The Student Room Group

Is this a cheesy way to chat up girls?

Scroll to see replies

No, just no.
That would be creepy if some random guy came up to me on public transport and started chatting me up asking random questions and just start ignoring you after a while and won't really be interested in talking. An hoping I reach wherever I'm going soon so I can get away from this guy.
Original post by ScORTED
Sound advice! Although there are those women who will politely smile at any weirdo who smiles at them so be careful not be chatting up someone who is totally disinterested but too polite to say otherwise.

This would be me. (See above posts of mine xD)
mate if she thinks your attractive you can say anything to a girl and they just giggle and start stuttering

so just flirt your ass off

my personal approach is just to use normal small talk but big time flirt style they fricking love it
Chalenge accepted!
Girls, answer me this:

What kind of places would you find it appropriate for a guy to approach you and ask you out? The library? The shopping mall? Where would you be most likely to say yes to a guy?
I highly doubt that would work. What would probably happen would be she getting really uncomfortable and either getting up or asking you to leave. I don't think the subway or a form of public transport is the best place to pick up a girl.
Original post by ScORTED
Sound advice! Although there are those women who will politely smile at any weirdo who smiles at them so be careful not be chatting up someone who is totally disinterested but too polite to say otherwise.

Some of the best marriages happen that way.
Reply 28
Original post by Sabriella
This would be me. (See above posts of mine xD)

Kinda sweet though, I seem to attract the nutters myself, although not by smiling in fact I usually look quite intimidating :confused:
Original post by SummerSofas
on public transport i was thinking about sitting next to a cutie and saying "hey, i know you from somewhere, where do you know me from"

her "i don't think i know you.."

me *asks questions about her and sits down with her*

too cheesy?

"Yeah I remember you from last night's Crimewatch."
*calls police*
Original post by SummerSofas
on public transport i was thinking about sitting next to a cutie and saying "hey, i know you from somewhere, where do you know me from"

her "i don't think i know you.."

me *asks questions about her and sits down with her*

too cheesy?

...No matter how confident you seemed, or how good looking you were, I would politely say "Oh sorry this is my stop, bye!"

Not only is this idea full of cheese, it's slightly scary.
"do you ever watch crimewatch" could possibly be the creepiest chat up line ever
Reply 32
Original post by im so academic
"Yeah I remember you from last night's Crimewatch."
*calls police*

actually laughed out loud at that one :lolz:
Original post by Charlottelisabeth
Yes it's cheesy. Why is it nearly always on transport that guys need help on chatting up girls?! Any girl would find it wierd and reject a guy who even chats to them on public transport. And the whole 'hey don't I know you from somewhere?' is just.pure.lame :/

Girls aren't interested in being chatted up to on public transport, they just want to get to their destination without any hiccups or some desperate guy talking to them. I know it's harsh, but it's the TRUTH. Plus public transport is a really public place to chat someone up and all the girl is going to be thinking is 'please god let no-one be able to hear him embarassing me like this'.

So a bus is too public, but a club isn't...:rolleyes:

I don't chat girls up on buses, but I'm pretty sure the whole "it's awkward thing" is completely dependent on how attractive an individual is, not the situation.

Girls are just as shallow as they say boys are, IMO.
Original post by ilickbatteries

Original post by ilickbatteries
So a bus is too public, but a club isn't...:rolleyes:

I don't chat girls up on buses, but I'm pretty sure the whole "it's awkward thing" is completely dependent on how attractive an individual is, not the situation.

Girls are just as shallow as they say boys are, IMO.

Well at least in a club others can't really hear anyone but the people they're standing next to basically. In a club you can get some privacy and chat to the guy and actually get away from other people, where else in a bus everyone else on the bus is all around you in a pretty silent environment where even a whisper would be heard.

I don't see how I'm shallow in what I said, it's perfectly justified. I agree that a lot of girls are just as shallow as guys but not all of us are, and the same with guys, not all of them are shallow, and I'm certainly not shallow. What a generalised statement you made!
(edited 12 years ago)
that happened me on the tube yesterday, a guy sat down beside me and said 'are you from around here' then he asked me quistions bout myself. was pretty cringey tbhonest.
Reply 36
Original post by ButterflyWishes
that happened me on the tube yesterday, a guy sat down beside me and said 'are you from around here' then he asked me quistions bout myself. was pretty cringey tbhonest.

he obviously finds you attractive, isn't that a nice thing?
Reply 37
Original post by anoushka1
feminine matter?? i dont know about most girls but if a random guy started talking to me about menstrual cycles I would be veryyyyy scared :tongue:

Yes, avoid talking about sex to someone you just met.

I meant something like, ask her about relationship drama, about fashion, about pets, something simple and cute.
If she thinks you're hot, she'll be glad to chat to you. If she doesn't then she'll just sit there feeling awkward and praying to God for you to leave her. And never, ever ask if she was in *insert destination here* on a "business trip". A guy on a plane asked me that when I was 15! I wanted to slap him. But yeah, unless she keeps glancing over at you and then looking away quickly, she's not interested and you shouldn't talk to her cos she just wants to be left alone.
Original post by Anonymous
Girls, answer me this:

What kind of places would you find it appropriate for a guy to approach you and ask you out? The library? The shopping mall? Where would you be most likely to say yes to a guy?

Anywhere they're not appearing anon perhaps? :lol: I'm shallow, depends on how hot the guy is. I'm going to say no to the shopping mall and a probable no to the library. If a guy cut in on me while I was reading and started chatting me up I'd hit him with the book and tell him to get stuffed. I hate being disturbed while I'm reading, possibly one of the most annoying things ever. Don't know about anyone else though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending