The Student Room Group
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website

Any gamers? Int connection

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
I live at Tyler Court B right now and I would classify myself as a hardcore gamer. As a gamer, on campus internet at Kent Uni is like heaven. I've had no problems playing my CS/L4D2/TF2/Steam Games, SC2, LoL. I've even hosted a few retro games like Diablo2, AoE2, Worms World Party with no problems. I also download a lot of TV series with speeds up to 2.0MB/s. One problem is that you can't torrent, which is probably the same for most universities in the country due to piracy/copyright reasons.

A question to the people of the thread: I'm moving out to Hales Place next year in a house with 6 people (yeah, a lot of people I know). Which ISP do you guys recommend? Any cool networking tips you want to share? Or any comments about your current internet in Hales Place would be appreciated!

EDIT: Added a speed test I've just done
(edited 12 years ago)
Winter time, University of Kent
University of Kent
Canterbury
Visit website
Reply 21
Original post by SKL

A question to the people of the thread: I'm moving out to Hales Place next year in a house with 6 people (yeah, a lot of people I know). Which ISP do you guys recommend? Any cool networking tips you want to share? Or any comments about your current internet in Hales Place would be appreciated!

I'm moving to HP too, I know Internet connections definitely aren't as good as the Uni. Think we will probably go with Be, as for networking you could get a router with QoS and provide priority to your services (like games) lol, but a bit unfair on housemates.
I've heard that most you can get is around 8mbps but don't quote me on that

(+1 for moving to Hales too :p:)
Reply 23
Original post by Loz17
I've heard that most you can get is around 8mbps but don't quote me on that

(+1 for moving to Hales too :p:)

Up to 8mbps, chance of actually getting that is likely to be low :P

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending