Newcastle Uni- 'Rah' infested? Watch

Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pipsicles)
This would be true if not for the fact that Newcastle uni is FULL of rahs, without trying to sound like too much of a **** it seems like it is the southerners who come up here and mingle with the other rahs in Jesmond and on Osbourne road. It really is horrible
And you think other prestigious universities aren't? Not all southerners are rahs, you know.
pipsicles
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Rascacielos)
And you think other prestigious universities aren't? Not all southerners are rahs, you know.
Granted I haven't been to that many, but Newcastle is noticably heaving with them. I think where we differ is our definition of rahs, its not just the body warmers and the flip flops, its the wannabe upper-middle class, daddy's credit card attitude that I dislike more than anything else.
Rascacielos
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by pipsicles)
Granted I haven't been to that many, but Newcastle is noticably heaving with them. I think where we differ is our definition of rahs, its not just the body warmers and the flip flops, its the wannabe upper-middle class, daddy's credit card attitude that I dislike more than anything else.
Possibly our definitions do differ, then. I don't class all people who speak well and went to expensive schools as Rahs, if they don't act like it. IMO there are only a few people at every university whom I would consider to be 'rahs'.
lrobbo89
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
I'm at Newcastle and it really depends on which course you're on, where you live and where you go out to whether it affects you. Medical Sciences are all infested!
I would quite like to know why flip flops are rah?! I live in flip flops all Spring/Summer, I used to work in outdoor ed so they were almost like an unwritten uniform rule and one that's become a habit?! I am as far from posh as you get haha!
Beska
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by lrobbo89)
Medical Sciences are all infested!
:afraid:
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 28 Jun '19
  • Northumbria University
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Sat, 29 Jun '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (121)
39.54%
No - but I will (16)
5.23%
No - I don't want to (20)
6.54%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (149)
48.69%

Watched Threads