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
that's great, you do now need your friends to look after you, keep busy try to enjoy yourself. Delete him from your phone, from facebook everything just cut him out of your life completely. He will try to worm his way back in and if you are feeling down/alone/vulnerable then he will probably succeed. Then a short while later you'll be back where you were and having to go through it all again.

reach out to your friends, they will support you.
iloveyou_xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Oh hun you need to leave him.

I can relate a little to what you're saying. I've just broken up with my boyfriend of 18 months. Things were wonderful for a year but they've been slowly going downhill for the last 6 months. I was the one crying and getting in a state over arguments while he just sat there keeping his cool and not seeming to care. Granted, there was no physical violence and he was never cruel. But I know how it feels to be so dependent on a person and to cling onto them even though you know it's wrong and that you should leave. It's not pathetic. You love him and it's not something that you can just switch off. But you do need to find the courage to leave because it will only get worse. I spent 6 months waiting for my relationship to go back to being wonderful again and I regret it now. I struggled, became painfully insecure and revolved my life around him in the hope he'd remember how he used to feel about me. But the harsh truth was that he never would.

If you need to talk then PM me.
Tomac
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Leave him. Cas.
katyness
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by silverbolt)
i have no sympathy for you OP as you hold yourself in this obviously bad relationship. You say you should have left when he cheated yet arguably what he is doing is worse yet you are still in it.

Advice - leave
This.

Relationships are like a salad. It's good to go with your food, but if it doesn't taste nice, bin it.
Anonymous #1
(Original post by Anonymous)
I did it, he just broke up with me again. But this time I didn't beg, I didn't cry. I was strong. He cried. I told him I realised I deserve better and that I don't need him, and I walked off and left him. For the first time in ages I feel strong, I feel like a weight has been lifted. Hopefully now I can work on getting back to my normal self
Guys I did do it, look ^^
iloveyou_xx
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
Guys I did do it, look ^^

Oh yay it won't be easy but just stay strong and remember that you can do soo much better
Anonymous #1
He tells me he still wants to be friends, like what do you think I should do, should I cut him out completely, or still meet up from time to time just as friends? We have a holiday booked for the end of June and it looks like I'm going to have to go on it with him. Advice please?
Bslforever
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Use the anon function properly is always a good place to start.

Other than that, cut him out. Much easier for the both of you.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (266)
38.61%
No - but I will (46)
6.68%
No - I don't want to (51)
7.4%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (326)
47.31%

Watched Threads