Any gamers? Int connection Watch

SKL
Badges: 0
Report 7 years ago
I live at Tyler Court B right now and I would classify myself as a hardcore gamer. As a gamer, on campus internet at Kent Uni is like heaven. I've had no problems playing my CS/L4D2/TF2/Steam Games, SC2, LoL. I've even hosted a few retro games like Diablo2, AoE2, Worms World Party with no problems. I also download a lot of TV series with speeds up to 2.0MB/s. One problem is that you can't torrent, which is probably the same for most universities in the country due to piracy/copyright reasons.

A question to the people of the thread: I'm moving out to Hales Place next year in a house with 6 people (yeah, a lot of people I know). Which ISP do you guys recommend? Any cool networking tips you want to share? Or any comments about your current internet in Hales Place would be appreciated!

EDIT: Added a speed test I've just done
Xno-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by SKL)
A question to the people of the thread: I'm moving out to Hales Place next year in a house with 6 people (yeah, a lot of people I know). Which ISP do you guys recommend? Any cool networking tips you want to share? Or any comments about your current internet in Hales Place would be appreciated!
I'm moving to HP too, I know Internet connections definitely aren't as good as the Uni. Think we will probably go with Be, as for networking you could get a router with QoS and provide priority to your services (like games) lol, but a bit unfair on housemates.
LadySmythe
Badges: 19
Report 7 years ago
I've heard that most you can get is around 8mbps but don't quote me on that

(+1 for moving to Hales too :p:)
Xno-
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Loz17)
I've heard that most you can get is around 8mbps but don't quote me on that

(+1 for moving to Hales too :p:)
Up to 8mbps, chance of actually getting that is likely to be low :P
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Kent
    Sciences, Social Sciences and Humanities Undergraduate
    Sat, 15 Jun '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 6 Jul '19
  • University of Kent
    Sat, 5 Oct '19

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (508)
37.71%
No - but I will (103)
7.65%
No - I don't want to (92)
6.83%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (644)
47.81%

Watched Threads