Could anyone recommend a protein rich breakfast.........? Watch

CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by siwelmail)
Idk who neg repped you, but they wrong!
I know, right? :lol: Then again, the full English breakfast is also full of fat, so someone trying to avoid fat maybe wouldn't want that? I dunno, OP never specified anyway.
tehforum
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
BACON STRIPS AND BACON STRIPS AND BACON STRIPS AND BACON STRIPS....

you can where this is going.
Jtking3000
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago

this...

EDIT: damn didn't see that someone already said this
stjohnpeters
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Jtking3000)

this...

EDIT: damn didn't see that someone already said this
Haha, funny stuff
JRA900
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Bacon and eggs.

If you're gonna be doing significant phys, then a banana or such as well.
newts2k
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 years ago
(Original post by JRA900)
Bacon and eggs.

If you're gonna be doing significant phys, then a banana or such as well.
Did you not read any of my original/other posts, Im saying I cant eat a fry up every day. Too expensive and not enough time
JRA900
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by newts2k)
Did you not read any of my original/other posts, Im saying I cant eat a fry up every day. Too expensive and not enough time
Eggs are cheap and don't take long. 8 minutes to hard boil. Even less to make an omelette or scrambled.
newts2k
Rep:
?
Eggs are cheap and don't take long. 8 minutes to hard boil. Even less to make an omelette or scrambled.
Ok, I appreciate that but there is only so many times you can eat eggs, I try and eat them now and sometimes I start gagging and almost vomiting.
JRA900
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
There's no limit on how often or much you can eat eggs, cheap, nutritious, easy to cook and be inventive with.

Why do you start gagging? or vomiting. Are you allergic?
sil3nt_cha0s
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by CherryCherryBoomBoom)
Full English?

EDIT: OK, I think I understand the negs now - I read OP again and you said you don't have time to fry sausages in the morning. Fair enough, my bad :o:. think you should find time to on some mornings though, cos it's damn delicious :drool:
Do you find time for a sausage in the morning? :sexface:
CherryCherryBoomBoom
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by sil3nt_cha0s)
Do you find time for a sausage in the morning? :sexface:
On the odd day, yes :hubba:
Antiaris
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Low-fat cottage cheese and pineapple!
Gallium
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
EGGS+MILK! is all you need ^^
shiningmer
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
hard boil batches of eggs, peel and keep them in the fridge so you can get them quickly in the morning.

my favourite high protein breakfast/snack, though? greek yoghurt with either some honey, fruit and seeds or cereal like muesli (I'd recommend making your own mix though, the store bought are heavy on the sugar and preservatives...)

I wish I had time for an omelette... Then again I also love my porridge (enhanced with egg white) so I don't miss eggs too much

Edit: if you get fage 0%, it has 88kcal and 15grams protein per pot. It may be a bit expensive, but then again where you live you could have other good greek yoghurt options with similar stats. Another good thing I found recently is cottage cheese... I usually have that with some berries, cinnamon and honey.
newts2k
Rep:
?
There's no limit on how often or much you can eat eggs, cheap, nutritious, easy to cook and be inventive with.

Why do you start gagging? or vomiting. Are you allergic?
Not really allergic, just can't keepeating the same stuff over and over again or I just start to find it dififcult t digest and start gagging sometimes, its also a mental thing. But I just find hard boiled eggs hard to digest first thing in morning. For some reason, when I first get up, my digestive system doesn't work properly and I get full easily and start to feel sick but then about lunch time and evening I feel starving and can eat a lot of anything
newts2k
Rep:
?
(Original post by shiningmer)
hard boil batches of eggs, peel and keep them in the fridge so you can get them quickly in the morning.

my favourite high protein breakfast/snack, though? greek yoghurt with either some honey, fruit and seeds or cereal like muesli (I'd recommend making your own mix though, the store bought are heavy on the sugar and preservatives...)

I wish I had time for an omelette... Then again I also love my porridge (enhanced with egg white) so I don't miss eggs too much

Edit: if you get fage 0%, it has 88kcal and 15grams protein per pot. It may be a bit expensive, but then again where you live you could have other good greek yoghurt options with similar stats. Another good thing I found recently is cottage cheese... I usually have that with some berries, cinnamon and honey.
thanks for that, actually quite useful. Is greek honey flavourless, basically was thinking of mixing muesli with youghurt and banana and sprinking protein powder on or something, lol. I cant cook much so dont really know what goes with what but do you reckon that would be ok. Basically, I cnat digest very much first thing in the morning. cheer
thesweatyfox
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
Eggy bread mert
MonkeyMan2009
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
sardines on toast....
member398873
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A whole cow
MarsPlutonium
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
A good breakfast high in protein is usually based around eggs especially for those who are bodybuilding, tends to be omelettes of around 6 eggs, 3 whole and 3 egg whites with a bowl of oatmeal. I'd suggest adding a scoop of whey if you use it to your oatmeal to boost the protein content - check out Optimum Nutrition 100% Whey, they mix really well, taste good and work. ^^

Or if you're looking to lose weight I'd suggest to check out Timothy Ferriss's 4 Hour Body book where he talks about his version of the slow carb diet which does involve a lot of protein consumption. ^^
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (446)
37.93%
No - but I will (88)
7.48%
No - I don't want to (80)
6.8%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (562)
47.79%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise